Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Astonishing X-Men #5 preview

Astonishing X-Men #5
    Writer: Soule, Charles
    Artist: Rosanas, Ramon
    Cover Artist: Rosanas, Ramon

THE LIFE OF X CONTINUES!
    The SHADOW KING and CHARLES XAVIER continue their twisted game in the ASTRAL PLANE, competing for the very lives of GAMBIT, ROGUE, OLD MAN LOGAN, FANTOMEX, and MYSTIQUE. And back in the real world, this game is leaving lasting repercussions as PSYLOCKE, BISHOP and ANGEL attempt to defend LONDON from Shadow King’s psychic attacks. With two of their allies fallen, can Xavier rally his X-Men for one final push against their foe?

Last edited by Tycon; 10-26-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Last edited by Tycon; 10-27-2017 at 05:22 AM. Reason: title fixed

Nice art.
    Cut the cables? Really? How about one or all three of you with automatic weapons shoot him?!
    Gambit has to be possessed to be competent now? *sigh*
    Even after all these years, Psylocke with telekinesis still irks me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Gambit gets corrupted again and Psylocke does her part as a badass psychic ninja. Sold!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

""Screwed up again", rofl! i have sore throat but you made me feel happy and a lot better.

BANNED

That's some Batman bullshit right there.

Someone explain to me how Gambit can charge the floor with his hands covered up.

BANNED

I could be wrong, but I don't think Gambit has needed contact for years.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Gambit has needed contact for years.
    He had enhanced powers where he didnt need contact. But after the end of the Niecieza ongoing he lost he burned out his powers fighting the New Sun. Hes back to physical touch
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    He had enhanced powers where he didnt need contact. But after the end of the Niecieza ongoing he lost he burned out his powers fighting the New Sun. Hes back to physical touch
    He got another upgrade at the end of Asmus' run too so he could back to not needing physical touch. It hasn't really been explored all that much.

Astonishing Member

The Shadow King is much better as Gambit than Gambit. Reminds me of when Emma swapped minds with Iceman

BANNED

So this is the second-to-last issue of this arc right? Things are going to be heating up... wasn't a death teased too? Nice to see two of my fav X-Men (Remy & Betsy) being badass. Like most X-Men, they've been neglected before, so it's nice to know they're in good hands.

Where's Mystique?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    ""Screwed up again", rofl! i have sore throat but you made me feel happy and a lot better.
    LOL No prob!! IDK why but it's always the 'Astonishing X-Men" previews where I mess up the title. Goddess, or mods, save me.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nice art.
    Cut the cables? Really? How about one or all three of you with automatic weapons shoot him?!
    Gambit has to be possessed to be competent now? *sigh*
    Even after all these years, Psylocke with telekinesis still irks me.
    The worst part is, they are literally STARING HIM DOWN with AKs. Even while he's getting on the helicopter, there's nothing stopping them from filling him with holes. Except maybe plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    So this is the second-to-last issue of this arc right? Things are going to be heating up... wasn't a death teased too? Nice to see two of my fav X-Men (Remy & Betsy) being badass. Like most X-Men, they've been neglected before, so it's nice to know they're in good hands.
    Between this issue and next, I believe SK is gonna be defeated, Xavier is coming back to life, and a death MAY happen. The prime targets (IMH marked for Soule's hit list are Logan, Gambit, and Fantomex. And next arc's villain looks to be the "Mindkiller".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Where's Mystique?
    Huh. Weird. Her body should be there.

The worst part is, they are literally STARING HIM DOWN with AKs. Even while he's getting on the helicopter, there's nothing stopping them from filling him with holes. Except for maybe plot armor.
    Well yeah, that's an oversight for sure. He's fast, but not that fast. They could down him easily.

Between this issue and next, I believe SK is gonna be defeated, Xavier is coming back to life, and a death MAY happen. The prime targets (IMH marked for Soule's hit list are Logan, Gambit, and Fantomex. And next arc's villain looks to be the "Mindkiller".
    Sounds about right. I wonder if one of them will take him out, or if he'll be imprisoned or something. Xavier will be back for sure. Potentially in a more capable body, if the blonde figure from one cover really is a younger self. I can't even remember where the death was teased but I've kept it in mind throughout. Assuming it's legitimate, I'm pretty sure that every character except for Mystique, Angel and Bishop are accounted for in solicits + art from various upcoming titles.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

HEY CAN A MOD RENAME THIS TO "ASTONISHING X-MEN #5 (PREVIEW)" CAUSE I SCREWED UP AGAIN LMAO

dang that is amazing artwork.