Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 196 to 203 of 203
  1. #196
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Perhaps, I have used the term since I was a kid in late 1980s. But, I'm sure somebody used it before then.
    kinda like how i’ve always called cells dividing abnormally “cancer” since i was a kid and when i grew up, i found out other people did too

    in seriousness though, for those interested:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puer...r_Pan_syndrome
    troo fan or death

  2. #197
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    kinda like how i’ve always called cells dividing abnormally “cancer” since i was a kid and when i grew up, i found out other people did too
    Believe what you want. *shrugs* I've always used the term, likely I picked it up from somebody else at some point early in my life. One of my uncles is a university professor of sociology, so maybe it was him.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-01-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  3. #198
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Believe what you want. *shrugs* I've always used the term, likely I picked it up from somebody else at some point early in my life. One of my uncles is a university professor of sociology, so maybe it was him.
    it’s cool man, just kidding with you
    troo fan or death

  4. #199
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it’s cool man, just kidding with you
    No problem, getting back to Spidey like I've said before I'm not sure a reboot would ever work because of the connected universe. One thing I like about Marvel is that unlike DC they don't reboot the continuity ever five minutes. lol
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  5. #200
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    If I wanted to read heroes get rebooted every few years, I'd read DC. No thanks.
    Powered by logic™

  6. #201
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    If I wanted to read heroes get rebooted every few years, I'd read DC. No thanks.
    crisis on infinite numbered marvel universes.

    you know you’d buy it
    troo fan or death

  7. #202
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    crisis on infinite numbered marvel universes.

    you know you’d buy it
    Nah, I hate events.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  8. #203
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Nah, I hate events.
    i was being...y’know...satiricacacalistic
    troo fan or death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •