Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

I rather have nothing if the only option is something that insults Superman and his myth.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I rather have nothing if the only option is something that insults Superman and his myth.
    There is another alternative. Have something that is it's own thing and not entirely dependent on another character yet keeps that other character in the public mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There is another alternative. Have something that is it's own thing and not entirely dependent on another character yet keeps that other character in the public mind.
    Superman isn't leaving the public mind.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yes.

Also, these movies aren't "dominating" anything. If WB wants to let the Bat sit on top of this pile, let them. It's a pile of garbage and the Bat is welcome to it. The fact that WB wants to run with Kara when they can't even get Clark right should be proof that they shouldn't be doing Kara at all.
    Yes there really is no guarantee that they won't find some way to **** up Kara as well.

The only hero they haven't harmed is Wonder Woman. There are of course divisions in her fanbase, but they are kind of minor compared to everything else going on with the DCEU. I'm hopeful for Shazam and Aquaman (especially the former), but they had not earned our total trust at all yet. They don't get our trust that any plans for Supergirl are good for either her or Clark yet, especially if they want her to replace him as the face of the franchise, which is a big middle finger to him. The general public has rejected their Superman for the most part not because of any inherent weakness in the character or lack of interest, but entirely due to their execution. It's punishing the character for their mess ups.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes there really is no guarantee that they won't find some way to **** up Kara as well.

The only hero they haven't harmed is Wonder Woman. There are of course divisions in her fanbase, but they are kind of minor compared to everything else going on with the DCEU. I'm hopeful for Shazam and Aquaman (especially the former), but they had not earned our total trust at all yet. They don't get our trust that any plans for Supergirl are good for either her or Clark yet, especially if they want her to replace him as the face of the franchise, which is a big middle finger to him. The general public has rejected their Superman for the most part not because of any inherent weakness in the character or lack of interest, but entirely due to their execution. It's punishing the character for their mess ups.
    But pretty much most of the damage to Superman was done by Zack Snyder and the other people in charge at the time. Now Snyder is gone and so are most of those other people in charge. So no one knows
    what WB movies will be like in the future. WB got Batman right when Christopher Nolan was making the Batman movies. So WB hasn't always made bad movies. It only started when they let Zack Snyder have
    the keys to the kingdom. And without the legacy of the Zack Snyder Superman and Hamada now in charge WB can start fresh and we could just as easily get a Supergirl movie every bit as good as Wonder Woman
    or the Nolan Batman movies. It will be their Supergirl, not Zack Snyder's dystopian view of the characters.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Zack Snyder's new post on Vero:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

“Spoiler alert. For what it’s worth, the Superman cameo in Shazam! is supposed to be Clark at the end of the movie meeting with Billy Batson, the kid who plays Shazam and telling him “Hey, I’m gonna keep an eye on you” that kind of thing.”

https://pursuenews.com/rumor-superma...ovie-revealed/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    “Spoiler alert. For what it’s worth, the Superman cameo in Shazam! is supposed to be Clark at the end of the movie meeting with Billy Batson, the kid who plays Shazam and telling him “Hey, I’m gonna keep an eye on you” that kind of thing.”

https://pursuenews.com/rumor-superma...ovie-revealed/
    So i bet that will be Henry's last appearance to finish up his obligations and contract. Then we won't probably see Superman on screen for another decade.

God how i hate WB right now.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So i bet that will be Henry's last appearance to finish up his obligations and contract. Then we won't probably see Superman on screen for another decade.

God how i hate WB right now.
    Nah, it was removed, they're not going to filming the scene.

I see now:

Justice League did had another freaking Flight scene to parallel Man of Steel after Superman was reborn. Who the hell at WB thought that it should be cut, but Superman being asked if he fought a hippo left? Jesus Christ...
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 09-12-2018 at 11:17 PM.

They cut the scenes considered irrelevant to the plot to keep the movie under 2 hours. smh.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

They cut the scenes considered irrelevant to the plot to keep the movie under 2 hours. smh.
    And they only cut the movie to under 2 hours because of a mandate by the studio execs to maximize box office while also refusing to delay the movie despite losing their director due to a family tragedy and reshoots that would require spending millions CGIing a mustache off Superman. All so the same studio exec could get a bonus before moving on to another job.

Hollywood is rarely in the business of making decisions that make movies better. Their treatment of the DC properties is Exhibit A.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And they only cut the movie to under 2 hours because of a mandate by the studio execs to maximize box office while also refusing to delay the movie despite losing their director due to a family tragedy and reshoots that would require spending millions CGIing a mustache off Superman. All so the same studio exec could get a bonus before moving on to another job.

Hollywood is rarely in the business of making decisions that make movies better. Their treatment of the DC properties is Exhibit A.
    I'd like to know what weird mandate required to add a pink filter to the whole movie.

or is Joss Whedon colorblind?

I'd like to know what weird mandate required to add a pink filter to the whole movie.
    Apokolips dust/pre-Armageddon light

Sunrise.

It cleared up when S & F race