Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Some of you guys complain a lot about Gambit, Oh My! This book has had more dialogue than big action sequences focused on one character (Logan being the exception). Look at Psylocke... she had even less space to fight. Mystique and Fantomex did less than Gambit. And so on... Gambit is being very focused on fighting just now that he is possessed, because he was being trapped before inside the Astral plane. Now is the time for him to be back and fight, just like Logan was also controlled. And Logan is a very strong minded person, as edition 3 showed us. If he was controlled, Gambit could be too.

Besides, we don't know what the thing about Xavier is. Why he gave up on Logan and Gambit so easily. And if Gambit is being badass while being controlled, that just show how powerful he is. And that he is a hero for not being exploding buildings just because he can, but that he uses his powers with responsability.

Soule is doing great portraing of all the characters in a respectful and cool manner. People just seem to be bitter because of previous writers treated Gambit in a way that they don't approve. Enjoy this great book and that Gambit is a part of it. He could be in Gold, being murdered by Guggenheim, he is very lucky. A few years ago, only Scott, Emma, Logan and a few others would be in an important book like this one. I understand some frustrations... Storm is being portraid like an incompetent for a few years. So enjoy this one, because it can last just a little.
    Nah. Psylocke already defeated OML.

But Gambit was lame theif in #1(it was too hard for him to steal smth) and was possessed as fool in issue #4.
    I will wait till the end of arc to judge because I still wait for some twist with Gambit and Logan. But I doubt it really wil happen.

Also I think Soule will use Gambit in issue 5 for Bishop to shine. Will see.

Some of you guys complain a lot about Gambit, Oh My! This book has had more dialogue than big action sequences focused on one character (Logan being the exception). Look at Psylocke... she had even less space to fight. Mystique and Fantomex did less than Gambit. And so on... Gambit is being very focused on fighting just now that he is possessed, because he was being trapped before inside the Astral plane. Now is the time for him to be back and fight, just like Logan was also controlled. And Logan is a very strong minded person, as edition 3 showed us. If he was controlled, Gambit could be too.

Besides, we don't know what the thing about Xavier is. Why he gave up on Logan and Gambit so easily. And if Gambit is being badass while being controlled, that just show how powerful he is. And that he is a hero for not being exploding buildings just because he can, but that he uses his powers with responsability.

Soule is doing great portraing of all the characters in a respectful and cool manner. People just seem to be bitter because of previous writers treated Gambit in a way that they don't approve. Enjoy this great book and that Gambit is a part of it. He could be in Gold, being murdered by Guggenheim, he is very lucky. A few years ago, only Scott, Emma, Logan and a few others would be in an important book like this one. I understand some frustrations... Storm is being portraid like an incompetent for a few years. So enjoy this one, because it can last just a little.
    The issue is the reason why he was possessed. OML got a story of his own to explain his possession.

The chump Gambit got possessed because he wuvs Rogue. Rogue broke free because she is over the chump. So tired of this chump chasing Rogue begging for some.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Well... love is a thing that always comes back to bite you in the ass. I think it's cute that Remy can get his ego aside to tell Rogue that he really cares about her. And after the conversation, Rogue let her walls down and responded to Gambit's feelings. If it wasn't for Xavier being a c*ck blocker, we would have such a great moment with the two of them, lol.

I see the frustration 'cause Logan got his own issue... It was the issue I liked the least. But what can we do, writers love to focus on him. And although I like Gambit very much, I'm happy that Soule didn't focus a whole edition on him. We have a big group of characters and only a book for month, it'd be tiring to have to wait so long to see the story developing and to see more of the other characters. I believe issue 5 will show us a lot of good Gambit moments, and shine a light on Xavier wierd behaviour. He surely let Gambit down.

And Gambit had one of the greatest moments of this book so far. I just loved this so much. Fantomex saw it coming

Sem título.jpg

Rogue didn't let her feelings down hence why Xavier could reach her. Xavier couldn't reach Gambit because the chump was caught up in the illusion and his love for Rogue.

So no one is asking for a whole issue about Gambit. The point is Logan has motivations all his own. Rogue can keep her eyes on the prize and has put her love of Gambit in the proper place ie the past while the chump Gambit is running around getting possessed because the idiot would rather live this lie on the astral plane where he and Rogue are still madly in love rather than deal with reality and the issue at hand.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Rogue didn't let her feelings down hence why Xavier could reach her. Xavier couldn't reach Gambit because the chump was caught up in the illusion and his love for Rogue.

So no one is asking for a whole issue about Gambit. The point is Logan has motivations all his own. Rogue can keep her eyes on the prize and has put her love of Gambit in the proper place ie the past while the chump Gambit is running around getting possessed because the idiot would rather live this lie on the astral plane where he and Rogue are still madly in love rather than deal with reality and the issue at hand.
    I'm wondering if Rogue and Gambit really ever really together at all after they entered that door. Maybe Rogue was always an illusion to Remy and she saw through her version and that's how xavier got her.

IF this is Xavier since his speech bubbles are black.

And one thing I don't understand about this arc:

Is the Astral plane where telepaths use their abilities? When Psylocke shut down the SK before Emma lost her telepathy because the Astral plane was pretty much locked.

So why aren't telepaths locked out now? Or involved more....shouldn't they sense the SK? or shouldn't he be able to get to the other telepaths without worrying about Psylocke and et al?
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 10-27-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Well... love is a thing that always comes back to bite you in the ass. I think it's cute that Remy can get his ego aside to tell Rogue that he really cares about her. And after the conversation, Rogue let her walls down and responded to Gambit's feelings. If it wasn't for Xavier being a c*ck blocker, we would have such a great moment with the two of them, lol.

I see the frustration 'cause Logan got his own issue... It was the issue I liked the least. But what can we do, writers love to focus on him. And although I like Gambit very much, I'm happy that Soule didn't focus a whole edition on him. We have a big group of characters and only a book for month, it'd be tiring to have to wait so long to see the story developing and to see more of the other characters. I believe issue 5 will show us a lot of good Gambit moments, and shine a light on Xavier wierd behaviour. He surely let Gambit down.

And Gambit had one of the greatest moments of this book so far. I just loved this so much. Fantomex saw it coming

Sem título.jpg
    Yeah, that puch is golden
    Totally love it. My fave scene from book.

I think you might have interpreted too much out of Gambit being left, while Rogue was saved. Charles only said that he tried, but couldn't save Gambit. We still don't know why Shadow King was able to take him. Again, if he took Logan, he could take Remy too. Maybe he has reasons for choosing him. Or maybe Xavier didn't try enough to save Gambit. This bald man seems to be crazier than ever. And Mystique and Fantomex were also taking advantage of being in the Astral Plane, yet, they were saved. This might not be the reason. Your interpretation could be a possibility though, but it is too soon to be sure.

If somehowe Gambit is tricking SK with possession then it would be such awesome. Like in old good X-Treme days. But I think it is too much too hope

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

This art looks cool indeed. Very clear and detailed. Also Betsy being a boss again. Gotta love her.