Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Default Isn't Legacy really rather good!..?

I'm so far enjoying Legacy, and looking at my previews just out for January issues it looks to me like there's more good stuff coming!

Avengers: No Surrender, 16 part saga, is going to be fantastic..everyone is going to be in it!

Another mini epic on the X side of things Phoenix Resurrection..!.

Adam Warlock's return in Guardians #150!!

Waid and Samnee on Cap America, with Kraven in!

Marvel 2 in 1..Ben and Johnny, nice!

Excalibur in X - Gold Annual..! X titles looking good these days!

Defenders #9 Another good title..extra roster members? Spider-Woman on the cover!

I like how Marvel are slowly but surely pulling back "Legacy" characters, but how they seem to be throwing everyone out there...all sorts of characters not seen for a while...something for everyone...to me it reminds of as it says a legacy that's fantastic...although I like DC, I'm still more Marvel and love so many more of their characters...

And all the colour and "pizzazz" that goes with the books coming out under Legacy, some great teams and lovely vibrant artwork!

Going to cost me a fortune, but:

Make Mine Marvel!

Jon

too early to tell, imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    too early to tell, imo.

Agreed

Nothing I've seen so far has altered my opinion either way

The avengers combo book run actually puts me off them entirely if as I have heard it's the 3 avengers books under one banner - of course that remains to be seen

It's really only caused me to drop a couple titles, panther and guardians

royals also but that's by the by

Will try 2 in 1

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Ah I see Michael, you want to wait and see, reserve judgement maybe...I'm going with the flow!

Jon

Legacy issues of Iceman, Defenders, and Deadpool have been good.

The one Legacy issue of Iron Man was not so great.

Daredevil and Two-in-One haven't started yet.

So for me, so far not too bad.

So far I seem to be enjoying it, though I am one of those who kinda likes the way Marvel is at the moment, so I doubt these things where really aimed at me anyway.

Astonishing Member

To be honest I haven't much noticed anything significantly different!

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I'm so far enjoying Legacy, and looking at my previews just out for January issues it looks to me like there's more good stuff coming!
    I'm happy that you're enjoying yourself, but from the little that I've read, it's just more crap.

Avengers: No Surrender, 16 part saga, is going to be fantastic..everyone is going to be in it!
    I think it's a good thing that they're finally consolidating their Avengers line, but $4 every week... I'm not sure the market can sustain something like that. We'll see though. Overall, I'd say it's a good idea. Now just get Waid out of there.

Another mini epic on the X side of things Phoenix Resurrection..!.
    Jean Grey has died and been resurrected a lot... I just can't bring myself to care.

Adam Warlock's return in Guardians #150!!
    "Omg Guardians Vol. 2 teased Adam Warlock! We need to bring him back and make a big deal out of it!"

Waid and Samnee on Cap America, with Kraven in!
    I'm down. Hopefully it's not as s*** as his Avengers/Champions runs.

Marvel 2 in 1..Ben and Johnny, nice!
    I suppose it's overall a good thing that the F4 is slowly coming back, but at this point it just feels like they're blue balling us.

Excalibur in X - Gold Annual..! X titles looking good these days!
    Yea, not really. Maybe a few.

Defenders #9 Another good title..extra roster members? Spider-Woman on the cover!
    More Bendis crap.

And all the colour and "pizzazz" that goes with the books coming out under Legacy, some great teams and lovely vibrant artwork!
    Art is subjective, but I find the Legacy logo and art design to be kind of boring. DC's stuff pops on the shelf way better. Plus, the interiors in Marvel books tend to not be great.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nothing in the OP has happened as yet.

So far I'm enjoying the Avengers/Champions cross-over. I love ASM but I wish Parker Industries didn't have to go. Not liking the X-Men Blue/Gold cross-over so far therefore I hope the follow-up arcs are good. Falcon was boring. Venom was brilliant. Nothing happened in Iron Man #593.

I still have All-New Wolvie, Cable and Thor from last week to finish.