View Poll Results: Best animated X-Men

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marvel Superheroes (1966)

0 0%
  • Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (1983)

0 0%
  • Pryde Of The X-Men (1989)

2 4.88%
  • X-Men TAS (1992-1997 plus guest appearances)

24 58.54%
  • X-Men Evolution (2000-2003)

7 17.07%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men (2008)

8 19.51%
  • Superhero Squad (2008-2009)

0 0%
  • X-Men Anime (2011)

0 0%

Default Best aninamted representation of the X-Men

Hi over the last close to fifty years the X-Men have appeared in numerous animated shows as either the main stars or the guest characters. I just wanna know what many fans thought was the best. Here are the run down of ones that I know of and you can vote for them. (Wolverine solo appearances do not count so no Ultimate Spider-Man)

1. 1966- In the Marvel Superheroes animated series the original X-Men made an appearance in the Namor segment and they battled the Doctor Doom.

2. 1983- The X-Men's appearance in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. It was the first time that the All New All Different X-Men made their televised appearance.

3. 1989- Pryde of the X-Men was an animated pilot that sadly was not picked up into a series. It was beautifully drawn although Wolverine was given an Australian accent.

4. 1992-1998- Probably the most famous animated X-Men was from TAS that ran for five years and included a couple of appearances in other Marvel animated series at the time.

5. 2000-2003 The animated series X-Men Evolution showed the X-Men as mainly teenagers although a few of them did remain as full grown adults.

6. 2008- Wolverine and the X-Men was a series that was mainly based around Wolverine which was cancelled before its time.

7. 2008-2009 - The more childish Superhero Squad did feature the X-Men in a few episodes and had Wolverine in practically all of them.

8. 2011- The X-Men Anime did feature a line up similar to Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men taking out Shadowcat and Colossus and replacing them with Storm.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Best representation? The 1992-1998 X-Men: The Animated series. The animation, designs and voice acting were all awful but it did what it could to adapt the material as best as it could. Only watchable with some very thick rose tinted glasses.

I'd definitely say WATXM, Evolution and the Anime were all significantly better. But if we're talking "representation" of the comics X-Men in a new medium it goes to TAS.

If Pryde of the X-Men had a full season (or a second episode) - that would be my answer. Evolution was awesome but best presentation may be the non-Wolverine solo episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men. I could watch that cartoon all the time. Wish it got the second season that was hinted.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

1. X-Men TAS
    1.5 - X-Men Evolution
    2. - Pryde of the X-Men
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I remember watching TAS back in the 90's and it was what started making me a fan of the X-Men but it was really Evolution that totally drew me in. But WATXM was an all round great series that even got an honourable mention in watchmojo.com's Top 10 animated series that got cancelled.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I voted TAS but if the Anime had better writing it would have dominated this list. Those little montage/splash scenes during the credits were amazing and always had me wishing the main storyline involved them.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider