Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    He got another upgrade at the end of Asmus' run too so he could back to not needing physical touch. It hasn't really been explored all that much.
    I think he still needs to touch things, but I don't think gloves have ever got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think he still needs to touch things, but I don't think gloves have ever got in the way.
    He needed skin to object contact to charge objects for the longest while. Remember that his gloves back in the day always left two or three fingers exposed for just that purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    HEY CAN A MOD RENAME THIS TO "ASTONISHING X-MEN #5 (PREVIEW)" CAUSE I SCREWED UP AGAIN LMAO

Oh dear Gambit mind cotrolled again. Is this Axis x factor again? is this better or worse than releasing a new sentinal?. Probability of 2 seconds of impress before smoosh clown pants non contributer again.... fairly high. Please prove me wrong.

Fantastic Member

He's been fine tuned for a while, maybe he detonated a piece of the glove or fingertip to get the contact?

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    He's been fine tuned for a while, maybe he detonated a piece of the glove or fingertip to get the contact?
    He charged a dice will wearing gloves in the first issue so it makes sense for him to charge the floor wearing the gloves.

Astonishing Member

I am not a fan of not needing to touch, but I like him being able to charge organic matter like that time he charged Shaw. I guess he could make a person explode if he were evil enough.

Fantastic Member

art looks dreary

To me, this is clearly the best X thing going. (I don't read ANW tbf)

It's got heart, stakes and solid dialogue with some legit action. Soule is showing he has a strong grasp on the voices of these characters.

Blue certainly has heart but comes across as all over the place to me, and a bit goofy. Gold is just.....well, I appreciate what they tried to do but MG was not the answer to what the X fanbase needed. It would be wise for them to move on soon.

Excited for this issue, as I have been for each one in the series. I can't express enough how fun it is to see Remy kick some ass again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    He charged a dice will wearing gloves in the first issue so it makes sense for him to charge the floor wearing the gloves.
    Why didn't his gloves get charged as well

Gambit might as well just remain possessed. Seems that's the only time he is allowed to be bad ass these days.

That or make him a villain. Anything is better than being a chump.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Because he can control what he charges. During his solo he did all sorts of things with his powers beyond just blindly charging ****.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    his other gloves had a few that were missing fingers so he had skin contact...maybe the artist didnt know

Some of you guys complain a lot about Gambit, Oh My! This book has had more dialogue than big action sequences focused on one character (Logan being the exception). Look at Psylocke... she had even less space to fight. Mystique and Fantomex did less than Gambit. And so on... Gambit is being very focused on fighting just now that he is possessed, because he was being trapped before inside the Astral plane. Now is the time for him to be back and fight, just like Logan was also controlled. And Logan is a very strong minded person, as edition 3 showed us. If he was controlled, Gambit could be too.

Besides, we don't know what the thing about Xavier is. Why he gave up on Logan and Gambit so easily. And if Gambit is being badass while being controlled, that just show how powerful he is. And that he is a hero for not being exploding buildings just because he can, but that he uses his powers with responsability.

Soule is doing great portraing of all the characters in a respectful and cool manner. People just seem to be bitter because of previous writers treated Gambit in a way that they don't approve. Enjoy this great book and that Gambit is a part of it. He could be in Gold, being murdered by Guggenheim, he is very lucky. A few years ago, only Scott, Emma, Logan and a few others would be in an important book like this one. I understand some frustrations... Storm is being portraid like an incompetent for a few years. So enjoy this one, because it can last just a little.
    Last edited by Weather; 10-27-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Xavier did give up on those two easily. Maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe he trusts them to fight SK for their minds on their own. Who knows. I'm not mad about how Gambit's being treated in this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    his other gloves had a few that were missing fingers so he had skin contact...maybe the artist didnt know
    Yeah, that's what I remember too...