Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Jean Grey #8: The White Queen Issue Spoilers and Discussion

We open up with Jean wondering around Emma’s head. They are back in Morrison’s New XMEN, and Jean must try to avoid being seen until they get what they came there for. Jean bumps into the 5 in 1, Beast, and Xorn before Wolverine arrives on a flaming chunk of something.

As Jean continues to wonder around undetected, Quentin is starting his own riot and attacks Jean. Ghost Jean tells her that Emma is a force to be reckoned with even subconsciously. Quentin’s anarchist squad then attacks Jean including her old crush Glob Herman. Wolverine then shows up to save Jean but is alerted by Quentin’s squad that she’s not the real Jean. Wolverine turns on her too, so Jean uses Glob’ body to throw at Logan and get rid of her crushes.

Jean runs away and is determined to find the White Queen. The Cuckoos tell her where she is but then Xorn senses something wrong, and turns on Jean too using Magneto’s powers. Only people not to turn on her are Angel and Beak Boy for some reason. They help her escape before a giant mutated spider sentinel attacks them, but Jean focuses on finding Emma and ignores all the chaos around her.

Jean finally walks in on Emma and Scott during their famous Phoenix scene. Scott is surprised but Emma quickly realizes it’s not their Jean but an intruder. So Cyclops shoots at her and they fight before Jean takes him out mentally. Emma and Jean then start arguing while Ghost Jean tries to get her to focus. Soon, she does, and it’s revealed why they came into Emma’s mind. She hid a part of the Phoenix force in Cyclop’s heart. Ghost Jean encourages teen Jean to take the Phoenix piece back and she does. Emma tries to stop her but it’s too late. That piece of the Phoenix then enters Jean’s body.

Maybe Emma might be normal now that, that fragment is gone. Who knows. So no new info on ghost Jean.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Maybe Emma might be normal now that, that fragment is gone. Who knows. So no new info on ghost Jean.
    No. Just that she was focused on finding the Phoenix fragment Emma had.

Astonishing Member

Perhaps the Phoenix needed to get back all its pieces before returning, which is what should happen in next year's Jean Grey event, and there was a tiny piece stuck inside Emma, probably since Avengers vs XMen Phoenix 5. Perhaps Emma's secret is she knew she had a tiny piece of the Phoenix and had not told anybody.

I've been anxiously waiting for this issue for weeks. It feels like it took forever to come out after the cliffhanger at the end of Jean Grey #7. I can say now that the wait was worth it, but the cliffhanger at the end means we're still doomed to more waiting. The irony.

It was still a great issue, though, one that captured all the elements from Grant Morrison's run in a simple, concise package. I love how meta it got at time, having O5 Jean comment on the strange costumes and quirks of that era. Looking back on it, I think she was pretty spot on. It was a strange time, but it was the end that really gave this issue impact. I think it was quite fitting, having Emma keep a shard of the Phoenix within Cyclops. So much of Jean and Emma's rivalry is built around their feelings for Cyclops. I think this really played up that drama, although not as much as it could've. The ending still set the stage for more drama and it looks like it'll only get more intense from here.

Now, it's back to waiting. It's going to be a LONG month to say the least.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

I didnt get the leather daddy comment. The Morrison uniforms were the closest thing the x-men had to something normal people could and would wear.

Emma's secret is that she had Ruby, if only xD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So the Phoenix Force made Emma do it and Jeen now has access to the Phoenix Force? Got it!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-25-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Perhaps the Phoenix needed to get back all its pieces before returning, which is what should happen in next year's Jean Grey event, and there was a tiny piece stuck inside Emma, probably since Avengers vs XMen Phoenix 5.
    The setting of the book is the New X-Men era. So Emma may have a piece of the PF Inside her since Jean reassamble her shattered body during Morrison's run...

i dont get it.
    Why Emma needed a piece of PF? What does it give her?
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

I wonder if Emma will take a power hit after that. I mean, if she had a piece of the PF during all this time...

So why were Emma's powers broken after AvX if the Phoenix never really left her?

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    i dont get it.
    Why Emma needed a piece of PF? What does it give her?
    I soo much want to give an answer to that... but not to hurt some peolpe feeling, I will settle for another one: If Emma has it since Morrison's run then maybe that how Jean fixed her body and bring her back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So why were Emma's powers broken after AvX if the Phoenix never really left her?
    As it was explained in UXM and by Bendis, the P5 powers were altered and they just needed time to retrain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I wonder if Emma will take a power hit after that. I mean, if she had a piece of the PF during all this time...
    She had it locked up and hidden in her memories of Cyclops though.