Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I don't know what Jean Ghost is exactly. But I can't think of anything more convoluted than bringing in Cassandra Nova, the Void and all those old stories in the last chapter of a book around Jeen and the Phoenix. A book leading to the return of Jean Grey. And especialy as, based on the solicits, the plot with Ghost Jean is going be resolved in the last issue, with the Phoenix one.

The sollicits never spoke of mindscape (it could be but it wasn't mentioned) and it didn't said anything about Ghost Jean being the cause. It only said "all this plus what was up with that ghost Jean Grey".

So yeah, ghost Jean is probably not Jean Grey directly out of the WHR. But an enemy from a years old story that most readers will never have heard about? Doubtful.

In a previous post, you said that ghost Jean tried to get Jeen killed in the issue with Psylocke. She only gave her the same advice that many readers posted: use your powers instead of messing around. Jeen is way more proficient at TK/TP than at sneaking silentely in ventilation ducts. We also saw that Ghost Jean was perfectly able to to possess Jeen so if she wanted to get her killed, there was easier way then trying to distract her by chatting.
    A villain directly linked to Morrisons X-Men Xorn popped up in this. An evil spirit doctor strange stated. No Cassandra Nova told Jeen to take the easy route and use her powers defeating the point of Pstkockes lesson. That is the advice of a villain and something the real Jean Grey would never say. Keep in mind the issue with Psylocke was before Jeen could see her. After the Strange issue she could be seen by Emma and Jeen. Also it's obvious that she wants to become flesh again. With that in mind she's not going to kill Jean Grey but use her.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-25-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Yeah...it's pretty much confirmed Ghost Jean isn't real Jean. Like Exodus put it, this is most likely a plot by Cassandra Nova who disguised herself as Adult Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A villain directly linked to Morrisons X-Men Xorn popped up in this.
    Lot of characters poped in that issue. They aren't the main plot of a whole story arc and you don't need to have read New X-Men to understand what is going on.

An evil spirit doctor strange stated.
    Where did he said that? He called her a "chatty spirit". Not exactly the same. He also said "I believe your spirit is Jean Grey. Adult Jean Grey"

No Cassandra Nova told Jeen to take the easy route and use her powers defeating the point of Pstkockes lesson.
    Which was what exactly?

That is the advice of a villain and something the real Jean Grey would never say.
    Yeah, she would never says that she shouldn't be afraid to use her powers? That was kinda the theme of several previous stories.

After the Strange issue she could be seen by Emma and Jeen. Also it's obvious that she wants to become flesh again. With that in mind she's not going to kill Jean Grey but use her.
    Ghost Jean can be see by Emma? She didn't even had the time to see her even if she could. All she saw was Jeen.
    Maybe she want to become flesh or maybe not. If she just wanted a body, she already showed that she can get one.

Kinda makes sense that Cassandra Nova might be her all along.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I loved this. Mostly because I'll enjoy any visit to the Morrison Era but also because I'm a sucker for some nice telepathic symbolism. Emma hiding a Phoenix Fragment within her memory of the Scott and the time she first fell in love with him. I love stuff like that.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Extraordinary Member

I don't know...the fact that ghost Jean had to go through security and immigration before being allowed in the Monster city-plus the fact that the ghost guy even responds to her-says that she's not entirely in Jean's dead. And if she was Cassandra Nova, wouldn't that probably ruin her disguise?

I do not see any evidence yet that Ghost Jean is not our Jean Grey. I am not sure how some of you are coming up with your theories. We all know this story is going to dove tail with Phoenix Resurrection. I'm not saying there will not be a twist, but I don't think the void is going to used and I doubt Cassandra will be used (we have already read Cassandra go after the Phoenix in two different alternate reality stories - X-men the End and X-men '92).

At any rate, I enjoyed the book and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I do not see any evidence yet that Ghost Jean is not our Jean Grey. I am not sure how some of you are coming up with your theories. We all know this story is going to dove tail with Phoenix Resurrection. I'm not saying there will not be a twist, but I don't think the void is going to used and I doubt Cassandra will be used (we have already read Cassandra go after the Phoenix in two different alternate reality stories - X-men the End and X-men '92).

At any rate, I enjoyed the book and I can't wait to see what happens next!
    I guess I'm just not quite sure how Jean used to act. She was before I started reading comics and when I actually researched things, it feels like we have a sort of rose-colored view of her character. Jean could certainly be a bit cruel and ruthless when the time came for it.

And as I said, if she was a dangerous entity, wouldn't the immigration department have figured it out? Isn't that sort of their job?

Interesting that the story with Thanos and Phoenix has ended right now and at least we are sure that QQ has another fragment with him.

Jean's reaction on Xorn to be Magneto was hilarious and equal to many fans complicated times certainly .

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So, um, can I point something out that's been bugging me?

Jean never went to Hong Kong. Scott and Emma did. This is meant during her "World tour" I guess.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 10-25-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

Jean never went to Hong Kong. Scott and Emma did. This is meant during her "World tour" I guess.
    Nope, she says in New X-Men #135 she's in Hong Kong and that she'll return ASAP. When she returns, she has her confrontation with Scott and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Nope, she says in New X-Men #135 she's in Hong Kong and that she'll return ASAP. When she returns, she has her confrontation with Scott and Emma.
    Oh! If it's just a quote that must be why I didn't realize. Thanks.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

it were scott and emma ones who went to hong kong and also did nothing dirty there ( my god i hate posting about morrison run, it makes me feel bad)

1505605424125.jpg0001505605491181.jpg

First of all, still in love with the art.

Second, I'm starting to agree with some of the users comments from last issue's thread (and this one of course), that this maybe isn't Jean but the Phoenix Force itself or something. By the end of the issue, when Jeen released the Phoenix fragment, Emma seemed worried about it in a sense that it may end up being a "told you so" moment next issue.

That being said I like this.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 10-25-2017 at 07:30 PM.

I like the idea that this is Cassandra Nova actually. Um, yes please.

Give Jean an archnemesis that isn't Emma Frost or the Phoenix Force.