Default Bring back the daughter of Lex Luthor.

Now than Superman has his own son and Zod also is taking care of his offspring, I think is time to consider the return of the daughter of Lex Luthor. Call her Lena or Alexis or Ardora to avoid confusion but bring her back. What you you think? Good idea? Bad idea ? Horrible idea? or fantastic?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I heard that one "daughter"(adult woman) of Lex Luthor appeared in JL... Thanks to her, Batman used the current Apokolips Lex armor..

Maybe. But if it did happen I'd pretty much want a line drawn there. With Jon, probably lots more Kathy in the future, definitely more of the new Lor-Zod, and potentially Lena, I'd say that's plenty of children supporting characters at that point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

First of all, I'm not totally convinced that Lex would want a kid. Secondly, I certainly wouldn't want yet another Superman to suddenly have a twelve year old when the previous year he was fairly happily single. Of course, I suppose that if we kept the Contessa Erica Alexandra del Portenza in about real time, I suppose Lex's daughter Lena would be about twenty, since she was born what, in 1998? '97?

Of course, basically none of the things that happened to Lena since then make sense, and since keeping that event in real-time flubs up ages and such almost as badly as Jon... No, maybe Lena could have been conceived when Lex was young (Erica, of course, being basically unaging- does anyone know if Lena can do that?) and raised by her mother until very recently.

I still don't necessarily like the idea of Lena being the same age as Jon, but since I think of Lex as being older than Superman as well (which admittedly works better when Superman isn't a dad) I think that could carry over decently into the next generation.

Here's another idea, since Ardora came up - why not do that? Instead of giving Lex an adult daughter, or a young teenager or whatever, give him a baby again, and bring back his alien wife and the whole planet Lexor. He goes back there in green and blue, bringing Kal with him in tow, also wearing green and blue, and explains that he's "reformed" that asshole, Superman, and now they're colleagues.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

I'd rather see Clark get HIS daughter back, and then if/once Linda returns, bring HER daughter back.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

It's not gonna happen. The whole Lex-as-president/Brainiac 13 thing (which tied into "Y2K," of all things) is clearly no longer canonical. No one remembers it.

TBH I hated Lex as prez. If he'd become mayor of Metropolis I would've liked that. But making him president makes it far too clear that Earth-Zero isn't "our world."

The only Lena Luthor we'll ever see again is Lex's sister. Best to move on from 17 years ago, I guess.

Incredible Member

I think part of what I liked about President Luthor was how much it underlined that the DCU wasn't our world. I want Alan Scott and Ted Knight rescuing Apollo 13 and whatnot. Always liked how, with Marvel, Toro killed Hitler.

As for his daughter, she was last seen with the implication that the Linear Men were abducting her. I'd riff on that in Super-Sons. Just say she's from a partially deleted timeline where Lex was president. I really expected Impulse to appear in Supersons by now as well, as I think he'd be fun with Damian and Jon --- and my impression of Wally is that he's more of the next age tier up (the almost college set) alongside Supergirl.

Superman's son. Batman's son. Flash's grandson. Hey, Flashes always get to the finish line faster.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Oh we're gonna get Bart Allen back. As Impulse, I'm sure, not as Kid Flash. Will he stay in the 21st century? Dunno. Probably in the Legion, I'm betting.