Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I wish X-Men:Black would have a team of just black X-Men
    -Bishop
    -Frenzy
    -Sunspot
    -Manifold
    -Prodigy (makes his triumphant return to the X-Men)
    -Oya
    -Triage
    -Bling!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    -Bishop
    -Frenzy
    -Sunspot
    -Manifold
    -Oya
    -Triage
    -Bling!
    I'd Read it I wonder if many of the people here would
    GrindrStone(D)

I'd Read it I wonder if many of the people here would
    Yes! Throw in Lightbright too!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    X-Men BLACK is probably referring to the Venom crossover I wish it was a new X-force, but "level V" seems to imply Venom.
    I think this is all stuff we already know about.

X-couples is probably Rogue & Gambit (plus all the terrible Guggenheim couples)
    X-Students level M is about Gen X fighting Monet for real.
    X-Patient is Legion
    X Weapon X is 616 Logan.

All stuff we already know about I hope there are some new and exciting things in there, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    These all sound like fairly reasonable predictions. A lot of it has already been announced recently. Since NYCC is passed and Marvel typical doesn't make big announcements during the holidays, I think we won't get any more major teasers until 2018. Between the return of Logan, Jean, Xavier, and new books like Legion and Rogue/Gambit, I think Marvel has done enough teasing in 2017.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

i can't say i'm excited about much of this. until actual cyclops returns, i'll probably pass on most of this stuff

I will be surprised if Jean and Wolverine don’t have anything to do with X-Couples.
    First X-Lady

I wish X-Men:Black would have a team of just black X-Men
    Storm, Manifold, and well-designed, all-new characters and I’d buy it.

BANNED

-Bishop
    -Frenzy
    -Sunspot
    -Manifold
    -Oya
    -Triage
    -Bling!
    Wait, Sunspot is black? Since when? lol.

I'd add Monet in.

Isn`t Manifold an inhuman now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

I'd add Monet in.
    I was always under the impression that Roberto da Costa was of Afro-Brazilian descent.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I was always under the impression that Roberto da Costa was of Afro-Brazilian descent.
    Sunspot is, or was Afro -Brazilian. But his design was changed. With said change, he's possibly not intended to be anymore. lol

TvTropes has brought this up. - Storm, Monet, and Sunspot were all examples. Posting the latter two.
    1.. X-Men colorists must be fond of this trope, because M's skin tone is in a constant state of flux. When she first appeared in Generation X she had caramel skin. Towards the end of the book it was chocolate. When she was floating between titles it went back to caramel. But with her stint in X-Factor, she's not even ambiguous anymore; she could be mistaken for white by readers who don't know better. Her father is French, but of African descent and is rather dark-skinned.

2. Sunspot's skin has been lightened over the years, along with a possible Race Lift. Sunspot is Brazilian, specifically of mixed-race Afro-Brazilian and White Brazilian descent and was drawn with dark skin with wavy hair and black features. As the decades passed, Sunspot's skin has gotten lighter and lighter and now in his appearances in New Avengers and U.S.Avengers make him look like what most Americans think Latino people look like. X-Men: Days of Future Past has Adan Canto (a Mexican actor of mixed Amerindian/White descent) as Sunspot, further complicating the issue. Fox finally cast a Brazilian actor, Henry Zaga, as Sunspot for The New Mutants but he is very light-skinned.
    PAD got a lot of complaints in X-Factor on Monet's appearance change. So they started making her darker again, gradually over course of the run. So, I guess it's been seen the change to Monet wasn't welcome.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-27-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Monet's skin tone started changing with penciler Pablo Raimondi and colorist Brian Reber in X-Factor. Raimondi seemed to want to depict her with more common Algerian features versus how she had consistently looked prior. Personally glad she's been depicted darker, I just don't associate fair skin with Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Monet's skin tone started changing with penciler Pablo Raimondi and colorist Brian Reber in X-Factor. Raimondi seemed to want to depict her with more common Algerian features versus how she had consistently looked prior. Personally glad she's been depicted darker, I just don't associate fair skin with Monet.
    Someone posted this 7 years ago. The link has been lost since then, but they posted the page content. Q&A with PAD on Monet's change.
    Q: just a quick question, I’ve been an avid Monet st. croix fan since she came out back in the late 90’s. Now I’m enjoying your run on x-factor….1 problem…..Monet has become a white woman? what happened? continuity error, retcon?
    if its the colorist he/she needs to be fired because that chick currently in X-factor with the turquoise eyes is a slap in the face to what she was originally!

A: 1) For some reason the colorist made her pale for a while there. So we’ve been progressively making her skin darker and darker and we’re STILL getting complaints from fans asking why she’s white. I’m starting to think we could make her as dark as Storm and people would be complaining.
    So, Sunspot may not have gotten the complaints that Monet did when they went down that road.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-27-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Someone posted this 7 years ago. The link has been lost since then, but they posted the page content. Q&A with PAD on Monet's change.

So, Sunspot may not have gotten the complaints that Monet did when they went down that road.
    He's definitely getting complaints. Ewing and the colorists adjusted accordingly cause they certainly weren't gonna get away with this sh!t:

Now he's getting back to his original tone:

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

I'd add Monet in.
    That was his whole basis on his X-Gene activating. It was based on his blackness and receiving racist remakes by the white kids on the opposing soccer team.

He's definitely getting complaints. Ewing and the colorists adjusted accordingly cause they certainly weren't gonna get away with this sh!t:

Now he's getting back to his original tone:

Oh, that top pic is just sad. Good to hear he's another character that's going back to what they were intended as before new teams came along and retconned them.