Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I'll never understand the decision to take inspiration from injustice just two movies in. maybe towards the end and that's a big maybe but there are so much better stories out there then that nonsense.
    Well, it would have been towards the end. I suppose that in JL 2/3, Superman would have been brainwashed by Darkseid, creating an apocalyptic future that had to be prevented via time-travel.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Patty's movie was more accessible for a wider audience than the Snyder movies have been. JL was also more accessible than his movies but that movie had many problems from before they even started filming. The Wonder Woman movie had a more accessible and enjoyable vibe from the start that even kids could get into. I've seen many young girls loving this movie, my 8-y-o niece included. I think it's about making a great movie that is accessible for most. The Snyder movies (none of them) are like that. His style is not popular enough. I'm not saying his movies are terrible, I quite enjoy 300, BvS and love MOS, but he doesn't know how to make movies for the masses. He is too serious and melodramatic. He is not good at light-hearted. I'm sure he thinks it's too cheesy and corny..

Thankfully, Patty J. didn't agree with him and she incorporated elements and tones from Superman The Movie in her own WW movie. She said she grew up with STM and loved it, and it shows in WW. I really don't see how her approach could only work for Diana.. seriously, makes no sense. Snyder made some good stuff, but he also made big mistakes. Look at MOS and BvS' opening weekends, they were higher than WW's, but WW had more legs and better word of mouth. There was interest in Superman and Batman movies, but Snyder ruined it with his poor choices and storytelling style.

I mean, who would hate a lighthearted scene of Superman saving some kid and that kid showing his love for Superman in return? I'm sure people would love it, especially if we see Superman smiling more and just more comfortable and confident at being Eath's hero. I hated that he was mostly brooding and/or crying in BvS, or just too serious. It was not the right way to continue after how MOS divided the fandom and gen audiences.
    So you hated that they Treated Superman like a real person instead of a Cartoon? Snyder had a narrative Arc for Superman as shown in the deleted scenes (Funny how they always delete Snyder's scenes. Seems kinda like they're trying to paint a particular picture of his work) but the problem is people want things NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. That Instant Gratification before they move on to the next forgettable thing. Potato chips for the Brain. And No Warner's ruined it by Cutting down the movie and having it make no sense. And he did save a Kid in BvS. and look at the result. He doesn't want to be worshiped like a God but that's the only way this superstitious ass world can process someone like him. That's what his Dad was trying to protect him from until he was ready to face it head on.

After the #releasethesnydercut movement... https://twitter.com/hashtag/ReleaseManOfSteel2

People love to pursue unattainable dreams.

BANNED

So...

...Mission: Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    So you hated that they Treated Superman like a real person instead of a Cartoon?
    Yes. The way the cartoons treat Superman is far superior and far more respectful.

Upcoming JL extended version?

Justice League: Special Edition Runtime: 135 min.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu.../dp/B0794QWCJL

Edit: Nothing to see here, it looks like the runtime is a typo.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-18-2018 at 02:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Upcoming JL extended version?

Justice League: Special Edition Runtime: 135 min.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu.../dp/B0794QWCJL
    Just a normal DVD? No Blu-Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Just a normal DVD? No Blu-Ray?
    It seems so.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Man of Steel is going to be re-released with this new box art

BvS too, but no images for that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes. The way the cartoons treat Superman is far superior and far more respectful.
    More respectful to whom? To Superman? He's fictional, I promise you he doesn't mind what anyone does with him. To the fans? Many fans, myself a fan since '86, happen to think very highly of Snyder's version.

To your specific favored version? This is probably closer to what you meant. And I mean no disrespect, I just have found that every time someone says "this isn't how it should be done", what they really mean is "this isn't how I want it." Same applies to things like "they should listen to the fans" (aka, "they should listen to me"), and "this thing is disrespectful" (aka, "I don't like it").
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Man of Steel is going to be re-released with this new box art

BvS too, but no images for that yet.
    Man of Steel is one of my favorite movies ever. I think I've watched it four times.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    More respectful to whom? To Superman? He's fictional, I promise you he doesn't mind what anyone does with him. To the fans? Many fans, myself a fan since '86, happen to think very highly of Snyder's version.

To your specific favored version? This is probably closer to what you meant. And I mean no disrespect, I just have found that every time someone says "this isn't how it should be done", what they really mean is "this isn't how I want it." Same applies to things like "they should listen to the fans" (aka, "they should listen to me"), and "this thing is disrespectful" (aka, "I don't like it").
    Excellent argument, good sir! You've officially earned my respect.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 08-19-2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Grammar check.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Man of Steel is one of my favorite movies ever. I think I've watched it four times.
    I've probably watched MoS at least once a year since its release and it gets better with every rewatch.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post

SEE: the over the top reaction to MAN OF STEEL and STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    SEE: the over the top reaction to MAN OF STEEL and STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.
    The Last Jedi is what usually comes to mind when I see anyone say "listen to the fans". "Kennedy needs to listen to the fans! Lucasarts needs to ask the fans what they want!"

No. No they do not. lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."