Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Pretty, can I have it when you are done with it?
    I am generous, but not that generous. I've been on the hunt for this for a while. In 2013, there was a copy in the charity auction in our local hometown con (the same one I went to Sunday), and I had $68 left in my pocket (I don't bring credit cards to shows to keep in my budget). I was outbid by $2 by the brother of a local creator whom I am friendly with. I hadn't seen a copy in the wild since then (I rarely shop for back issues online, preferring the thrill of the hunt). I'd even asked a few dealers I was friendly with to keep an eye out, and the answer was always if I find two, you can have one, as most of them were looking for it for their personal collections too. So when I found this at the show on Sunday (where those dealer friends were set up), I snatched it up for only a few dollars more than I would have spent in the auction (I would have bid more then if I had had more $$ with me), only taking me four years to find it. I intend on savoring it for at least another four years, so it will be some time before I am close to being done with it, but I'll keep you in mind if I do move on from it (which happens, I just purged 11+ short boxes of comics, mostly Bronze Ago, selling the to one of those dealers I was friendly with-and they were for sale at the show on Sunday, still in my short boxes for the most part, and it was fun to watch people digging through those boxes to find their own treasures).

Congrats to Shalla Bal for the win, great cover.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You would think there would be a new edition for that Wrightson Frankenstein. I am sure going to watch out for it. I gave my copy of "Cycle of the Werewolf" to my niece since she grew up to be a Stephen King fan. I wonder what that one fetches these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You would think there would be a new edition for that Wrightson Frankenstein. I am sure going to watch out for it. I gave my copy of "Cycle of the Werewolf" to my niece since she grew up to be a Stephen King fan. I wonder what that one fetches these days.
    Dark Horse (I believe) did one more recently than the Marvel edition I got, but that's also out of print now and hard to find. I've not read Cycle of the Werewolf, but I do have a signed Wrightson print of the cover I picked up at a different charity auction a while back.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Dark Horse (I believe) did one more recently than the Marvel edition I got, but that's also out of print now and hard to find. I've not read Cycle of the Werewolf, but I do have a signed Wrightson print of the cover I picked up at a different charity auction a while back.

-M
    Thanks! I will have to keep an eye out for that newer edition of the Frankenstein one. It's bound to be cheaper .... I hope. It's great to have something signed by Wrightson. I don't think he ever came to a Chicago con. I was able to get Mike Mignola to sign my hardbound Triumph and Torment a few years back.