Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I get nervous everytime I see Krypton show up in a Superman comic

Every time I see a flashback to "life on Krypton" in a Superman book, it gives me anxiety. Here we go with a new look for Krypton, or a new look for the Kryptonians, or a new "never before seen" insight into what really happened before the planet exploded.

The problem is that it rarely lines up with the visions of Krypton that we've been shown even in the last 5 years at DC.

I know this is just how it goes, we'll always be shown flashbacks to the old Krypton days, I guess I just wish they would avoid the "this changes everything you thought you knew about Krypton!" ploy.

that make sense?

BANNED

You're going to just love "Booster Shot" then...

Incredible Member

Hmm... you see, turns out, there were Speedsters in Krypton's past.

So there's this guy. In the past. Let's call him Ber-Eln, from house Eln. He keeps travelling back in time, further into the past. He changes the future when he does that.
    But it turns out, he's stuck on a time-loop. So this Ber-Eln, he keeps time-travelling back to the past, changing the past, then creating a new timeline, then he changes the past again...

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Hmm... you see, turns out, there were Speedsters in Krypton's past.

So there's this guy. In the past. Let's call him Ber-Eln, from house Eln. He keeps travelling back in time, further into the past. He changes the future when he does that.
    But it turns out, he's stuck on a time-loop. So this Ber-Eln, he keeps time-travelling back to the past, changing the past, then creating a new timeline, then he changes the past again...
    Stop yourself.

Yeah, Krypton's inconsistency bothers me too.

I don't believe there's a Krypton "style guide" of any kind, but maybe there should be?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."