Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

X-Patient being Legion actually makes a lot more sense. I keep forgetting he has a book coming. Probably because I'm indifferent to it.

X-Couples probably does mean Rogue & Gambit in particular, given they're getting their own series, but could also quite easily refer to Kitty/Piotr, Jean/Logan, Jeen/Jimmy or Jeen/Tyke. Can't say I'm particularly fond of any of the latter options, but the number of romances and potential romances across the X-line are numerous.

I suppose X-Weapon X could refer to Logans return. I suppose he'll inevitably get his own title again. How this will impact Old Man Logan and his various books remains to be seen. I was kinda hoping it meant Marrow or someone joining the current Weapon X book, but probably not now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Based on Marvel's attitude toward her, I expect that Polaris either won't be in any of these books, or she'll be on an X-couple one with Havok as the primary protagonist. That's how Marvel sees her: either a nobody or only relevant as a supporting character for the men in her life.
    I wouldn't say that. Though somewhat minimal, Polaris did just feature over in X-Men Blue, kicking some ass + Havok wasn't involved at all. There's even a meta comment from Mojo mentioning bringing Polaris back from obscurity. Besides, with Lorna being one of the most popular characters on The Gifted, I'd expect Marvel to give her a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    X-Men Black could just refer to the upcoming Blue/Venom crossover.
    Ugh, I hope not. That'd make sense, but I honestly don't care about this story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Let's be real, they'll probably be something like
    Couples: Kitty/Piotr and Rachel/Kurt double wedding
    Students: 10 brand-new kid characters
    Neither of these would actually surprise me. I really don't want the former to happen, but Guggenheim is still writing. As for the latter, it happens every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Though somewhat minimal, Polaris did just feature over in X-Men Blue, kicking some ass + Havok wasn't involved at all. There's even a meta comment from Mojo mentioning bringing Polaris back from obscurity. Besides, with Lorna being one of the most popular characters on The Gifted, I'd expect Marvel to give her a push.
    The most popular with the masses according to market research yes.

If they do something with her post Blue it should be fighting for Mutants again in some way. The Gifted is using what worked to make the character popular 14-15 years ago, but since Decimation let’s just say many of the things that once made her popular like her attitude and edge has been missing. Her relationship with Havok is a dead end I don’t want to see resurrected, but she also needs something to fight for and so far that is still lacking.

An X-Force like title or some kind of team focused on dealing with threats to Mutants would is what I think she needs in the comics.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-25-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Oh, man...If X-men: Black is a new X-Force book (or X-Force style team) headlined by Cable, and Weapon X is the return of real Logan and his solo, I will jump for joy!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    X-Men Black: Probably a Black OPS team.

X-Couples: Rogue and Gambit is a likely given since they will have their own mini together. I'm thinking Logan and Jean, because I can see them going there. We also have Kitty and Colossus, Kurt and Rachel. Either way, this will get folks in a tizzy.

X-Students: A book focusing on the students. Yes please.

X-Patient: Legion? I'm not sure about that one.

X-Weapon X: Something with Logan and maybe Laura.
    Agreed with all of this, which'll be what I go with until we see a bit more. Aside from weapon x, it all sounds interesting.

And the couples book will definitely spar controversy. lol Pairings ALWAYS do.

Her use on Blue (and really anything that's only Bunn) can be summed up as "Polaris is a good supporting plot device for the stories of Magneto and Havok, two Very Important Men." There's no understanding of Lorna having value and stories to tell in her own right. Havok was involved in X-Men Blue #8 and #9, and was given a big platform on it, while the entirety of Lorna's interaction with him was all about how he's her ex and Magneto's her dad.

I think if Marvel were of a mind to give her any kind of real push, they would've announced something by now. They have Blink as a core team member on the Cable book, after all. I could say more, but I think I've said a lot today already, so I'll leave it at this.

Thanks for trying to suggest something positive though. I do appreciate the attempt, even though I know it won't happen because I know how Marvel sees her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

X-Patient being Legion actually makes a lot more sense. I keep forgetting he has a book coming. Probably because I'm indifferent to it.

X-Couples probably does mean Rogue & Gambit in particular, given they're getting their own series, but could also quite easily refer to Kitty/Piotr, Jean/Logan, Jeen/Jimmy or Jeen/Tyke. Can't say I'm particularly fond of any of the latter options, but the number of romances and potential romances across the X-line are numerous.

I suppose X-Weapon X could refer to Logans return. I suppose he'll inevitably get his own title again. How this will impact Old Man Logan and his various books remains to be seen. I was kinda hoping it meant Marrow or someone joining the current Weapon X book, but probably not now that I think about it.

Ugh, I hope not. That'd make sense, but I honestly don't care about this story at all.

Neither of these would actually surprise me. I really don't want the former to happen, but Guggenheim is still writing. As for the latter, it happens every few years.
    It wouldn't though.

If we're going by his last canon appearance he was past that stage of his life. He can be a part of X-Couples with his girlfriend. . .

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It wouldn't though.

If we're going by his last canon appearance he was past that stage of his life. He can be a part of X-Couples with his girlfriend. . .
    This is Marvel, though. Marvel doesn't care about what makes sense, only playing with their nostalgia and ignoring anything that gets in the way. See also One More Day.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

X-Couples is probably the Rogue and Gambit mini, since Panniccia must've written this before that mini was officially announced.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

This is Marvel, though. Marvel doesn't care about what makes sense, only playing with their nostalgia and ignoring anything that gets in the way. See also One More Day.
    Gotta agree with this. lol For some stuff, marvel will sacrifice development or development-potential just to stick with the same old stuff that we've seen 1000 times.

BANNED

Her use on Blue (and really anything that's only Bunn) can be summed up as "Polaris is a good supporting plot device for the stories of Magneto and Havok, two Very Important Men." There's no understanding of Lorna having value and stories to tell in her own right. Havok was involved in X-Men Blue #8 and #9, and was given a big platform on it, while the entirety of Lorna's interaction with him was all about how he's her ex and Magneto's her dad.

I think if Marvel were of a mind to give her any kind of real push, they would've announced something by now. They have Blink as a core team member on the Cable book, after all. I could say more, but I think I've said a lot today already, so I'll leave it at this.

Thanks for trying to suggest something positive though. I do appreciate the attempt, even though I know it won't happen because I know how Marvel sees her.
    I get where you're coming from, but did you actually read the latest issue? I don't get this vibe from it.

Ultimate Member

Well jmc, not everyone believes that a relationship with Alex is a dead end for Lorna like you keep repeating...though I am not holding my breath about anything happening of any importance between Alex and Lorna in either Blue or Gold as Bunn seems to hate him and relishes in dragging the character through the mud and you and others are cheering him on every step of the way...

X-Couples: Warren/Betsy, Alex/Lorna, Sam/Tabitha...I'll go now...

I get where you're coming from, but did you actually read the latest issue? I don't get this vibe from it.
    I stopped reading it a few issues ago when it became clear things weren't going to change and I was forcing myself to read it for no good reason. I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest the latest issue is any different. She says and does a few things that look innocuous but when you look deeper a) don't acknowledge anything about her own character history and b) either don't mean much (e.g. pure exposition) or exist only to boost Magneto.

The costume use means nothing here since visual callbacks are a dime a dozen and have zero value if new readers aren't let in on them. Leaving it at the costume works for character like Jean Grey who've had the high points of their history repeated and displayed ad nauseum for eternity. Lorna's a character most people had no idea even existed, and who never has her character history explored in the comics. People who aren't hardcore fans won't know the costume has any significance or even existed before that issue unless they're told in some way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    X-Couples: Warren/Betsy, Alex/Lorna, Sam/Tabitha...I'll go now...
    Out of those three I'd expect only perhaps Warren/Betsy to happen as Bunn seems to hate Alex and want to keep Lorna around to make Magneto look cooler and Sam and Tabitha have mostly been forgotten about in the X-verse...by the writers not the fans...

We knew Lorna's history in the comics, her parents died in the airplane crash and so she was raised by the Dane's and became the Lorna that we know today...she wasn't Magneto's daughter until Austen's run...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Out of those three I'd expect only perhaps Warren/Betsy to happen as Bunn seems to hate Alex and want to keep Lorna around to make Magneto look cooler and Sam and Tabitha have mostly been forgotten about in the X-verse...by the writers not the fans...

We knew Lorna's history in the comics, her parents died in the airplane crash and so she was raised by the Dane's and became the Lorna that we know today...she wasn't Magneto's daughter until Austen's run...
    Isn't that basically Cyclops's origin, except that he was never adopted?