Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    He is a nerd, a big wonderful beautiful nerd, and if you don't want Superman to be a nerd then I don't even know what to tell you.
    I think Superman would be proud of being a nerd. It did get him an amazing job, after all.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

This is amazing.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

This is amazing.
    I will always love Henry and his portrayal of Superman. He will always be remembered. Sometimes legends have to be torn apart and rebuilt from the ground up so that people can understand why are they legends in the first place and that a symbol is only as good as the man wearing it. The DCEU proves that Superman is more than his powers, his symbol or the ideals that he embodies; he is first and foremost, a man trying to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I will always love Henry and his portrayal of Superman. He will always be remembered. Sometimes legends have to be torn apart and rebuilt from the ground up so that people can understand why are they legends in the first place and that a symbol is only as good as the man wearing it. The DCEU proves that Superman is more than his powers, his symbol or the ideals that he embodies; he is first and foremost, a man trying to do the right thing.
    Yeah, I personally get to appreciate hero more after watching him go through some harsh issues and self discovering questions of his or hers place in this world, especially with Superman because he is an alien. You appreciate light more after bring in the darkness.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cool that Snyder keep revealing to fans the little secrets of his movies.

Jay Oliva talks about the original JL's third act, before reshoots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4c...outu.be&t=6205

BANNED

Christopher MacQuarrie discusses his vision for "Man of Steel 2" in a Collider interview..but doesn't expect a call to come

http://collider.com/christopher-mcqu...-green-lantern

““Many, many people have asked, many, many, many times. I had an awesome conversation with Henry Cavill about an awesome version of Superman while we were on set. You’re sitting around of hours, waiting for stuff to be built so I can put Henry in it, and throw him off a cliff, or freeze him to death. And we talked about a really awesome version of Superman.

[That’s] the movie Henry wants. There’s a really, really beautiful version of that, and I honestly can’t speak for the people who are responsible for making those decisions, except to say it’s part of a giant corporate mechanism. I’m one guy. I can stand up and turn around, turn my back to you instantly, a giant corporation that’s in the middle of a merger with another giant corporation is an aircraft carrier in a broom closet being asked to turn around. Part of my job, and what’s made my being a director so much more easy in this business, was ultimately coming to terms with the fact that the people that I’m sitting across from have much bigger problems than I do. They just do. And I sympathize with those problems, ’cause before I used to just view them as incredibly obtuse, and they don’t know what movies are about. Of course they do. They all love movies.

So I just sit quietly off to the side, and people say, ‘Hey, would you make Superman?’ And I just keep responding, ‘Well, they know where to find me. They know where to call me,’ but I don’t expect the phone to ring. I don’t expect that to happen.”

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Last time I checked, during the New52, Batman didn't become the main star of the Superman books right after a retelling of Supes origin.
    Looking at you Max Landis and Superman: Agent of Batman.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

I love that BvS had the guts to show that being Superman is not easy at all. He constantly has to wonder "what if?" and "could I've done more?". Having so much power and yet not being able to save every single one is a huge burden and yet he keeps going. That's his true power. It couldn't be more inspirational for my daily life than what BvS gave me with Superman, who keeps on doing the right thing even when it feels like the entire world is against you.

You could say that BvS gave a more serious depiction of Superman Returns' "Everyday I hear people crying for one [savior]".

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I love that BvS had the guts to show that being Superman is not easy at all. He constantly has to wonder "what if?" and "could I've done more?". Having so much power and yet not being able to save every single one is a huge burden and yet he keeps going. That's his true power. It couldn't be more inspirational for my daily life than what BvS gave me with Superman, who keeps on doing the right thing even when it feels like the entire world is against you.

You could say that BvS gave a more serious depiction of Superman Returns' "Everyday I hear people crying for one [savior]".
    Agreed. It's definitely fun to be Superman, but it can't always be easy.

People on Reddit liked your tweet/post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...ling_in_front/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    People on Reddit liked your tweet/post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...ling_in_front/
    Wow, thanks! Unfortunately some users misunderstood why I picked this scene to talk about Superman's heroics. I clarified in this thread if interested.

Wow, thanks! Unfortunately some users misunderstood why I picked this scene to talk about Superman's heroics. I clarified in this thread if interested.
    Oh, I didn't read all the comments, there are too many. I think some users made a similar point to your's to the negative posters.