Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I hope it will with time. I also like S design better in MoS than comics one and I like liquid metal over crystals any day.
    And the MoS suit is better too. WW got the movie costume in the comics, Aquaman probably will be next, but Superman is still stuck to spandex and trunks.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-16-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    And the MoS suit is better too. WW got the movie costume in the comics, Aquaman probably will be next, but Superman is still stuck to spandex and trunks.
    I still can't believe that DC brought back old costumes for Superman and Batman when DCEU versions are so freaking superior. Just look at these titans:

And these amazing textures:

This is probably the reason they will never draw this costume in comics, because it would be hella difficult to draw these detailed textures every time for every panel.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I still can't believe that DC brought back old costumes for Superman and Batman when DCEU versions are so freaking superior. Just look at these titans:

And these amazing textures:

This is probably the reason they will never draw this costume in comics, because it would be hella difficult to draw these detailed textures every time for every panel.
    Gleason sketched a simplified version of DCEU suit that was supposed to be used for Rebirth, but DC ended up choosing a different design for some reason.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-16-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Gleason sketched a simplified version of DCEU suit that was supposed to be used for Rebirth, but DC ended up choosing a different design for some reason.

Since fans have been criticizing Marvel for making their comics too much like the movies, you can't blame DC for wanting to avoid that kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Since fans have been criticizing Marvel for making their comics too much like the movies, you can't blame DC for wanting to avoid that kind of situation.
    Tell that to WW.

Nicolas Cage Was a Fan of Henry Cavill’s Superman, But Sees a Lot More Potential For the Role: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/ni...dy-1202003776/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Nicolas Cage Was a Fan of Henry Cavill’s Superman, But Sees a Lot More Potential For the Role: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/ni...dy-1202003776/
    Cage's suggestion of Panos as a possible director is wonderful. Mandy was great.

I guess she's still negotiating but WB is like...

Garcia seems very cocky to me, though. I wouldn't act that way if I was losing. :/

Astonishing Member

Tell that to WW.
    Could that have something to do with some being against her "swimming" costume?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Could that have something to do with some being against her "swimming" costume?
    It's not just the costume, DC lined-up the comics version of WW as much as they can with the DCEU's.

It's not just the costume, DC lined-up the comics version of WW as much as they can with the DCEU's.
    In which ways?

Diana using the sword a lot more arguably came from Azzarello, as did the daddy-Zeus origin.

Other than that, I'd say that movie Diana was a far more classic take on Wonder Woman than what Azzarello or Robinson created, and both of those were poorly received.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    In which ways?

Diana using the sword a lot more arguably came from Azzarello, as did the daddy-Zeus origin.

Other than that, I'd say that movie Diana was a far more classic take on Wonder Woman than what Azzarello or Robinson created, and both of those were poorly received.
    They added the supporting characters from the movies (Samer & co.), in interviews Rucka said that Diana was century/millennia years old (another DCEU thing), the Zeus origin was kept just because it was in the movie or it would've been scrapped, they got her back in a relationship with Steve in time for the movie release, etc...
    With the exception of the historical setting, any major "contradictions" with the film version have been eliminated.

They added the supporting characters from the movies (Samer & co.), in interviews Rucka said that Diana was century/millennia years old (another DCEU thing), the Zeus origin was kept just because it was in the movie or it would've been scrapped, they got her back in a relationship with Steve in time for the movie release, etc...
    With the exception of the historical setting, any major "contradictions" with the film version have been eliminated.
    Charlie, Sameer, and Chief: I give you that, though I wonder how long they will stick around given that Robinson's run wasn't well-received and the Oddfellows in the comics don't have a patch on their counterpart in the comics.

Age of Diana has varied a lot over time, and is rather vague in the movie as well.

As for the Zeus origin, I'd like a citation on that. I think it can be just as likely as that the movie was pushed to keep daddy-Zeus around by DC.

Relationship with Steve, well, this was part of the general Rebirth initiative which included attempts at going "back to basics" for the characters. I'm not surprised at all that they align there. Also, Rebirth Steve Trevor is very different from movie Steve Trevor; I'd argue both Rucka and the movie took classic Steve Trevor and developed him in entirely different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Charlie, Sameer, and Chief: I give you that, though I wonder how long they will stick around given that Robinson's run wasn't well-received and the Oddfellows in the comics don't have a patch on their counterpart in the comics.
    They'll probably get replaced by whatever supporting cast that Diana will have in WW84.

Age of Diana has varied a lot over time, and is rather vague in the movie as well.
    But Rucka repeated the same stuff of the movie producers. It's not a coincidence if you consider the other elements that sync with the movie.

As for the Zeus origin, I'd like a citation on that. I think it can be just as likely as that the movie was pushed to keep daddy-Zeus around by DC.
    Read between the lines of Nicola's response to this guy's question: https://youtu.be/dSDv9MomtGk?t=2m10s

Relationship with Steve, well, this was part of the general Rebirth initiative which included attempts at going "back to basics" for the characters. I'm not surprised at all that they align there.
    The beginning of getting her back with Steve was right after DC moved to California to work closely with WB, Rebirth wasn't even a pitch back then.

Also, Rebirth Steve Trevor is very different from movie Steve Trevor; I'd argue both Rucka and the movie took classic Steve Trevor and developed him in entirely different directions.
    I'm not saying that their media synergy is 1:1, but that DC try to be close to their movies as much as they can.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-17-2018 at 04:15 AM.

https://twitter.com/Allenfire/status...63548892446722

Lots of people love Henry Cavill as Superman. Someone said in another thread that younger people don't care that much for Donner's Superman and this proves it. Personally, I love both.