Default Master Race question

I just finished Dark Knight: Master Race and I really enjoyed it, but one thing makes no sense to me:

At the beginning, Carrie attacks a bunch of cops dressed as Batman, lets herself get captured and then spends a month in captivity before escaping. What was the whole reason for that? I got the impression that she got caught on purpose, but I have no idea what that was supposed to achieve.

Any ideas?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I just finished Dark Knight: Master Race and I really enjoyed it, but one thing makes no sense to me:

At the beginning, Carrie attacks a bunch of cops dressed as Batman, lets herself get captured and then spends a month in captivity before escaping. What was the whole reason for that? I got the impression that she got caught on purpose, but I have no idea what that was supposed to achieve.

Any ideas?
    I thought it was just part of showing that Batman's still around to protect Gotham?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought it was just part of showing that Batman's still around to protect Gotham?
    Maybe, but then why tell them he's dead? And surely attacking criminals and not getting caught works better than attacking police and getting caught.