Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-23 Movie script in the works! ...

Mangold confirms - http://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-x-23-film/

The film is continuing to defy expectations. While Logan is the rare superhero project that doesn't exist to help set up a shared universe or sequels, a spinoff is brewing ("We're just working on a script," Mangold says of a film that would center on Dafne Keen's Laura). And it has emerged as a possible awards contender.
    "Patty's success with that film only solidifies more for studios that there's less to fear with a female protagonist," says Mangold. "The more that keeps getting hit home, that ends up giving me more space turning around and going, 'Well, here we are with a female protagonist. That's incredible. And what are we going to do with her?' And that's where we are with that [the Laura script] right now, dreaming."
    As Fox gears up to release three X-Men films next year, the studio has signaled interest in exploring the Marvel mutants through different film genres. April's New Mutants is being positioned as a horror film, for example, and a Laura spinoff could potentially branch out from the western-noir-tinged Logan.
    X-Yeah! -Tecuani / 23
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-24-2017 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

A movie set in the future following the legacy mutant characters forming a new X-Men team would be cool. But an X-23 solo movie? I'll pass

oh my how exciting. she gave an incredible performance in logan, and if james mangold directs again, then i have the full faith. very good news from FOX

"Patty's success with that film only solidifies more for studios that there's less to fear with a female protagonist,"
    Really, really? A super popular hero gets a movie thats ok and people like it and that's a surprise?

Anyway, i hope they get an older actress for this. Cause i dont think they will be able to write a story where a little girls is the center of it.

And i know some one is going to point at that Hanna movie but i havent seen it.

I'm curious how much they'll draw on from the comics here, particularly Laura's solo runs or stories.

Any kind of proper costume is probably out-of-the-question.

Could we see Kimura in the flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how much they'll draw on from the comics here, particularly Laura's solo runs or stories.

Her costume is doable in a serious movie, Wolverines wasnt. But it coulda worked in Origins or X3 those movies were just as goofy as his costume would be.

Yea i have a feeling this us gonna be a sruvival movie. Shes still hunted and her and her family are just trying to find somewhere safe. canada aint it

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Her costume is doable in a serious movie, Wolverines wasnt. But it coulda worked in Origins or X3 those movies were just as goofy as his costume would be.

Yea i have a feeling this us gonna be a sruvival movie. Shes still hunted and her and her family are just trying to find somewhere safe. canada aint it
    I could definitely see them working in some variant of her X-Force costume, though I think they might wait until Dafne Keen is older before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Really, really? A super popular hero gets a movie thats ok and people like it and that's a surprise?

Anyway, i hope they get an older actress for this. Cause i dont think they will be able to write a story where a little girls is the center of it.
    Well it's not just any "little girl"...

This follows a very dark tortured character. Dismissing her as just "a little girl" character, seems a pretty ignorant way to see the character.

Considering what they made her into, what she's done, has experienced, and is living with, as she realizes and comes to terms with what she is, and what she is fighting not to become.
    This is not a regular "little girl" story.
    And the l assumption that there would be no adult leads, seems to be you're assumption, why would anyone (but you apparently) think there would be no adult lead characters in the movie?

As far as getting another older actress, pretty sure Mangold is writing and exploring it, in part because of the impact Dafne Keen brought to the character, her age speaks to that. I'm guessing that is something he wants to take further, especially as she grows.
    Becomes more than a fright and fight surviving on instinct, but aware and responsible for her own actions. That is the character.

Hopefully they stick with her, and don't jump to some fanwank over-sexualized adult version.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-27-2019 at 04:10 AM.

I could definitely see them working in some variant of her X-Force costume, though I think they might wait until Dafne Keen is older before that.
    You know what we would be cool if Ian Mckellen was up for it have Utopia or Genosha be the secret place they are looking for and Canada just the first step in finding it. Magneto disappeared and created a hidden island so mutants had a sanctuary. Xavier got his swan song give magneto his.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You know what we would be cool if Ian Mckellen was up for it have Utopia or Genosha be the secret place they are looking for and Canada just the first step in finding it. Magneto disappeared and created a hidden island so mutants had a sanctuary. Xavier got his swan song give magneto his.
    It could be a nice piece of continuity if they have Fassbender's Magneto established with Genosha in Dark Phoenix (as has been rumored)...

If they make a movie, by the time they finish it (from script to release date -- a couple years at the soonest), the character and the actress will both be over age-wise than Harry Potter's first couple movies, and closer to Kick-Ass. She's already 12, and even if they started tomorrow, she would be 14-15, never mind the year it takes to write it enough that it goes to filming. If they can have franchises centered around boys/young men with tortured pasts, so can X-23, as far as I'm concerned.

BANNED

From the gist of the piece, I am guesing that they are going to do an offshoot of the Logan film. And that Laura origin was a bit different from the ones in the book. So there's no guilt about her killing her mother, and movie Laura was not isolated and frienless like book Laura. Kimura can work though, they just need to make it a woman who tortured all the kids.

Really, really? Anyway, i hope they get an older actress for this. Cause i dont think they will be able to write a story where a little girls is the center of it.
    I think they’re staying with the Logan story, So I can’t see them going too for into the future.

Ideally I’d like to see Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why), she’s actually the spitting image of Mike Choi’s drawing of the character. She also has a serious/melancholy air about her. But I think she’s too old for the part (21?). There’s really no reason that they can’t use Keen (or even better Bella Ramsey) for the role.

And i know some one is going to point at that Hanna movie but i havent seen it.
    Hannah is was a bit boring, but it also was something else to behold. A cold ruthless teenage girl. The actress was 17 when it was shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Laura origin was a bit different from the ones in the book. So there's no guilt about her killing her mother,..
    Do we even know who if there was/what became of the supposed "mother" in the movie? If she was even grown in a womb? Also can't remember, was the former nurse Gabriela Lopez, who helped humanize Laura and help the other kids escape, cut up? Seems like despite herself Laura was quite volatile, even around those trying to help her. You don't know the fate of the "mother", there is still room to explore that.

and movie Laura was not isolated and frienless like book Laura.
    Actually it does look like they were often isolated, this wasn't sumercamp like they were all playing together. They were being experimented on, and turned into weapons. "Friendships" if any likely arose in secrecy as the nurse(s) tried to help them escape.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-26-2017 at 07:14 AM.

BANNED

You see Logan? The character is in love with X-Men comics, it'd be very easy to put her in a very comic book looking costume.

i hope they get an older actress for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Ideally I’d like to see Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why), .... (or even better Bella Ramsey) for the role.
    Craig Kyle, the creator of Laura, is apparently working on the treatment with James Mangold.
    And tweeted confirming Dafne Keen will be X-23 !

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrCraigKy...22674456068102

Awesome!!!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-28-2017 at 07:07 PM.