Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

This is awesome.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This is awesome.

I'd suggest that you edit the post so that it also links to the original artist, as far too often people only post the artwork itself without a way to reach the artist.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

If you think about it, being superhero with powers of Superman is pretty easy and non consequential. So one of my favorite parts in BvS was when Batman called out Superman on that when he said "You are not brave. Men are brave", meaning that from his point of view Superman is who he is only because he has powers that allow him to never get hurt by anything on Earth, so he can easily swoop into any disaster and come out clean and safe. But when the moment for truth came, Superman showed his true colors when with full understanding that he might die, went to Doomsday with spear to save the world once again at the cost of his own life. After being exposed to kryptonite and knowing that he can bleed and be killed, he still decided to act heroically despite what Batman said, because he is brave not because of his powers, but because he Clark Kent/Kal-El, a person with heroic heart. And it was so impactful that the entire Metropolis went to his funeral and Batman was redeemed from his own darkness and scepticism because of how awesome and brave Superman actually came out to be. The more I think about it, the more I love it for this message.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    If you think about it, being superhero with powers of Superman is pretty easy and non consequential. So one of my favorite parts in BvS was when Batman called out Superman on that when he said "You are not brave. Men are brave", meaning that from his point of view Superman is who he is only because he has powers that allow him to never get hurt by anything on Earth, so he can easily swoop into any disaster and come out clean and safe. But when the moment for truth came, Superman showed his true colors when with full understanding that he might die, went to Doomsday with spear to save the world once again at the cost of his own life. After being exposed to kryptonite and knowing that he can bleed and be killed, he still decided to act heroically despite what Batman said, because he is brave not because of his powers, but because he Clark Kent/Kal-El, a person with heroic heart. And it was so impactful that the entire Metropolis went to his funeral and Batman was redeemed from his own darkness and scepticism because of how awesome and brave Superman actually came out to be. The more I think about it, the more I love it for this message.
    No I think Clark proved Bruce wrong by continuing to fight even when he was out matched. That's bravery in my book. Bruce immediately back away when Clark's powers come back. Bruce is always fights from a position of strength so what does he really know about being brave? Weak and Cowardly lot indeed.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    No I think Clark proved Bruce wrong by continuing to fight even when he was out matched. That's bravery in my book. Bruce immediately back away when Clark's powers come back. Bruce is always fights from a position of strength so what does he really know about being brave? Weak and Cowardly lot indeed.
    Both arguments are valid but Batman isn't cowardly for getting surprised that Superman is getting his powers back. Sure, fear is understandable, but Batman is taking on an immortal alien with superpowers who isn't fighting with lethal intent. In fact, Batman's getting angrier that Superman is proving to be human than he thought.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Both arguments are valid but Batman isn't cowardly for getting surprised that Superman is getting his powers back. Sure, fear is understandable, but Batman is taking on an immortal alien with superpowers who isn't fighting with lethal intent. In fact, Batman's getting angrier that Superman is proving to be human than he thought.
    Cool way of looking at it.

This is probably the reason they will never draw this costume in comics, because it would be hella difficult to draw these detailed textures every time for every panel.
    If they were going to draw every detail by hand? Yeah that'd be impossible. But any art program worth its salt is going to have texture apps, and you can apply those with a quick swipe of the stylus. If DC wanted to, they could include textures like that in their comics. It's probably a little more time consuming and/or costly to print, maybe, but it doesn't put any undue strain on the art team.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This is awesome.

Sadly, that looks better and more interesting than the movie was.

Though its weird that Vic's face is turned away from us. Don't care for that, the best part of his visual is his face.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    We not gonna sit here and pretend that Bruce wasn’t ready to squabble up right than and there with the super powered alien god yeh first time they face to face (in their work clothes).

Clark tore open his car and what does Bruce do? He calmly stands up than stares him down with no hesitation. I don’t know what more you can ask from a 45 year old man tbh

this baby is adorable. This is what Superman makes us young and old feel when done right. Bliss and wonder.

Director Chris McQuarrie on Henry Cavill's potential as an actor.

"he's so much more than Superman."

https://twitter.com/LinaDep/status/1042268117647413248

I'm of the opinion that Snyder never really knew how to use Henry's natural charm for Superman. On the contrary, he stripped all his charm away in BvS, sadly. We were left with a very brooding Man of Steel in that film.

But I did find Henry pretty charming in some scenes in Man of Steel, tho not as much as I wanted. Still much better than what I got in BvS.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

He really looks like a nerd

I kind of see him as a reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper.

BANNED

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Thanos shouldn't have killed Lois...

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

He is a nerd, a big wonderful beautiful nerd, and if you don't want Superman to be a nerd then I don't even know what to tell you.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."