Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What writers would you like to see take over after Robinson?

Id like to see Brubaker write Wonder Woman but I doubt thatd ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Id like to see Brubaker write Wonder Woman but I doubt thatd ever happen
    Brubaker's not gonna write for the big 2 unless they really go out of their way to mend those bridges.

I personally want to see ONE writer on Wonder Woman for a long time. I'm tired of the rotating creators syndrome. I'd like it to be someone who's approach I like, but consistency in general is what I think is needed in the same way that Snyder was on Batman for a lloooonnng time or now Jurgens on the Superman titles or Johns on Green Lantern, etc.

Would love to see Greg Pak get a shot with her now that he's back. He did well with her when he got to write her during her Action guest appearances during the New 52. That said I'm in no hurry for Robinson to leave. Hope this tale lasts a while.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Gail Simone again. For a 100 issue run. PLEASE.

I don't mind the old writers. I do want to see Perez back on but with how DC treated him, not right now. Would wonder how outside of Dc(unless I didn't know that there were) people like Brian K. Vaughan or Marjorie Liu

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Peter David.

Perez & Jimenez are toooooooo loooooooong Wiiiiiiinded for my taste. Peter David can deliver the dialogue and relationship building of Rucka, with brutal action, epic adventures, and deep development, in a effort that will actually take the character somewhere.
    Wonderfully Superb

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Phil Jimenez is my #1 choice. I also think Steve Orlando, Tim Seeley, Geoff Johns, or Rene De Liz would do a fantastic job on this title.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Tim Seeley.

Extraordinary Member

Marguerite Bennett, or failing that, a female or LGBT writer would be best

BANNED

Limiting it to just people that have already done work in comics.

Natasha Alterici
    Mariko Tamaki
    Magdalene Visaggio
    Genevieve Valentine
    Kelly Sue DeConnick
    Kelly Thompson
    Delilah Dawson
    Noelle Stevenson
    Becky Cloonan
    Marjorie Liu
    Mary Talbot
    Laurie Penny

Some like Thompson, Tamaki, Liu, DeConnick, Valentine have shown themselves to be capable writers within the superhero genre so at the very least their runs would be decent and competently written (considering their talent though, it'll be quite a bit better than that), while with others such as Penny, Alterici, Talbot, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the character. At the very least they would bring some great ideas to the stories they tell.

And the above poster mentioned Marguerite Bennett, who also needs to have a run on the character. If I recall right, she was supposed to be the new Wonder Woman writer for Rebirth, before DC decided to go with Rucka.

I don't know, but I'd take anyone who restores the created from clay origin.

That wouldn't be something any writer could do at this point. That would be something that would have to come from up top.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Peter David might be an inspired choice. At least then I'm sure we'd see Cassie again, back to her normal self.

Kelly Sue DeConnick might work out quite well.

Colleen Doran, perhaps.

I think Greg Pak or Jeff Parker would do a fine job. IMO Pak's Action run was easily the best Superman run of the N52 era. On Aquaman Parker took the ball from Johns and ran with it. Or finally give Marguarite Bennett a shot, her Bombshells book seems to be well-regarded.

Outside of those or Geoff Johns, I would say snag an A-List bat-writer such as Snyder, King, Seely or Tynion IV.

Now that DC has Bendis as an exclusive we could have Diana with Bendis dialogue or a scene between her and Steve reminiscent of the infamous Luke Cage/Jessica Jones scene. Wouldn't that be awesome?

(sarcasm and snark heavily invoked in above statement)