Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Captain Preparedness's favorite music is improvisational?

Strange call.
    Ha, ha! I think it's cool!

Mighty Member

Who agrees on my theory that he is Buddhist too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Captain Preparedness's favorite music is improvisational?

Strange call.
    When this subject was broached before, Buried Alien...who is an expert in these arcane things (and who has unfortunate habit of often proving me wrong)..actually posted a clip from a DC cartoon where Bruce had to reveal a secret side to himself because of a Zatanna spell. He performed a jazz number in a very pleasant baritone voice.

No point asking me for more details. These things are possible for Buried Alien, but defeat me.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Ha, ha! I think it's cool!
    Well, Snyder does think that Batman's an improvisor. It's Morrison who was all "Batman has infinite preptime."

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Morrison! (Not myself, personally.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    When this subject was broached before, Buried Alien...who is an expert in these arcane things (and who has unfortunate habit of often proving me wrong)..actually posted a clip from a DC cartoon where Bruce had to reveal a secret side to himself because of a Zatanna spell. He performed a jazz number in a very pleasant baritone voice.

No point asking me for more details. These things are possible for Buried Alien, but defeat me.
    Yes plus there was another cartoon clip from the Brave and the Bold where the Birds of Prey were singing in this Cabaret Club and Bruce/Batman was there (in disguise) enjoying the song.

The man likes Jazz!

It seems like Bruce likes The Clash.

Fantastic Member

I always assumed Bruce was a bit like me when it comes to music in that he like a lot of different types of music like young Bruce on Gotham sometimes listens to death metal so does Lego Batman Bruce.
    Last edited by Jovos2099; 10-29-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    As in practicing Buddhist? Its possible. I don't know a lot of Buddhism. Its possible that he has affinity for that. Isn't Buddhism a religion where 'God' is not given a lot of importance? Bruce would be at home in accepting something from here. (Haven't read the Morrison run yet. Don't look @ me that way. I started reading comics after Rebirth).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post

LOL, or he just knows who The Clash is. "London Calling" is a very popular song.

No problem with jazz, improvisation, preparation and also Buddhism : let's just consider one of the greatest of the greatest, Wayne Shorter, and what Miiles said about him :

"Wayne is a real composer. He writes scores, write the parts for everybody just as he wants them to sound. ... Wayne also brought in a kind of curiosity about working with musical rules. If they didn't work, then he broke them, but with musical sense; he understood that freedom in music was the ability to know the rules in order to bend them to your own satisfaction and taste."
    Couldn't it all be applied to Bruce?
    Last edited by Abe; 10-29-2017 at 09:47 AM.

The Waynes are most likely something like Presbyterians, Episcopalians, or Methodists. The Kanes are Jewish. My guess is that Martha would have converted to Christianity on the marriage and that Bruce is a lapsed Protestant turned Atheist. He could be considered Jewish, but doesn't think of himself that way.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never seen Batman as an atheist. Nolan Batman or some alt-reality Punisher MAX Batman where he’s the only dude out there and he’s still uberpissed about his parents murder? Yeah, I could totally get him not buying into the idea of God, and being all angry about it like “if God exists, my mom and dad wouldn’t be dead right now.”

I feel like, while, in our reality, the idea of atheism meshes very well with Bruce’s characterization as a logical personality who values reason above all else, that dynamic sort of inverts itself when you place it within the confines of a reality where he eats dinner with Supermen and Wonder Women, has killed and been killed by New Gods, and so forth. Now, whether or not he “believes” in God in that he puts his faith in this being is one thing, but, I think, being the logical mind that he is, he would probably be far more likely to consider that “yes, this being could very well exist” when measured against all of his own experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never seen Batman as an atheist. Nolan Batman or some alt-reality Punisher MAX Batman where he’s the only dude out there and he’s still uberpissed about his parents murder? Yeah, I could totally get him not buying into the idea of God, and being all angry about it like “if God exists, my mom and dad wouldn’t be dead right now.”

I feel like, while, in our reality, the idea of atheism meshes very well with Bruce’s characterization as a logical personality who values reason above all else, that dynamic sort of inverts itself when you place it within the confines of a reality where he eats dinner with Supermen and Wonder Women, has killed and been killed by New Gods, and so forth. Now, whether or not he “believes” in God in that he puts his faith in this being is one thing, but, I think, being the logical mind that he is, he would probably be far more likely to consider that “yes, this being could very well exist” when measured against all of his own experiences.
    I got to find that panel from the Justice League Rebirth but he says the he is not a believer.

Again, I was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    That's right. he isn't.

So why did you post this thread?

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/

Episcopalian, Catholic (lapsed), atheist.
    Because the subject threatened to derail another Bat thread that I was truly interested in (BatCat wedding planning)

Basically, this whole thing is a thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post

I love stuff like this, especially seeing Bruce genuinely smile and having fun .