Default Nightwing #32 Preview/Discussion

Last edited by Godlike13; 10-26-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Mighty Member

ITs still so strange to me that no one hads figured out that the guy with a suit similar to the flying Grayson's is Nightwing. Also yay Mouse is back.

I hope mouse goes back to her sexy look that was nice.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm glad

spoilers:
    Raptor is back. I was really digging him
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Dick looks kind of silly in his work clothes.

I guess we're back to the New 52 Flying Grayson costumes...

Spectacular Member

I love having Raptor back and Dick psychoanalyzing him and calling him out. I really hope even after Seeley's gone that Raptor is occasionally used.

Always Rakzo

Great insight on Raptor's character. I'm glad that Seeley is not afraid of touching upon the hipocrisy of his acts, everything escalates nicely towards the end.

Getting closer to the finale, hope it delivers.

I missed Raptor. Its so nice to have a Nightwing villain that i actually enjoy. And i got him in two books this week.

Oh harsh. is it bad that I feel for Raptor? Glad to see the Run Offs doing good and showing concern for Dick. I love Raptor he's just so bad at dressing himself. @Godlike you think Dick looked silly in his work clothes? did you see Raptor's clothes?

I love the little touches that personalise this like Bluddy Mary and the logo on the Sofa Pilot's tee.

That was a crazy intense blackjack game, and it was cool to see Dick "won" in the end. He did the detective work and tore Raptor down (for the second time so far after #8). I loved the whole issue really, the back and forth between Dick and Raptor was great, and just more Raptor in general, too. We got more of Raptor's origin and about his whacked out views. All while we had dapper Dick and Raptor. This was honestly one of my favourite issues of the run, tbh.

Not many people talk about how much of a savage Dick is in this run. He's not the master detective he was as Batman, he's not the master manipulator he was in Grayson, but he is an absolute savage physically and verbally. Good to see him roast Raptor again in this issue, and I hope we get more of it later on (maybe we'll get to see him talk some shit about Pigeon, too, but that'll likely be Shawn).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I love that Dick the detective was on full display but this issue was so much exposition. I still don't get why Raptor's mask was at Pigeons. I take it they're sleeping together not just working together.

This was very enjoyable reading it after Batman was especially satisfying. It felt like I was getting value for money what with this having actually words and lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I love that Dick the detective was on full display but this issue was so much exposition. I still don't get why Raptor's mask was at Pigeons. I take it they're sleeping together not just working together.

This was very enjoyable reading it after Batman was especially satisfying. It felt like I was getting value for money what with this having actually words and lots of it.
    I think one of the Run-Offs outright commented on them being together romantically, even though we haven't seen them together yet to really know one way or another.

But I guess it would also mirror Dick and Shawn too.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think one of the Run-Offs outright commented on them being together romantically, even though we haven't seen them together yet to really know one way or another.

But I guess it would also mirror Dick and Shawn too.
    Oh I completely missed that

Great banter. Enjoyed Dick turning the tables on Raptor also nice to get to know more of Raptors story. i like this guy an hope he keeps hounding Dick.

Suddenly not a fan of Shawn's outfit. Next to Mouse she's so under dressed.