Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I am SO boned up the past few weeks for these characters from yester-X and I would read the FILTH out of this book.
    Super shout for including Cipher, Hope and Prodigy. I'm deeply loving the aesthetic diversity of those chosen, from a color scheme stand point alone. Gorgeous.
    I think what gets me really mad is when the NXM group make meta comments about their uselessness. I don't want to keep hearing them complain about how they can't do anything cause the adults won't let them. That's already been played out a decade and two years ago. They are adults. Also, thanks! I know Hope is controversial and Cipher & Prodigy aren't the most loved.

X-Force
    Writer: Gerry Duggan
    Artist:Clayton Crain
    Cable (Leader/Tactician)
    Domino (Marksman/Speed Fighter)
    Wolverine (Melee/Brawler/Tank)
    Deadpool (Wildcard)
    Gambit (Thief/Stealth/Demolitionist)
    Dr. Nemesis (Brains/Science Expert)
    Magik (Sorceress/Transportation)
    Frenzy (Team Muscle)

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I think I would give the team a new location with the Open Cover of them as the new gov ops or Freedom force team . This will keep the narrative from being why aren't they hanging out with the other Xmen. or Xmansion.

Main government liaison Val Cooper

Team Leader : Forge

Field Leader : Skids [double agent for Magneto]
    Big Guns/ team transport : Spiral
    Teams Wolverine : Shatterstar
    Teams {heart core} Rictor
    Teams : under cover agent Copycat
    Teams muscle :Strong Guy
    Teams baddie turning good/back from dead mystery : Tempo
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 11-04-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Cable and X-Force: Neverending War

By Si Spurrier, Garth Ennis, Fabian Nicieza, Gale Simone, Clayton Crain, David Finch, Gabrielle dellotto, and Nikola Scott

These 8 blokes will be locked in a room and make my weekly comic

We need an army

Cable
    Domino
    Boom Boom
    Daken
    X-23
    Bishop
    Psylocke
    Doop
    Magik
    Rockslide
    Anole
    Surge
    Hellion
    Sunfire
    GW Bridge
    Forge

It’s about war and violence, and how the kids get tested and the adults help them cope with their powers, what they do, and who they are. All while finding themselves in war zones with both human enemies and super powered foes and groups. A fast-paced weekly comic where things happen very fast, but we still get character moments, in 3-4 page chunks.

BANNED

Seems I post this one quite a bit:

Nick Fury (or whoever is doing Nick Fury things these days) approaches Laura Kinney with a problem: Kingmaker (Hellions miniseries) has resurfaced and is planning something. Because of the nature of his associates, regular channels are unable to touch him. There's just too many powerful and influential people involved, and any investigation runs the risk of being swept under the rug. Instead he needs someone with a lighter hand, someone who can investigate quietly and outside official channels. He needs X-23.

Laura accepts, but realizes she can't do the job alone. She reaches out to master thief Gambit, who agrees to lend his skills, while also advising her on assembling a team. They recruit Psylocke, her telepathy and ninja skills an invaluable resource for such a mission. She also seeks out Sharp (Wolverines) for his extensive experience with black ops. On their first mission, the team recovers intelligence on a part of Kingmaker's plan, but are unable to decipher it. Unwilling to take it to anyone that might put the X-Men or Avengers themselves at risk, they turn to Dr. Nemesis, who determines their intelligence is a list of Kingmaker's associates involved with the plot. Laura is unnerved to realize she recognizes two names on the list:

William and Elizabeth Keller

Despite Gambit's misgivings (and to Psylocke's amusement) Laura reaches out to Hellion, warning him that his parents are tied to the conspiracy, and asking for his help infiltrating Kingmaker's plot. Julian reluctantly agrees, and they plot to take advantage of Julian's disaffection with the X-Men and Avengers to approach Kingmaker under the guise of joining him to infiltrate a formal gala in hopes of uncovering more of his plot. Tension between the two ensues as Laura and Julian are forced to confront their shared past.

Laura's X-Force would be a black ops/counter-intelligence squad, whose mission is to investigate and deal with threats that others can't risk approaching.

Team:

Wolverine (Laura Kinney) - Team Leader
    Gambit - Master thief
    Psylocke - Psychic ninja
    Sharpe - Special operations
    Dr. Nemesis - Mad science and withering tongue
    Hellion - Reluctant teammate

One potential story thread could be Hellion teetering at the edge of a full Heel Turn because of the way the X-Men failed him and his friends, and explore that the judgement of his peers may very well push him down the dark path everyone feared he would take. It would be up to Laura to help him confront it all and find his way through.

Astonishing Member

I would like to see a Weapon Plus book made former Weapon Plus projects
    this includes Captain America (Weapon I), and the Stepford Cuckoos (Weapon XIV). Obviously Wolverine and Fantomex too.

I’d like to see a blend of old and new, with characters like Cable and Domino, plus Laura, maybe Shatterstar and a few more random characters thrown in for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Cable
    Hellion
    Rockslide
    Dust
    Surge
    Elixir
    Mercury

Give the New X-Men something to do.
    This.

I think I would add Quentin Quire and/or Kid Gladitaor...and Gentle, Anole, and Pixie.

Ultimate Member

Red Team Redemption (the all-ex-villain edition)

Emma Frost
    Vanisher
    Sabertooth
    Mystique
    Sebastian Shaw
    Mimic
    Rogue

The team doesn't have one 'Cable' on it to be the definitive leader, and so there's a bit of bickering between Rogue and Emma, over which one is the 'big boss'. Mystique sides with Rogue. Shaw sides with Emma, but not always. Sabertooth sides with Mystique, which means Rogue (whom he treats as if she's his little sister, which creeps Rogue the f out). Mimic and Vanisher do their best to stay out of this drama, and end up being unlikely friends, because of it.

Magneto, Gambit, Frenzy, Dark Beast, Evan / Genesis, etc. could also fit on this team, as 'ex-villains,' but I like the interplay for this group. (Magneto's 'too big for the room,' Evan isn't old enough to get dragged into something this dark, Dark Beast isn't even an 'ex' villain, etc.)

I would take Frenzy over Rogue, but the dynamic between Rogue and Emma just sounds too fun. Perhaps when Mystique (inevitably) betrays the team, Frenzy can replace her?

While everyone is waiting for the Mystique shoe to drop, the find out that the Vanisher has been up to shenanigans right in front of their faces, the whole time. But what sorts of shenanigans? Turns out he's been stealing stuff (first thought to be weapons, but later found to be food and clothing and medicine) and teleporting it to a band of Morlock survivors, and doesn't want the rest of mutantkind to know they even exist, because it seems that whenever Xavier's brood discovers the existence of a group of other mutants, they all end up Massacred within the year...

Gambit
    Marrow
    Shatterstar
    Fantomex
    Mystique
    Boom Boom

Something a little less dark and gruesome but still definitely not your mother's X-Men team. Shortsightedness and selfishness aplenty, this would be a good group to have a little fun, set off a few explosions, but ultimately not drown the X logo in the blood of innocents.