Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Aww, Henry embodies the Superman so damn much. :')
    We don't deserve Henry.

Agreed. I want a SOLO Superman film Not another Superman film + other superheros...

come on, let the big guy have the complete spotlight like he so desperately deserves after BvS and JL... They can introduce Kara at the end if they want, but if she stars alongside Superman in the next "Superman" film then me and a legion of fans are going to feel cheated and very upset.
    But Superheroes team-ups are the new trend. What does another Superman movie just about Superman have to hook the general audience?

Astonishing Member

DC and team up movies haven't exactly struck gold and just because team up are on the upswing doesn't negate the necessity of solos. And no one deserves a good solo movie now more than Superman. Let him have the spotlight to himself without any other heroes that could easy solo their own movies and considering how some sectors hated Superman seeming OP in JL and hated how he made the other heroes look redundant, it would be in everyone's best interest MoS2 was a solo.

My point was that the audience seem more interested in seeing something different than usual, just look at the recent success of the genre.

What would be the novelty factor of another movie about a character like Superman?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2018 at 05:37 AM.

BANNED

I think they should team him with Mon-El in a sequel. TV audiences are used to him in Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    My point was that the audience seem more interested in seeing something different than usual, just look at the recent success of the genre.

What would be the novelty factor of another movie about a character like Superman?

A really great movie with an established, confident and more optimistic Superman who truly knows his place in the world and who isn't still questioning himself if he should do what he does? A film that isn't controversial or divisive like all his films have been since Superman Returns? To see Lois and Clark's wedding?

To see Superman facing off a formidable and visually impressive villain like Brainiac in live action and probably introduce the story of the lost city of Kandor? To see a Superman that is finally comfortable to be Earth's champion and enjoying himself more while helping and interacting with people?

I need a film to do this Superman real justice and to complete his development into the Superman we have come to love. I didn't get that feeling with BvS at all. He seemed sortof burdened overall and depressed. Which is not terrible but not ideal either. And Justice League wasn't everything it could be either. I like it quite a bit, but there isn't enough Superman in it for me to consider it a great way to end his story. I see it as a beginning for something much better.

I could think of more things, but my main point is that Henry's Superman has not been done real justice. I'm not completely satisfied with it so far. I need more.

I want to see this Superman movie Henry is selling..

Last edited by stargazer01; 08-11-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

^^^^Absolutely this!!!!

When you think you couldn't like/love Henry more. :')

https://twitter.com/gbj_Bellgreen/st...46944566423552

Master Hero Vladimir

Yes, Henry deserves another chance to be Superman! Honestly, I enjoyed the new Superman movies but I can understand why some people might turn away from them. Still, if there is something these movies did right is that they proved that Superman can no longer be taken for granted. We're talking about a character who has been around for 80 years, which obviously demands that DC comes up with new, fresh ideas to keep the character interesting and likeable, and prevent the risk of Superman getting stale and becoming a parody of himself. Obviously, I'm no film expert but here are some suggestions I'd give to DC and Warner for the next Superman film:

* Tone: After two movies of watching Superman doubting himself, it's time for Superman to be the symbol of hope that everyone wants him to be, not just for fan preference, but to further advance the DCEU's storyline and to give Henry a chance to show his acting talent. Metropolis could be shown as a brighter place under Superman's heroism and display the elegant, futuristic approach from the comics.
    * Suit: In my opinion, the suit should be redesigned to resemble either the Reborn suit or the Action Comics #1000 suit, to further highlight Superman's character development. Don't get me wrong, I like the DCEU suit but sometimes I think it makes Superman look too much like a Kryptonian patriot. A new suit would be a good way to show Superman is at peace with Krypton's passing and has accepted his role as Earth's champion. Perhaps the suit change could happen within the movie, with Martha redesigning the suit, much like the comic books.
    * Antagonist: Brainiac, in my opinion, is a bit of a risky bet to bring to the big screen. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but then again that argument goes both ways. Maybe Brainiac could be the villain of a third film. The villain of the Man of Steel sequel could originate from Earth, like Metallo, the Parasite, the Atomic Skull, or even Manchester Black and his Elite. Bizarro, in my opinion, shouldn't appear since Doomsday already filled the role of an artificially created Kryptonian. Speaking of Doomsday, maybe he could return for a potential third film, as Brainiac's enforcer.
    * Casting: Aside from Henry, Amy Adams should reprise the role of Lois Lane. I don't mind Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, I kinda liked his BvS performance but I think it could improve he was given a better script. Negotiations could ensue to bring Laurence Fishburne as Perry White; if that doesn't happen, maybe Lois could take his place as Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Planet, it could be an interesting position for her. Diane Lane also should return as Martha as another form of moral support for Clark.
    * Superman's role: Superman needs to be the protagonist of his own movie, he needs to be an agent of volition. Man of Steel always displayed Superman at the center of things; even if other characters had their own story arcs (Jor-El, General Zod, Lois Lane, Col. Hardy), they never overshadowed Superman in screentime and narrative importance. If I have one complaint against BvS is that it made Superman too much of a passive observant. In BvS, things happened to Superman, not because of Superman. As a hero, Superman can fulfill multiple roles (champion of social justice, space-faring adventurer, reluctant leader), but what matters is that no one takes the spotlight away from him.

These are just some of things I'd like to see in a Superman movie. Whether DC Films follows them or not, I only hope the new Superman film reaches us sooner rather than later and that it's a movie all Superman fans can enjoy.

But Superheroes team-ups are the new trend. What does another Superman movie just about Superman have to hook the general audience?
    That is why I think adding Supergirl to the story would be a good idea. Supergirl has a fan base of her own separate from Superman so that would get those people in the theaters.
    And it would give Superman someone to talk too that knows where he is coming from. That was why Robin was introduced into Batman, to give Batman someone to talk to.
    That was why Steve Trevor was in Wonder Woman, to give Diana someone to talk to. While he could talk to Lois Lane, she can't really keep up with him when he is fighting
    a supervillain like Supergirl can.

How is Steve Trevor better than Lois Lane???

Superman's supporting cast if more than enough.. he has Lois, who is an intrepid and tough reporter, and there is also Jimmy Olsen aka Superman's best friend, plus Ma Kent.. Seriously, Superman doesn't need Supergirl at all in his movie. I don't mind her showing up later, but NOT in the next one.

A really great movie with an established, confident and more optimistic Superman who truly knows his place in the world and who isn't still questioning himself if he should do what he does? A film that isn't controversial or divisive like all his films have been since Superman Returns? To see Lois and Clark's wedding?

To see Superman facing off a formidable and visually impressive villain like Brainiac in live action and probably introduce the story of the lost city of Kandor? To see a Superman that is finally comfortable to be Earth's champion and enjoying himself more while helping and interacting with people?

I need a film to do this Superman real justice and to complete his development into the Superman we have come to love. I didn't get that feeling with BvS at all. He seemed sortof burdened overall and depressed. Which is not terrible but not ideal either. And Justice League wasn't everything it could be either. I like it quite a bit, but there isn't enough Superman in it for me to consider it a great way to end his story. I see it as a beginning for something much better.

I could think of more things, but my main point is that Henry's Superman has not been done real justice. I'm not completely satisfied with it so far. I need more.
    Superman fighting another alien invasion (Braniac) and get married doesn't seem the kind of things that will put people on the seats.

Those elements: alien invasion, Clark being sure of himself and a possible marriage were already in one of the JL trailer and people didn't gave a f**k to watch the movie.

Superman fighting another alien invasion (Braniac) and get married doesn't seem the kind of things that will put people on the seats.

Those elements: alien invasion, Clark being sure of himself and a possible marriage were already in one of the JL trailer and people didn't gave a f**k to watch the movie.
    Because BvS has turned people off. I’m not looking to bash Snyder anymore but the fact is that BvS suffered severe week to week drops. People turned on DC movies, and when the JL movie got a rotten score on RT that was that, it was another DC flop. They have to rebuild the brand by making movies that review well.

I personally think the next Superman movie needs a budget like what Aquaman has. Keep it focused on Metropolis, have him fight Metallo and Sam Lane. If that does well then maybe we get Brainiac.
    Last edited by RepHope; 08-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Because BvS has turned people off. I’m not looking to bash Snyder anymore but the fact is that BvS suffered severe week to week drops. People turned on DC movies, and when the JL movie got a rotten score on RT that was that, it was another DC flop. They have to rebuild the brand by making movies that review well.
    It wasn't just BvS. From the trailers and marketing, JL looked an uninteresting movie.

It wasn't just BvS. From the trailers and marketing, JL looked an uninteresting movie.
    Except the vast opinion seems to be is the one thing Justice League got right was Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Except the vast opinion seems to be is the one thing Justice League got right was Superman.
    Still it didn't help at the box-office. The promotion for the movie sucked.