Thread: Starting Metal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Starting Metal

My lcs has been holding the metal issues till I could afford the extra cash to buy them. Was gonna get them at the end of November when there was an extra Wednesday but I got a new part time job and was able to buy what has been put out so far. Freaking 50 bucks for 14 issues so far. I'm not gonna track down my individual threads to talk about each issue as I read. I'm gonna discuss them here.

Why the hell is there an ad for Dark Days The Casting in the back of Dark Days The Casting.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I did not notice it back then. I think in almost all books coming out of DC had the same ad. It was the same with Dark Days The Forge. But it is weird that the book carries the ad of itself. This is promotion overkill. 'Dark Days The Forge' is followed by 'Dark Days The Casting'. The two books are the prelude to the Metal event.

Greg Capullo wasnt well while working on it. Thats why Snyder and Morrison are doing Wild Hunt in February: to give Capullo a break

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Metal is great so far. Never imagined Snyder would go use a DCU event to tie up little mysteries (some that I didn't even think much about) in his Batman run. I'm getting most of the big issues and definitely getting all the trades. Preordered the prelude trade.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”