Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Why the hell does it matter? Also what does that make Damian? JewishMuslimBudhist?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Why the hell does it matter? Also what does that make Damian? JewishMuslimBudhist?
    It adds subtext to Bruce's character and allows for that subtext to become even more explicit, not to mention the value in having possibly the world's most famous character be a part of a group that has been horrifically mistreated throughout history and still faces prejudice to this day.

Damian does not follow any religion to my knowledge, and since Talia is not Jewish, I don't think he would be.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It adds subtext to Bruce's character and allows for that subtext to become even more explicit, not to mention the value in having possibly the world's most famous character be a part of a group that has been horrifically mistreated throughout history and still faces prejudice to this day.

Damian does not follow any religion to my knowledge, and since Talia is not Jewish, I don't think he would be.
    So to make Jewish people feel better? It doesn't change history or their treatment today. DC doesn't embrace or acknowledge the fact. It seems that it's more fans who really wish for him to be Jewish which if it makes Jewish fans feel better then I guess it doesn't matter personally I don't view him as Jewish. I don't view him as anything. I don't think it matters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    So to make Jewish people feel better? It doesn't change history or their treatment today. DC doesn't embrace or acknowledge the fact. It seems that it's more fans who really wish for him to be Jewish which if it makes Jewish fans feel better then I guess it doesn't matter personally I don't view him as Jewish. I don't view him as anything. I don't think it matters.
    Funny thing is by saying nothing he is everything/whatever the reader wants him to be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That would roughly add as much as Dick being Romani and Selina beeing a Latina and bisexual (so basically nothing).

He is for the general audience established as "WASP" and it will be hard to change that.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-04-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

issue 51-53 established he went to church with his father, he's christian or no religion at all.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    issue 51-53 established he went to church with his father, he's christian or no religion at all.
    You don't have to observe Judaism (or any other religion for that matter) to be Jewish. I agree he was raised Christian, but that doesn't matter one whit here.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)