Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It was a missed opportunity not to have Dr. October included. She's both trans and a bioweapons expert, so she'd be able to give valuable insight to the disease on multiple fronts, whether she were infected or not. I guess it's still possible she could be in #17, but that'll probably be too little, too late.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite too, but kind of a dick move to point that out when he was lucky she brought him any ice cream lol.

BANNED

I actually like the whole thematic of the story. It`s directly poignant and the art is suberb.

I just wish it was a little more subtext since I find parts veering on heavy handed but that`s a minor complain.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

My biggest problem with the book currently is the art. it is completely not to my liking in that I find it more simplistic with every issue.

Only part I kinda went huh on was when Harley said she wasn't a Doctor. Um, Harley, yeah you are, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Only part I kinda went huh on was when Harley said she wasn't a Doctor. Um, Harley, yeah you are, LOL!
    Well... she is also Harley...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It was a missed opportunity not to have Dr. October included. She's both trans and a bioweapons expert, so she'd be able to give valuable insight to the disease on multiple fronts, whether she were infected or not. I guess it's still possible she could be in #17, but that'll probably be too little, too late.
    I could care less about Dr. October. Where's Julia Pennyworth? Or Leslie Thompkins? And why haven't they called up Jessica Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I could care less about Dr. October. Where's Julia Pennyworth? Or Leslie Thompkins? And why haven't they called up Jessica Cruz?
    I'm sorry I'm behind on some stories but why would they call Jessica Cruz?

Also, are you asking about Julia because her dad is sick? Would he had called her and would she get there in time?

Good point about Leslie.

BANNED

I'm sorry I'm behind on some stories but why would they call Jessica Cruz?

Also, are you asking about Julia because her dad is sick? Would he had called her and would she get there in time?

Good point about Leslie.
    Jessica works with both Batman and Wonder Woman on the Justice League, can be there very quickly, and had an adventure with Bats not too long ago in her book. She's also just cool and should be used whenever she can.

Well yeah Julia does care about her father, is a very competent agent, and she also works with Batwoman, who is here in Gotham.

Julia's probably tooling around on the Sequoia somewhere.
    Seriously though, she might not even be aware that it's going on, and/or too far away.

Thompkins is at least some type of doctor, so while she wouldn't be able to assist with the disease like October could, she'd be a benefit, too.

Jessica is just off in space somewhere, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Jessica works with both Batman and Wonder Woman on the Justice League, can be there very quickly, and had an adventure with Bats not too long ago in her book. She's also just cool and should be used whenever she can.

Well yeah Julia does care about her father, is a very competent agent, and she also works with Batwoman, who is here in Gotham.
    Yeah on another site I visit, there were people asking about a few different women that could had been there. I think she did come up on the list. Her, Kara and Power Girl.

I thought about Zatanna myself but I guess you can't always use everybody.

I thought about Zatanna myself but I guess you can't always use everybody.
    "Laeh eht nem."

Boom, one panel.

LOL, pretty much.

I mean, it was cool seeing that many ladies all there together. Would love to see that in a Wonder Woman or Justice League title.

Maybe a WW event with various one-shots with the women?

Always Rakzo

Boy, this might be one of the most heavyhanded things I've read this week. I mean, is a breath of fresh air in some way since these days you usually see "menimists" and misogynists being the ones who take the place of terrorists and hateful people in the most blunt way possible so seeing the opposite happening here is surprising and even a bit daring.

ON THE OTHER HAND, portraying extreme radical feminists/misandrists can be executed just as badly since it suffers from the exact same problems which are not helped by constantly repeating phrases like "there are good men" because well, duh.

Antonio's artwork was solid although his expressions can be exaggerated. God, what a mixed bag.

Yeah this really was not the time to play the "evil misandrist villain" card DC. Especially since last time you did this we got Amazons Attack
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-09-2017 at 07:57 PM.