Fantastic Member

Default Captain Atom vs Gladiator

New 52 Nathaniel vs Kallark
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

Am I missing something? Did Nu 52 Atom get a SERIOUS power up?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

New 52 Captain Atom was at least a bullet-timer, and had one showing where he kept up with the Flash. That one showing should probably be ignored as an outlier, in which case Gladiator blitzes the hell out of him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Am I missing something? Did Nu 52 Atom get a SERIOUS power up?
    Yeah, definitely. He got turned into "Doctor Manhattan in a setting with other high end characters to test his limits." And those limits are hilarious.

Now, he may have gotten powered back down in Rebirth since DC actually has Doctor Manhattan running around, but this is specifically New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    New 52 Captain Atom was at least a bullet-timer, and had one showing where he kept up with the Flash. That one showing should probably be ignored as an outlier, in which case Gladiator blitzes the hell out of him.
    Nu Atom, unless they recently depowered him, is some kind of borderline godbeing though, I wouldn't thus call paralyzing the Flash with his own speed force an outlier so much as Atom is, or at least was, some kind of ridiculous god in the new 52. Who even knows his current power level though.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Today I learned that the Speed Force is composed of molecules.

I guess this does explain how Barry Allen became a speeedster by having his chem lab get struck by lightning, since I guess this'd mean you can mix up some Speed Force with the right mix of atomic elements...

Captain Atom appears to have a feat in his book a few years back where he casually snatches bullets out of the air with Barry Allen, all appearing to be frozen. I've heard it said that took place in a nano second. However, in reviewing the scan, I can see no evidence that that time frame is even mentioned. Nevertheless, Nathaniel appears to lolnope Barry Allen's speed and otherwise as Mr Smiley indicates above, manipulated the speed force.

Comprised of molecules no less.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Today I learned that the Speed Force is composed of molecules.

I guess this does explain how Barry Allen became a speeedster by having his chem lab get struck by lightning, since I guess this'd mean you can mix up some Speed Force with the right mix of atomic elements...
    Wait, I thought that the molecules that made up the Speed Force WAS Barry Allen.

That was a full reboot and a half ago ;p

It was also that Barry Allen is constantly creating the speed force or some stupid junk.

That doesn't really get in the way of Godlike Atom usurping control of it and proclaiming "lol, speed force, that's adorable" though.