Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

EdIted/added updated info for blue marvel.

Enhanced Mental Perception/Hyper-Cosmic Awareness: Blue Marvel possesses the ability to sense & comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities. He can perceive different sensory spectra beyond the regular norm. Superior Spider-Man once likened him to being his own Electron Microscope,enabling him to see into Spectrum's damaged energy form in order to repair what Proxima had done.Later he would expand his consciousness further through one of his inventions to find out about the imprisonment of conceptual existence.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-30-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Remember back awhile ago before ultimates 2 some folks were complaining blue marvel never threw a punch in ultimates season 1.
    In season 2 he threw a punch in the first issue and some folks ignored that.

Anyway he threw a punch at anti-man,a guy who who got a upgrade in power by the lifebringer and was more powerful then thanos.
    So blue marvel has no problem fighting those more powerful then him.

It was monica who said it was a waste of time and it was best to find a more quicker and less messy solution and it worked in the end.
    So that's another win.
    It was really common sense she used and she was right.

Ewing was a taking a more realistic approach instead just super punching and energy projection powers that will take a long time to put down thanos plus there were no other teams to help out to win for a normal fight.

So as comic fans we wanted to see more action there but it made sense how it was written,so again i understood what ewing was going for even if i was looking forward to blue marvel and team vs thanos battle again but ended up still happy they beat him again.

Just like blue marvel came with a better solution to fight the cosmic creature in ultimates 2,of course they use brains and energy projection powers combined to stop and slow down the villain so i was overall happy there too.

Adam did fought thanos in the first round with his team and some others teams in a early civil war 2 issue and they won just like they found a way to beat thanos again later on so i was happy with that.

One way or the other ewing wrote blue marvel not going down without a fight, either intellectual,fist to fist or energy projection.
    He has always wrote blue marvel,monica,carol,chavaz and black panther to win one way or the other.
    So even if a few things disappointed abit in a certain point in the story he made up for it later on in the story one way or the other for me for the type of story he was telling.
    Call me optimistic but that's how i see it.

The book is about using your brains first more so then really long drawn out fights like in some other books.
    It's about problem solving,science and exploration first and that's what we got with some good to really good action and strong to really strong character developments.
    That was promised and it delivered.

Maybe One day blue marvel will get that one on one fight with thanos with same writer or another one and it will be in one of those books that have more fights and longer drawn out ones on average.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-30-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way i think blue marvel and monica will be another team book down the road but look out for cameos,guest appearances etc.. in other books in the meantime.
    Monica was shown again for example in captain marvel.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-30-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    As petty as it sounds, I can't for the life of me understand why Ewing gave Blue Marvel such a wack costume?

It totally took away from the grandeur of his character as a throwback to a bygone era of golden age capes whilst making him look totally pedestrian.
    Funny you should say that. I thought the impenetrable Earth shield story would have been a great set up for the Blue Marvel to visit the Watcher's home and find a way to penetrate the shield. After all, Uatu had a way of going just about anywhere. I envisioned Brashear talking to Ulana and the Council of Watchers and finding out that a Watchers' medallion and cloak are actually cosmic devices that make their ability to transport just about anywhere (and survive the environment) possible. Since Brashear was an honorary Watcher, the Council would agree to provisionally allow him to use the cloak and medallion in exchange for Adam's permission to establish a Watcher outpost in the Neutral Zone. Adam would, of course, argue that he doesn't own the NZ, but the Council would counter that per their laws and customs, he does. So yeah, I definitely would like to see BM with a cape -- the Cloak of Uatu -- as well as wearing the helmet in extreme combat situations.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-30-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Funny you should say that. I thought the impenetrable Earth shield story would have been a great set up for the Blue Marvel to visit the Watcher's home and find a way to penetrate the shield. After all, Uatu had a way of going just about anywhere. I envisioned Brashear talking to Ulana and the Council of Watchers and finding out that a Watchers' medallion and cloak are actually cosmic devices that make their ability to transport just about anywhere (and survive the environment) possible. Since Brashear was an honorary Watcher, the Council would agree to provisionally allow him to use the cloak and medallion in exchange for Adam's permission to establish a Watcher outpost in the Neutral Zone. Adam would, of course, argue that he doesn't own the NZ, but the Council would counter that per their laws and customs, he does. So yeah, I definitely would like to see BM with a cape -- the Cloak of Uatu -- as well as wearing the helmet in extreme combat situations.
    That is an excellent and very creative idea..

I'm still bummed he stopped hearing the helmut and cape. It was a far more iconic look for him.

Though I will concende his look in Ultimates actually did suit him. He's less a super hero and more an explorer/scientist.

Extraordinary Member

I added/edited some info on pages 4 an 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm still bummed he stopped hearing the helmut and cape. It was a far more iconic look for him.
    I prefer him without the helmet most of the times and helmet only a few times.

Though I will concende his look in Ultimates actually did suit him. He's less a super hero and more an explorer/scientist.
    Of course i do prefer him first with the suits with the capes but his current look is fine with me too.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-31-2017 at 12:05 AM.

I'll continue to keep a watchful eye out for any previews that mention the Ultimates, First Firmament, Lifebringer Galactus, Chaos/Order/Logos, the Neutral Zone, etc., etc. I know writers in other books have their own stories that they want to tell, but it would be nice to see someone integrate Ewing's elements into their continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I prefer him without the helmet most of the times and helmet only a few times.
    That hairstyle, though. I could be fine with him never wearing a helmet, but only if they didn't make him look like a brown Reed Richards. A graying 40 year old does not look like Adam or Reed. Someone in their 50s or 60s maybe, but not early 40s. They're better off showing him with a full head of salt and pepper, close cropped hairstyle. It's not difficult to draw.

That hairstyle, though. I could be fine with him never wearing a helmet, but only if they didn't make him look like a brown Reed Richards. A graying 40 year old does not look like Adam or Reed. Someone in their 50s or 60s maybe, but not early 40s. They're better off showing him with a full head of salt and pepper, close cropped hairstyle. It's not difficult to draw.
    I thought Adam was supposedly around 84 years old or something, I could of sworn he had a conversation with Monica about it

Invincible Member

Adam is way older than that though. He fought in Korea. His powers have slowed his aging a little, but he's unquestionably a senior.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I thought Adam was supposedly around 84 years old or something, I could of sworn he had a conversation with Monica about it
    He his. And unlike Steve Rogers, he lived through all those years.

Yeah, he's chronologically in his 80s but thanks to his powers looks a few decades younger.

Right i thought so, So it would make sense that he would be graying, Though i do agree he should have salt and peppered color hair rather then looking like Reed

Right i thought so, So it would make sense that he would be graying, Though i do agree he should have salt and peppered color hair rather then looking like Reed
    It's hard to ink. How much you want him looking like Robbie Robertson?