Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Love this scene...

Yeah, it shows how respectful Superman is. Even though putting handcuffs might be silly or even stupid, he still let them do it and doesn't laugh about it, but actually cares enough to explain Lois why he let them do it. I also like how he immediately discards the idea of being controlled. He is here to help. to do good, so why would you need to control someone like that unless you have ulterior motives? BvS explores that idea further with that news montage

Superman challenges humans to stop looking at everything from political point of view. If you can help - just help, it's not that hard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But Clark Kent has had plenty of friends. Pete Ross, Lana Lang, later on Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, just a few I can think of off the top of my head. That was sort of the problem
    of Cavill's portrayal. Not enough Clark Kent. Jimmy Olsen was one of Clark's best friends and Zack Snyder thought it would be fun to kill Jimmy without even showing the two interacting.

None of those characters truly knew him, though. Not a single one. So yeah, he was always somewhat isolated, and its always been a part of the character, deliberately so. Hence his joy at finding Kara, as he stated in COIE Iirc.

Yeah he needs Clark to keep him grounded and humble. Otherwise he become too detached. He needs CLARK(public mild mannered Clark Disguise and connection to normal humans, that is. Superman is the real Clark Kent+Kal-El) to keep him humanized. Not Lois.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Zack Snyder's Superman "Doesn't Even Smiles" The Series

I posted this in another thread but copied and pasted it to here because it should have more properly been posted here to begin with.

I think that, physically, Cavill is the best live action Superman yet moving ahead of George Reeves.

I also started watching MoS again and this is only the third time I've ever seen it. But I've really paid attention to the details this time and it causes me to find most of the criticisms, my own included, absurd and unfounded. I got through the first hour tonight. But alas couldn't finish it tonight as morning is coming awful early. But a quick couple of points is that people just get to where Jonathan Kent says "Maybe" and then get so fixated on that that they ignore the rest of the conversation between him and Clark and pretty much ignore anything and everything good about the rest of the movie when, in fact, the conversation between Jonathan and Clark is a wonderful talk and makes some fantastic points about who each of them is, about the ramifications of Clark's existence being far bigger than their immediate lives and who lives and how it's going to change everything: philosophy, religion, how humanity sees itself in the universe.

I could go on about how great this Lois Lane is and how they are actual adults who are drawn to each other for real reasons as opposed to a previous version of the story in the movies.

But the main thing I thought about is the accusation of how joyless this movie was which was a very common one. I even remember Richard Roeper saying that. But I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation between Jonathan and Clark and saw a father trying to protect his son in a very harsh and realistic world and I heard Lois Lane say that the only way he could really vanish would be to stop helping people and her every instinct tells her that's not an option for him and I saw a woman, a reporter, willing to drop a story for the greater good and to protect someone and a flight sequence that made me smile and smile because he was having fun, enjoying the thrill of having the power of flight and his laughter and joy were contagious.

I was enjoying all of this, a Lois who is a real person and who I can see why Superman falls for her, real interactions between characters in a realistic world. I was enjoying all of it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Here are some of the close ups at the newspapers in Wallace's appratment which indicate Superman helping all around the world and preventing some world wide cataclysms