View Poll Results: Should adult Jean and 616 Logan EVER get together?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 14.46%
  • No

64 77.11%
  • It depends

7 8.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't consider myself a Scott fan and I don't think writers need to have every character brown-nose their favorite character in order to show their interest. 10+ years of consistent, unwavering focus should tell you that people at Marvel like Scott...alot.

As for whether Logan will help to tell a good Jean story or elevate her... what's the evidence that his presence would hurt? Surely you aren't drawing a comparison to "dead, obsessed and dead, and too lost in the idea of another person to live life"? If anything at all happens with Jean/Logan, whatever happens will be better than Jean's, Maddie's, and Emma's current statuses.
    If anything Scott was the one that hurt Jean status all this time. But since people like scott he gets scott free and people vote him to get back to jean

As for the teen characters: I consider them all a waste of time, spinning wheels. Jean Grey should have been at the heart of Act and the Hope Saga, but some dude was hogging limelight with her powers (because he's a favorite among the people who matter). Had Jean come back for the Hope Saga conclusion, the "big get" of the teen arrivals would be null and void. We just took a huge detour getting to where we need to be. And that's not to say that the teens haven't been entertaining in some moments. Grand scheme though, they were an exercise in running in place.
    first we got Hope that was suppossed to be a re-incarnate versin of jean. Then editorial saw it was bullshit.
    so then teen jean. And now real adult jean since Scott is dead., it was a long way to get Jean back
    As for Blue itself, they didn't bring back the rapport because they want to move away from Jean/Scott.
    of course. I don't expect anything different, Jimmy was just thrown for the sake of drama, h enever stood a chance,
    They should make up for hinting at Jean/Scott with the teens by keeping the adult version independent of him for the first time ever.
    yep. Adult version has a bad baggage to get back together

BANNED

Well, well... and the Prize goes to...

BANNED

Logan is a primadonna girl. Jean isn't good enough for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If anything Scott was the one that hurt Jean status all this time. But since people like scott he gets scott free and people vote him to get back to jean

first we got Hope that was suppossed to be a re-incarnate versin of jean. Then editorial saw it was bullshit.
    so then teen jean. And now real adult jean since Scott is dead., it was a long way to get Jean back

of course. I don't expect anything different, Jimmy was just thrown for the sake of drama, h enever stood a chance,

yep. Adult version has a bad baggage to get back together
    Baggage is good for the characters...as long as the story is allowed to move forward beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't consider myself a Scott fan and I don't think writers need to have every character brown-nose their favorite character in order to show their interest. 10+ years of consistent, unwavering focus should tell you that people at Marvel like Scott...alot.

As for whether Logan will help to tell a good Jean story or elevate her... what's the evidence that his presence would hurt? Surely you aren't drawing a comparison to "dead, obsessed and dead, and too lost in the idea of another person to live life"? If anything at all happens with Jean/Logan, whatever happens will be better than Jean's, Maddie's, and Emma's current statuses.

As for the teen characters: I consider them all a waste of time, spinning wheels. Jean Grey should have been at the heart of Act and the Hope Saga, but some dude was hogging limelight with her powers (because he's a favorite among the people who matter). Had Jean come back for the Hope Saga conclusion, the "big get" of the teen arrivals would be null and void. We just took a huge detour getting to where we need to be. And that's not to say that the teens haven't been entertaining in some moments. Grand scheme though, they were an exercise in running in place.

As for Blue itself, they didn't bring back the rapport because they want to move away from Jean/Scott.

They should make up for hinting at Jean/Scott with the teens by keeping the adult version independent of him for the first time ever.
    I can see the point you're making here; I wish there had been a little more consistency towards the end of Scott's run, it seemed that towards the end they might have moved too much to the opposite extreme.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply her being with Logan is somehow guaranteed to harm her character and I've stayed consistent that I simply don't want it to happen in a way that unnecessarily slings mud at Scott. I think if Marvel had been more thoughtful of their retcons, none of the characters would have such unfortunate status'.

I completely agree that Jean should've been at the heart of the Hope saga, and AvX as well; are you saying Scott was hogging the limelight by becoming Phoenix? Because if so, I agree that that wasn't a good decision; the instant it happened, he was guaranteed to become Dark Phoenix.

I understand that having the rapport reestablished is the biggest indicator that Jott-lite is likely to happen, but not before Jimmy gets thrown in for some artificial nostalgia drama, right?

I agree that Jean should be independent of Scott.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No. Never. Neverneverever.