Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

3 kryptonians from MoS...

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Supergirl movie is still in early development, things can change in the next months.
    Yeah, but announcing a movie about a supporting character instead of a movie for the protagonist just reeks of desperation. DC might as well be throwing everything they have at the wall to see what sticks. Whatever happens, I only hope Henry can play Superman again, because he doesn't deserve to pay for whatever mistakes DC Films made.

Last time I checked, during the New52, Batman didn't become the main star of the Superman books right after a retelling of Supes origin.
    Yeah? Well, the DCEU didn't put Superman in a relationship with Wonder Woman (it was good, but not as enjoyable as Clark/Lois), give him a weird-looking suit (I still have issues with the excessive seamlines and the high collar), turned him into a Doomsday-like monster (it really says something about the New 52 that this was one of the better Superman stories), drastically reduced his powers (Superman: Truth deconstructed Superman so stupidly that it was one of the worst attempts at character assassination since One More Day) and then killed him off to replace him with a classic version (by that point, it might as well be mercy killing).

Look, the New 52 wasn't a good time for Superman, as the writers in charge of each book were more interested in portraying their own version of Superman rather than delivering a single, more cohesive narrative. Personally, I think the New 52's ideas and concepts for Superman were better utilized in the DCEU. There, Superman feels more believable and his character development was more organic. This all might be inherent to the cinematic medium as a whole than something exclusive to the DCEU but I prefer the DCEU Superman over the New 52 Superman. Any day, no questions asked.

Say what you will about Zack, but he knows how to film a scene. Whatever happens, I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Yeah, but announcing a movie about a supporting character instead of a movie for the protagonist just reeks of desperation. DC might as well be throwing everything they have at the wall to see what sticks. Whatever happens, I only hope Henry can play Superman again, because he doesn't deserve to pay for whatever mistakes DC Films made.
    Not necessarily. Supergirl is an important and well liked character too. And with WB putting an emphasis on female characters after the success of Wonder Woman, making a sequel to Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, in some
    ways it would feel weird if Supergirl didn't get another movie. I suspect that with Gotham City Sirens dead we will probably get a Catwoman movie sometime too. And with the contract negotiations it might be a while before a
    MoS 2 comes along. So Supergirl keeps Kryptonians in the public eye until then. If the Supergirl movie is well made and makes a good amount of money it could further the chances of a MoS 2, perhaps with Supergirl and Superman
    teaming up. Thus attracting both the Supergirl audiences and the Superman audiences. Just waiting and throwing Supergirl into MoS 2 wouldn't have that effect. And it would waste time having to explain Supergirl's origins.
    Something a Supergirl movie would have already done if Supergirl comes out before MoS 2.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I hate you a little bit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not necessarily. Supergirl is an important and well liked character too. And with WB putting an emphasis on female characters after the success of Wonder Woman, making a sequel to Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, in some
    ways it would feel weird if Supergirl didn't get another movie. I suspect that with Gotham City Sirens dead we will probably get a Catwoman movie sometime too. And with the contract negotiations it might be a while before a
    MoS 2 comes along. So Supergirl keeps Kryptonians in the public eye until then. If the Supergirl movie is well made and makes a good amount of money it could further the chances of a MoS 2, perhaps with Supergirl and Superman
    teaming up. Thus attracting both the Supergirl audiences and the Superman audiences. Just waiting and throwing Supergirl into MoS 2 wouldn't have that effect. And it would waste time having to explain Supergirl's origins.
    Something a Supergirl movie would have already done if Supergirl comes out before MoS 2.
    In my opinion, I hope there are no other heroes in an MOS2 except maybe an after credits scene or a fleeting cameo or easter egg, that includes Supergirl. Superman and his close Metropolis and Smallville based worlds need to be the focus.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-09-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Double post...sorry....

Anyway....ladies and gentlemen...Mr.Conway Twitty!

Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-09-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    In my opinion, I hope there are no other heroes in an MOS2 except maybe an after credits scene or a fleeting cameo or easter egg, that includes Supergirl. Superman and his close Metropolis and Smallville based worlds need to be the focus. Now a stand alone Superman/ Supergirl movie after MOS2? I'd be more than cool with that.
    For me seeing Supergirl and Superman and Kara and Clark working together on "Supergirl" was just so much fun. I would love to see more of this and it doesn't look like the TV show is going to be able to use Superman anymore.
    Even if Kara isn't a reporter wanna-be in the movie, I still would like to have scenes of Kara and Clark working together too, and not just Supergirl and Superman punching the villain. They are going to need a female presence in
    the movie anyway and really Lois hasn't been all that interesting in the last few films. All the way back to Superman Returns. So why not Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    For me seeing Supergirl and Superman and Kara and Clark working together on "Supergirl" was just so much fun. I would love to see more of this and it doesn't look like the TV show is going to be able to use Superman anymore.
    Even if Kara isn't a reporter wanna-be in the movie, I still would like to have scenes of Kara and Clark working together too, and not just Supergirl and Superman punching the villain. They are going to need a female presence in
    the movie anyway and really Lois hasn't been all that interesting in the last few films. All the way back to Superman Returns. So why not Supergirl.
    In principle I agree, but i want the next Superman movie to Be an honest to God SUPERMAN movie. Period. His sequel was hijacked by Batman and Wonder Woman. As much as I like Kara, she's another Superhero. Let Kara have her spotlight, let Kal have his...THEN bring them together.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I feel bad for Henry. He's the best ambassador the character has had since Chris Reeve and if he doesn't get another shot because of WB's internal politics it'll be a crime.

Yeah? Well, the DCEU didn't put Superman in a relationship with Wonder Woman (it was good, but not as enjoyable as Clark/Lois), give him a weird-looking suit (I still have issues with the excessive seamlines and the high collar), turned him into a Doomsday-like monster (it really says something about the New 52 that this was one of the better Superman stories), drastically reduced his powers (Superman: Truth deconstructed Superman so stupidly that it was one of the worst attempts at character assassination since One More Day) and then killed him off to replace him with a classic version (by that point, it might as well be mercy killing).

Look, the New 52 wasn't a good time for Superman, as the writers in charge of each book were more interested in portraying their own version of Superman rather than delivering a single, more cohesive narrative. Personally, I think the New 52's ideas and concepts for Superman were better utilized in the DCEU. There, Superman feels more believable and his character development was more organic. This all might be inherent to the cinematic medium as a whole than something exclusive to the DCEU but I prefer the DCEU Superman over the New 52 Superman. Any day, no questions asked.

While I don't think the New 52 was quite as bad as you seem to feel it was...i agree overall the DCEU overall was far more coherent than the New 52, largely because for the most part it was the vision of Zack Snyder while Nuperman was the vision of multiple writers from multiple points of view, aside from Morrison's ACTION. Some of those visions worked ( Morrison....Greg Pak....Scott Snyder ) while some missed the mark to varying degrees( Perez, Jurgens, Johns) and some were unmittigated disasters ( Scott Lobdell, TRUTH in general) but there was no cohesion.

Overall there were things about it i liked...and things to this day I will forever shake my head at...but that's been my Superman fandom for the most part from about 2003-2016 in general.

Say what you will about Zack, but he knows how to film a scene. Whatever happens, I wish him the best.
    I still maintain time will ultimately much kinder to both MOS and BvS. MOS in particular. They have a visual language and depth that most other comic book based films wished they had.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.

I'm sure that Cavill's Superman fans are rooting for Idris Elba to get the job: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/actio...-actor-a162839

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-10-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Aww, Henry embodies the Superman so damn much. :')

If only Snyder allowed him to be himself in the films, we fans would be happier..

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    In principle I agree, but i want the next Superman movie to Be an honest to God SUPERMAN movie. Period. His sequel was hijacked by Batman and Wonder Woman. As much as I like Kara, she's another Superhero. Let Kara have her spotlight, let Kal have his...THEN bring them together.

Agreed. I want a SOLO Superman film Not another Superman film + other superheros...

come on, let the big guy have the complete spotlight like he so desperately deserves after BvS and JL... They can introduce Kara at the end if they want, but if she stars alongside Superman in the next "Superman" film then me and a legion of fans are going to feel cheated and very upset.