Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yeah, right. So either "1" = infinity. Or "1" is not a fraction of infinity.
    The guy who had a sword with a piece of the PF in it didn't had infinit powers.

No, it a tautology

Again, it may just be some of its power. Not a part of it's "mind". The PF power, like the Force, is in all the life of the universe
    By it's own mythology as cited in Endsong, a fragment of infinity is still infinity. And the guy with the sword you are using as an example. His fragment also went to Hope. But Emma's wasn't?

And even after AvX, stark, beast, Wanda all had ways to sense the Phoenix Force and stated it wasn't anywhere near them but it was in Emma. And Emma made it stay in her mind?
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-25-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    By it's own mythology as cited in Endsong, a fragment of infinity is still infinity.
    That's taken totaly out of context and it's not something that's mean to be a generality that apply to everything.
    There was plenty of example of characters getting to use a small part of the PF power without having access to infinite power.

And the guy with the sword you are using as an example. His fragment also went to Hope. But Emma's wasn't?
    Why not? Wasn't the fragment in the sword a part of the PF consciousness? Who is saying that Emma kept a part of the PF consciousness in herself? It may just be some of the PF power and, as I already said, the PF power is present in all the universe's life anyway.

And even after AvX, stark, beast, Wanda all had ways to sense the Phoenix Force and stated it wasn't anywhere near them but it was in Emma. And Emma made it stay in her mind?
    Again, they were speaking of the cosmic entity. Not just about the PF power as it's in every living things. No PF power = no life.

That's taken totaly out of context and it's not something that's mean to be a generality that apply to everything.
    There was plenty of example of characters getting to use a small part of the PF power without having access to infinite power.

Why not? Wasn't the fragment in the sword a part of the PF consciousness? Who is saying that Emma kept a part of the PF consciousness in herself? It may just be some of the PF power and, as I already said, the PF power is present in all the universe's life anyway.

Again, they were speaking of the cosmic entity. Not just about the PF power as it's in every living things. No PF power = no life.
    That doesn't even make sense. "The fragment in the sword is the phoenix consciousness so it makes sense that it left Korvus?"

"It may not be the Phoenix consciousness just the Phoenix power by itself. "

"Every living being has Phoenix power cause that's life energy. "

So why pick Emma if it's just life energy everyone has life energy. What are you even saying?

If solicits are anything to go by hopefully this situation is all a trap and the Ghost is just there to trick Jeen.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I really enjoyed the issue. It was fun and I love the interaction between Teen Jean and Adult Jean. Loved seeing Beak, Angel, Glob Herman, etc.

We don't know when Emma acquired this Phoenix fragment. It could have been when Jean put her back together, Endsong/Warsong, Sisterhood, Phoenix Five, Cyclops during Secret War, etc or sometime recently. I think she just happened to have hidden the Phoenix fragment in the memory of Scott from the New X-Men era. Probably because she loves Scott and that is when she fell in love with him.

About the fraction of infinity thing...

In mathematics there is an infinite hierarchy of infinite infinities. For example, the set of rational numbers is infinite. But it is a subset of the real numbers which is also infinite, but a greater infinity than the set of rational numbers.

So a fraction of infinity can still be an infinity. Infinity is not a specific number, but a concept.

And the book is following continuity, because Endsong ended with Jean leaving to collect fragments of the Phoenix. Here, Jean is finally doing just that!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I didnt get the leather daddy comment. The Morrison uniforms were the closest thing the x-men had to something normal people could and would wear.
    If I was part of the X-men I would raid the mansion till I found a pair and wear it every mission.

Also was it Jeen who said this? Her costumes are worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I really enjoyed the issue. It was fun and I love the interaction between Teen Jean and Adult Jean. Loved seeing Beak, Angel, Glob Herman, etc.

We don't know when Emma acquired this Phoenix fragment. It could have been when Jean put her back together, Endsong/Warsong, Sisterhood, Phoenix Five, Cyclops during Secret War, etc or sometime recently. I think she just happened to have hidden the Phoenix fragment in the memory of Scott from the New X-Men era. Probably because she loves Scott and that is when she fell in love with him.

In mathematics there is an infinite hierarchy of infinite infinities. For example, the set of rational numbers is infinite. But it is a subset of the real numbers which is also infinite, but a greater infinity than the set of rational numbers.

So a fraction of infinity can still be an infinity. Infinity is not a specific number, but a concept.

And the book is following continuity, because Endsong ended with Jean leaving to collect fragments of the Phoenix. Here, Jean is finally doing just that!
    The Phoenix was already made whole by Hope. It fought both Thor's and Thane and Kid Omega took some pieces. And now Thane got his exorcised by the sisters of eternity

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Except she already did that when she collected all the fragments to restart mutants via Hope. So unless this is remnant from AvX (which didn't Scott choke all the PF from Emma) or some random fragment from the end of Wanda and Hope's banishment, this doesn't make sense or follow previous continuity surrounding Endsong, Second Coming/Messiah Complex, and AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Except she already did that when she collected all the fragments to restart mutants via Hope. So unless this is remnant from AvX (which didn't Scott choke all the PF from Emma) or some random fragment from the end of Wanda and Hope's banishment, this doesn't make sense or follow previous continuity surrounding Endsong, Second Coming/Messiah Complex, and AvX.
    It's so left field and I don't believe even the X-office would be this careless with such recent continuity that I don't believe this is a fragment but a red herring. That ghost tried to kill Jeen in the Psylocke issue. It's anything but benevolent

The Phoenix was already made whole by Hope. It fought both Thor's and Thane and Kid Omega took some pieces. And now Thane got his exorcised by the sisters of eternity
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But, wasn't it dispersed again after Wanda and Hope did their wammy?

But, wasn't it dispersed again after Wanda and Hope did their wammy?
    It was just ignored and became whole again. We see in Thanos and Thor next. As it was summoned by the Sh'iar God's making love

That doesn't even make sense. "The fragment in the sword is the phoenix consciousness so it makes sense that it left Korvus?"
    They were gathering the cosmic entity so, yes, it makes sense. Isn't it in Endsong that they said the PF's mind was fragmented and that Jean was collecting them to be whole again? They weren't speaking of the PF energy/power but of the PF's mind.

"It may not be the Phoenix consciousness just the Phoenix power by itself. "

"Every living being has Phoenix power cause that's life energy. "

So why pick Emma if it's just life energy everyone has life energy. What are you even saying?
    She has a big(er) chunk of the PF energy than living things usualy have. It could be left-over from when she had a piece of the PF itself inside her during AvX. It may be a part of the energy/power that Jean used to bring her back to life in Morrison's run. It may be from Warsong. I don't really see what's the problem. It's certainly much less far-fetched than all the crap they did with the PF since Morrison.

That ghost tried to kill Jeen in the Psylocke issue. It's anything but benevolent
    o.O really? I must not have read the same issue.

They were gathering the cosmic entity so, yes, it makes sense. Isn't it in Endsong that they said the PF's mind was fragmented and that Jean was collecting them to be whole again? They weren't speaking of the PF energy/power but of the PF's mind.
    Wait did you not just say the Phoenix conciousness was in Korvus sword? And that sliver went to Hope. So if the Phoenixs mind was in Emma why did that not go to Hope?

She has a big(er) chunk of the PF energy than living things usualy have. It could be left-over from when she had a piece of the PF itself inside her during AvX. It may be a part of the energy/power that Jean used to bring her back to life in Morrison's run. It may be from Warsong. I don't really see what's the problem. It's certainly much less far-fetched than all the crap they did with the PF since Morrison.
    It really doesn't. Like the Phoenix has never existed in that state. And I don't believe they'd put something so utterly convoluted in a 20 page story.

But wasn't the Phoenix in Thor and Thanos, different fragments? Thanos got his from a Phoenix Egg, just like Scott did in Secret Wars. It may be fragmented again.

But wasn't the Phoenix in Thor and Thanos, different fragments? Thanos got his from a Phoenix Egg, just like Scott did in Secret Wars. It may be fragmented again.
    The one in Thor wasn't a fragment