Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Critical Critic Nosocialize's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910

    Default Preview: Spider-Man #234

    It's up and it's got the Sinister Six! http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...pider-man-234/

    Love the double page costume gallery.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

  2. #2
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,178

    Default

    She stole that Iron Spider tech from Parker Industries, I assume? When MJ used it, it was found among the Avengers' possessions. Whether it was still there or with Peter, it would've ended up at the Baxter. I bet it got swiped during this week's ASM.

  3. #3
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She stole that Iron Spider tech from Parker Industries, I assume? When MJ used it, it was found among the Avengers' possessions. Whether it was still there or with Peter, it would've ended up at the Baxter. I bet it got swiped during this week's ASM.
    Yeah, I remember Peter had built one for himself in an issue of SM2099 I think. So it could make sense that she stole it while PI was going down. I wonder why it became black though...

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,260

    Default

    The fans in the Miles Morales thread are convinced now the new Iron Spider is a resurrected Aaron

  5. #5
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The fans in the Miles Morales thread are convinced now the new Iron Spider is a resurrected Aaron
    Well if you look at the bits of his face not covered in shadow at the end of the preview, he's not only black but the facial hair matches. It also makes sense for him to suit up in the Iron Spider for going after Miles.

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,530

    Default

    I want to to see Ceres and Tinkerer go head to head now.

    Though how old is she supposed to be? The close-ups of her face makes her look a lot older then her body would imply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The fans in the Miles Morales thread are convinced now the new Iron Spider is a resurrected Aaron
    And here I was worried he'd steal being the Prowler away from poor Hobie .

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to to see Ceres and Tinkerer go head to head now.

    Though how old is she supposed to be? The close-ups of her face makes her look a lot older then her body would imply.

    And here I was worried he'd steal being the Prowler away from poor Hobie .
    For Synergy reasons I thought was gonna happen.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to to see Ceres and Tinkerer go head to head now.

    Though how old is she supposed to be? The close-ups of her face makes her look a lot older then her body would imply.

    And here I was worried he'd steal being the Prowler away from poor Hobie .
    When we first saw her she did say she used a drug to give herself that body so this may be the effects of the drug wearing off.

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, I remember Peter had built one for himself in an issue of SM2099 I think. So it could make sense that she stole it while PI was going down. I wonder why it became black though...
    Because it's not the same suit. It's reverse engineered, with some of the tech upgraded.

    The armor Peter was using in the PI era was pretty much an upgrade of the Iron Spider, lacking the mechanical arms, but including it's spandex armor, instant clothes change, and control functions.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-26-2017 at 09:58 AM.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    So, Uncle Aaron is the new "Iron Spider"? I don't like it. I have a better idea.

    Hobie Brown (the original Prowler) gets infected by the Spider-Virus of Spider-Island and retains spider-powers at the end. (He's Spider-Punk in Spider-Verse). He then starts using the Iron Spider's armor and name, while Aaron steals the Prowler's identity to use it. Doesn't sound better?

  11. #11
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So, Uncle Aaron is the new "Iron Spider"? I don't like it. I have a better idea.

    Hobie Brown (the original Prowler) gets infected by the Spider-Virus of Spider-Island and retains spider-powers at the end. (He's Spider-Punk in Spider-Verse). He then starts using the Iron Spider's armor and name, while Aaron steals the Prowler's identity to use it. Doesn't sound better?
    No because because Hobie has nothing do with Miles

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So, Uncle Aaron is the new "Iron Spider"? I don't like it. I have a better idea.

    Hobie Brown (the original Prowler) gets infected by the Spider-Virus of Spider-Island and retains spider-powers at the end. (He's Spider-Punk in Spider-Verse). He then starts using the Iron Spider's armor and name, while Aaron steals the Prowler's identity to use it. Doesn't sound better?
    No, it doesn't.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So, Uncle Aaron is the new "Iron Spider"? I don't like it. I have a better idea.

    Hobie Brown (the original Prowler) gets infected by the Spider-Virus of Spider-Island and retains spider-powers at the end. (He's Spider-Punk in Spider-Verse). He then starts using the Iron Spider's armor and name, while Aaron steals the Prowler's identity to use it. Doesn't sound better?
    Sounds like the kind of crazy thing the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon would've done .

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,178

    Default

    Maybe if Totally Awesome Hulk had existed at the time, they would've - they wouldn't have made Amadeus the Iron Spider if he'd had a superhero identity in the comics already.

  15. #15
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because it's not the same suit. It's reverse engineered, with some of the tech upgraded.

    The armor Peter was using in the PI era was pretty much an upgrade of the Iron Spider, lacking the mechanical arms, but including it's spandex armor, instant clothes change, and control functions.
    Seems kinda strange that this rando could reverse engineer something built by Tony and Peter using top-of-the-line Stark Industries resources, but that's for the plot I guess. I wonder what she added.

    I guess you could see the Mark IV armor as an upgrade of the Iron Spider, but to me it seemed really different, other than the liquid metal suit change thing. I mean the control functions are pretty much in any armor, but this one also had a bunch of unrelated things like strength increase, and whatnot.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •