Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Didn't he want to have a post-credit scene with Bruce Wayne getting some Kryptonite? Nolan and Goyer were the ones who wanted a Superman trilogy. Snyder wanted to bring Batman into the picture. After Avengers broke the box office WB sided with Snyder's idea of bringing in the DCU. Originally the official line was that WB preferred to focus on solo offerings over team-ups since JL: Mortal collapsed. And now we've come full circle: Solo films over bis team-ups.
    Where did you hear this? WB had been trying to get a JL movie out for years. I seriously doubt Snyder just directed a Superman movie for no other reason than to bring in Batman.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-11-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where did you hear this? WB had been trying to get a JL movie out for years. I seriously doubt Snyder just directed a Superman movie for no other reason than to bring in Batman.
    Didn't say he did, I just heard he wanted to bring in the DCU while Nolan and Goyer wanted to keep Superman stand-alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Exactly.

If the next solos will be successful, they'll go back to want to do team-ups.
    They've said as much. Frankly I would not do a JL2 until ALL of the characters you want to use have had at least one successful solo movie. That includes Superman since while I liked MoS flaws aside, Supes needs a clear-cut win like what Thor got. I'm not saying they should literally copy Thor 3, just saying he needs a runaway hit like that.

Master Hero Vladimir

Ok, guys, with SDCC coming soon, we might get some news from DC Films about a new Superman movie. Still, I have to ask, what is DC waiting for? They are moving forward with movies for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, the Flash and even the Joker, but what about Superman? I'm a huge Superman fan and I don't want DC and Warner to give him the Star Fox treatment, relegating him to cameos and appearances in ensemble movies while moving the DCEU forward. Superman deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    JL was screwed by having to establish Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman. I thought it was like a Bayformers movie: utterly shallow but somewhat entertaining. I still think whatever Snyder was making would have been much worse though. I get what Whedon was trying to do with the opening interview, humanize Supes, show that he was an approachable guy instead of a self-absorbed depressed god that Snyder characterized. But the awful CGI just ruined the effort.

But like you said it basically soft-rebooted Supes so whoever come next has a clean slate to do what they want. I just hope someone will come along to make use of it.
    I basically think they did as well as they could in establishing three super-heroes to helm their own sub-franchises, plus soft-rebooting both Superman and Batman, considering that they had a two-hour time limit to work with. I'd be very interested to see what Snyder was going to do though, as literally the only thing I straight up hated about BvS was the Knightmare Superman.

I think JL's soft-reboot elements went off pretty well, and the movie even kept the whole "care for marginalized groups" thing I loved so much in BvS, albeit mostly through Arthur and Barry. I did want more screen time for Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash and Wonder Woman, but ah well.

I actually love the hippo kids though. The less than perfect CG doesn't ruin the scene at all for me.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Ok, guys, with SDCC coming soon, we might get some news from DC Films about a new Superman movie. Still, I have to ask, what is DC waiting for? They are moving forward with movies for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, the Flash and even the Joker, but what about Superman? I'm a huge Superman fan and I don't want DC and Warner to give him the Star Fox treatment, relegating him to cameos and appearances in ensemble movies while moving the DCEU forward. Superman deserves better.
    There’s an old joke on this sub-forum that DC has a three stage Superman cycle
    1. Superman Origin
    2. Superman Dies
    3. Superman turns evil
    They’ve done all three of those and now they’re stumped .

But seriously it’s because they need a director and a writer, and they’re not sure Supes will be a hit. Whoever comes next (assuming anyone does) might want to recast or make retcons. The next Batman film might not star Affleck. Cavill seems to love the role, so I believe he will keep being Supes, but does Adams still want to be Lois at this point? Can Fishbourne come back, I know Marvel has clauses in their contracts that state you can’t do a DC movie. We’ll see. Right now I don’t think there’s much enthusiasm for another Superman movie at WB. If Aquaman And Shazam bomb that will be it for the Snyderverse. They’ll cancel everything besides WW and Batman and reboot in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Honestly, if I was WB I would let Henry have direct input on the script, director and casting of an MOS sequel. What do they have to lose? If it doesn't work, then they tried at least and Henry got four films as Superman. They could then just reboot everything a few years from now.
    I agree, WB has nothing to lose at this point. Henry's Superman really needs a sequel to cement his legacy. He needs to finally be allowed to play the real Superman. Justice League was just a little taste, it wasn't enough to really see his full potential. Just look at wonder woman movie as the template to follow. that movie had a great mix of dark and light that would fit Superman better than what Snyder did, IMO. Personally, I want Brainiac!

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I basically think they did as well as they could in establishing three super-heroes to helm their own sub-franchises, plus soft-rebooting both Superman and Batman, considering that they had a two-hour time limit to work with. I'd be very interested to see what Snyder was going to do though, as literally the only thing I straight up hated about BvS was the Knightmare Superman.

I think JL's soft-reboot elements went off pretty well, and the movie even kept the whole "care for marginalized groups" thing I loved so much in BvS, albeit mostly through Arthur and Barry. I did want more screen time for Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash and Wonder Woman, but ah well.

I actually love the hippo kids though. The less than perfect CG doesn't ruin the scene at all for me.
    I also love the opening scene of Superman with the kids. Henry did very well and showed he can be a warm and friendly Superman. I actually really like JL. It had flaws but I loved all the characters and their chemistry was spot on!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Regarding some of your discussions of a Knightmare scene and the inspirations. Do you realize that Knightmare sequence has a lot more in common with two last episodes of everyone's beloved TAS series than with Injustice? You should rewatch those, it literally has same story going on, but without Lois dying. Superman is brainwashed by Darkseid to believe that he was raised on Apokolipse. He becomes general of Darkseid's army and leads an invasion on Earth with Parademons by his side. He almost kills Supergirl. He gets snapped out of brainwash by Lois. He goes rampage on Darkseid himself and almost loses control to kill him. The entire cartoon show ends with Earth losing faith in Superman and Lois reassuring him that in time the trust will come back. That's the ending of a kids show and you call Zack Snyder's version dark, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Regarding some of your discussions of a Knightmare scene and the inspirations. Do you realize that Knightmare sequence has a lot more in common with two last episodes of everyone's beloved TAS series than with Injustice? You should rewatch those, it literally has same story going on, but without Lois dying. Superman is brainwashed by Darkseid to believe that he was raised on Apokolipse. He becomes general of Darkseid's army and leads an invasion on Earth with Parademons by his side. He almost kills Supergirl. He gets snapped out of brainwash by Lois. He goes rampage on Darkseid himself and almost loses control to kill him. The entire cartoon show ends with Earth losing faith in Superman and Lois reassuring him that in time the trust will come back. That's the ending of a kids show and you call Zack Snyder's version dark, lol.
    I haven't seen the Superman TAS in a while, but if Superman was fully established when this story happened then it's fine. Henry's Superman was not when BvS happened, and his version of the character was very different to what most were used to, so it became even harder to accept for many. It's why JL was changed from 2 movies to one.

Incredible Member

Never said your opinion was invalid nor was I necessarily referring to you, but I find it interesting you immediately assumed both.
    The only reason why I brought it up is because I've seen a few times where posters such as Sacred, Docha, Last son and ascended have brought up great points in arguments only for people to devalue it by mentioning their shipping history and I would never speak for them but for me it annoys me that people gatekeep on who is allowed opinions or not, so are you happy with the Psychoanalysis?

And " everyone" doesn't agree in lockstep on the lack of chemistry.It's subjective. It's your opinion that is at least somewhat colored by the fact you don't like Lois Lane as a character. Just as my opinion is somewhat colored by the fact I like Lois Lane. Still both are subjective.
    Thank you for the lesson and yes your right that saying everyone is subjective, maybe i should have mentioned that when mentioning BVS many, many flaws it appeared quite a number of times.

If you are referring to Lois " stealing" screentime from Clark in BvS...wow. You do realize Lois is part and parcel of the Superman myth from ACTION #1? I mean by that measure Alfred and Gordon are stealing screentime from Batman in Batman movies and Aunt May is stealing screen time from Peter in Spider-man movies. Should we get rid of them from those movies too?

Lois Lane is part of the Superman myth. Its just the way it is.
    You're right, instead of learning about clarks motivation or feelings in the film we should follow a investigation about some specific metal that has a paper clipping payoff in the theatrical version.
    And sarcasm aside yes I'm aware of the history but honestly I just wanted a discussion about how this history has developed into "relationship goals" where Lois has become the reason Clark continues to be a Superhero and not turn into a tyrant and I would much prefer the direction of the character be turned away from that but I don't see it any time soon. Do you see that happening with Alfred, Detective Gordan or Aunt May? (I'd be really worried if last one did)

And when did I bring up Wonder Woman in this part you quoted? But yes, I dont want to see significant screen time given to Bruce, Barry or Arthur or, yes, Diana in an MOS sequel. The most they should appear is a reference or cameo. It should be a movie focused on Superman and his world. Of all the DCEU characters he needs a showcase focused on him and redefining his part of the post Snyder landscape.
    The only reason I brought up wonder woman is because she was one of the few positive appearances in BVS rather then say Special Agent Jimmy Olsen but it is interesting that you think I assumed you specified wonder woman.
    And yes I hope they focus on Superman in his hopeful sequel too, I just doubt it from what I've seen on screen before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Do you see that happening with Alfred, Detective Gordan or Aunt May? (I'd be really worried if last one did)
    Well it's because of Aunt May that the Marvel universe is basically a devil-run hell hole...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Poor Henry, he can't catch a break: https://etcanada.com/news/346694/hen...lled-a-rapist/

Cavill's response through his agent Dany Garcia: https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...28424141492224

BANNED

Poor Henry, he can't catch a break: https://etcanada.com/news/346694/hen...lled-a-rapist/

Cavill's response through his agent Dany Garcia: https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...28424141492224
    A bum deal, but thank god I clicked that because I feared something far worse had come to pass

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

My heart literally skipped a beat before i read the article. I was like " oh no...not you too, Henry."
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.