Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Have you actually played Injustice?
    Yes I have and so has Zack Snyder, he even admitted that he took inspiration from it in regards to the Knightmare scenes and the whole "Lois is the key" mess.
    And there are other characters in the DCU so by your logic we should forget about Superman entirely.
    Don't know what you were going for there but yes DC seems to forget about Superman in his movies and would rather focus on the main female instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Yes I have and so has Zack Snyder, he even admitted that he took inspiration from it in regards to the Knightmare scenes and the whole "Lois is the key" mess.

Don't know what you were going for there but yes DC seems to forget about Superman in his movies and would rather focus on the main female instead.
    The only thing Snyder was taking from Injustice was Superman turning evil and even that is rather loose inspiration given Superman would have been mind controlled.

Injustice doesn't even show Lois and Clark's relationship aside from one scene about her pregnancy.

Oh please. Steve Trevor in WW got way more focus than any female love interest in any other superhero. Lois getting more development in the DCEU doesn't mean DC has forgotten Superman.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-11-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Incredible Member

The only thing Snyder was taking from Injustice was Superman turning evil and even that is rather loose inspiration given Superman would have been mind controlled.
    Your forgetting the whole leader of a evil regime that he would have been the face of and an entire segment devoted to something that would have been awful to see. And just because he was mind controlled doesn't mean audiences would have seen him that way and cared for the flimsy explanation. And did you miss the whole "lois was key" that is pretty much the unique trait of the lame story of injustice?

Oh please. Steve Trevor in WW got way more focus than any female love interest in any other superhero. Lois getting more development in the DCEU doesn't mean DC has forgotten Superman.
    I mean Superman had 43 lines in BVS and the rest of the pie chart didn't go to batman so which other unnecessary story lines did they go to?

And I thought it a weakness of the WW film that she couldn't develop her own reasons for being wonder woman and instead of giving time to Steve. Should have gone with the whole competition angle instead in my opinion.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Well done, you've pointed out my bias and thus it makes my argument irrelevant as anyone who enjoys SM/WW can't have a opinion.
    Seriously though everyone has noticed the severe lack of chemistry. One bath sex scene does not make sense of a engagement that came out of nowhere. But I'd take anyone over an injustice inspired romance, even Lori Lemaris.
    Never said your opinion was invalid nor was I necessarily referring to you, but I find it interesting you immediately assumed both.

And " everyone" doesn't agree in lockstep on the lack of chemistry.It's subjective. It's your opinion that is at least somewhat colored by the fact you don't like Lois Lane as a character. Just as my opinion is somewhat colored by the fact I like Lois Lane. Still both are subjective.

Batman wasn't the only one who stole screen time from superman in BVS, and I'm not talking about Wonder woman.
    If you are referring to Lois " stealing" screentime from Clark in BvS...wow. You do realize Lois is part and parcel of the Superman myth from ACTION #1? I mean by that measure Alfred and Gordon are stealing screentime from Batman in Batman movies and Aunt May is stealing screen time from Peter in Spider-man movies. Should we get rid of them from those movies too?

Lois Lane is part of the Superman myth. Its just the way it is.

And when did I bring up Wonder Woman in this part you quoted? But yes, I dont want to see significant screen time given to Bruce, Barry or Arthur or, yes, Diana in an MOS sequel. The most they should appear is a reference or cameo. It should be a movie focused on Superman and his world. Of all the DCEU characters he needs a showcase focused on him and redefining his part of the post Snyder landscape.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-11-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Your forgetting the whole leader of a evil regime that he would have been the face of and an entire segment devoted to something that would have been awful to see. And just because he was mind controlled doesn't mean audiences would have seen him that way and cared for the flimsy explanation. And did you miss the whole "lois was key" that is pretty much the unique trait of the lame story of injustice?
    Last I checked, you're not the leader of a regime if you're just a puppet. And if audiences don't see him that way, I don't what can be said of them other than they might have poor attention.

I must have also missed the part where Superman was only evil because of Darkseid in Injustice too.

I mean Superman had 43 lines in BVS and the rest of the pie chart didn't go to batman so which other unnecessary story lines did they go to?
    Wait, you think Lois got more screen time than Batman? Are you for real here?

Also, people need to get over this 43 lines nonsense as if he's the only guy in the movie.

And I thought it a weakness of the WW film that she couldn't develop her own reasons for being wonder woman and instead of giving time to Steve. Should have gone with the whole competition angle instead in my opinion.
    You clearly were not paying attention to the movie, specifically the scenes on Themyscira, if you think Steve was the reason Diana became WW.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-11-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, in BvS Lois has just more lines than Superman but less screentime.

Exactly, Lois is a big part of the Superman mythos and of this movie universe. Outside of his parents, she is the one who gives him a lot of emotional support and love. She believes in him and he believes in her. They can't just push her away because reasons. I agree that the movies shouldn't be all about the romance, and it hasn't really been that way. If anything, they need more opportunities to show one another their love and support, but in a more fun way.

Another thing, I'm so glad we never saw Injustice Superman in JL, because after a very grim Superman in BvS, I think it would have killed the character for many fans and audiences in JL. Lois is important for Superman, but I don't agree that she should be his only reason to be a great man and superhero. He didn't give up when Pa Kent died, and that's his father. Same thing with Lois. It's ok to mourn her and be very sad, but my Superman gets up and continues to bring love to the world because that's the right thing to do. My Superman can have doubts but ultimately, he's incorruptible and does what's necessary to save the innocent.

Hopefully Henry gets the opportunity to play the fully established Superman in a sequel, and I hope WB listen to him because he seems to know what the character needs.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-11-2018 at 03:48 PM.

You clearly were not paying attention to the movie, specifically the scenes on Themyscira, if you think Steve was the reason Diana became WW.
    From what I took away from the Wonder Woman movie was that Diana became Wonder Woman to defeat Ares and stayed Wonder Woman because she realized Ares wasn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, in BvS Lois has just more lines than Superman but less screentime.
    Yet Superman himself was the focal point of the movie, at least the Ultimate cut. He should have gotten a stand alone sequel focused on him, his cast and his villains, but in spite of things Superman is the star, with Batman and Luthor being co- leads and antagonists. Diana and Lois got almost the same amount of screen time as they were part of the support cast, although Lois appears more towards the beginning and Diana towards the end.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Exactly, Lois is a big part of the Superman mythos and of this movie universe. Outside of his parents, she is the one who gives him a lot of emotional support and love. She believes in him and he believes in her. They can't just push her away because reasons. I agree that the movies shouldn't be all about the romance, and it hasn't really been that way. If anything, they need more opportunities to show one another their love and support, but in a more fun way.

Another thing, I'm so glad we never saw Injustice Superman in JL, because after a very grim Superman in BvS, I think it would have killed the character for many fans and audiences in JL. Lois is important for Superman, but I don't agree that she should be his only reason to be a great man and superhero. He didn't give up when Pa Kent died, and that's his father. Same thing with Lois. It's ok to mourn her and be very sad, but my Superman gets up and continues to bring love to the world because that's the right thing to do. My Superman can have doubts but ultimately, he's incorruptible and does what's necessary to save the innocent.

Hopefully Henry gets the opportunity to play the fully established Superman in a sequel, and I hope WB listen to him because he seems to know what the character needs.
    Honestly, if I was WB I would let Henry have direct input on the script, director and casting of an MOS sequel. What do they have to lose? If it doesn't work, then they tried at least and Henry got four films as Superman. They could then just reboot everything a few years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yet Superman himself was the focal point of the movie, at least the Ultimate cut. He should have gotten a stand alone sequel focused on him, his cast and his villains, but in spite of things Superman is the star, with Batman and Luthor being co- leads and antagonists. Diana and Lois got almost the same amount of screen time as they were part of the support cast, although Lois appears more towards the beginning and Diana towards the end.
    I feel that BvS is a Superman movie/MoS sequel but with Batman as main protagonist. Snyder & co. totally lost the focus of the story the moment they decided that Batman needed to be JL's leader and the face of the DCEU.

I'm fine with Amy/Lois's screentime in BvS.

I feel that BvS is a Superman movie/MoS sequel but with Batman as main protagonist. Snyder & co. totally lost the focus of the story the moment they decided that Batman needed to be JL's leader and the face of the DCEU.

I'm fine with Amy/Lois's screentime in BvS.
    That was more WB's decision because they had two Batman movies that made a billion each and two Superman movies ( Returns and MOS) that made less than 400 mill and less than 700 mill respectively. The later was a strong showing but WB were convinced that Batman was the special sauce that guaranteed a billion haul.

They totally missed the point that the reason those movies made a Billion was because they were great movies that just happened to star Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That was more WB's decision because they had two Batman movies that made a billion each and two Superman movies ( Returns and MOS) that made less than 400 mill and less than 700 mill respectively. The later was a strong showing but WB were convinced that Batman was the special sauce that guaranteed a billion haul.

They totally missed the point that the reason those movies made a Billion was because they were great movies that just happened to star Batman.
    Not really. Maybe the Nolan movies' success was the reason why WB ended up being ok with some of Snyder's ideas, but it was Snyder who was adamant that Superman should get out the way somehow because Batman was supposed to be the one who put the JL together. And with Batman's role becoming so big, Affleck needed more focus in the so called MoS sequel.

Not really. Maybe the Nolan movies' success was the reason why WB ended up being ok with some of Snyder's ideas, but it was Snyder who was adamant that Superman should get out the way somehow because Batman was supposed to be the one who put the JL together. And with Batman's role becoming so big, Affleck needed more focus in the so called MoS sequel.
    Didn't he want to have a post-credit scene with Bruce Wayne getting some Kryptonite? Nolan and Goyer were the ones who wanted a Superman trilogy. Snyder wanted to bring Batman into the picture. After Avengers broke the box office WB sided with Snyder's idea of bringing in the DCU. Originally the official line was that WB preferred to focus on solo offerings over team-ups since JL: Mortal collapsed. And now we've come full circle: Solo films over bis team-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Didn't he want to have a post-credit scene with Bruce Wayne getting some Kryptonite? Nolan and Goyer were the ones who wanted a Superman trilogy. Snyder wanted to bring Batman into the picture. After Avengers broke the box office WB sided with Snyder's idea of bringing in the DCU.
    Exactly.

Originally the official line was that WB preferred to focus on solo offerings over team-ups since JL: Mortal collapsed. And now we've come full circle: Solo films over bis team-ups.
    If the next solos will be successful, they'll go back to want to do team-ups.