Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,137 of 1137
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Batman marked Superman's deeds throughout the world on his map and even named the events and put dates when in happened on his computer in BvS https://twitter.com/Ser_Jon_Arryn/st...430670336?s=19
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 12-26-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Batman marked Superman's deeds throughout the world on his map and even named the events and put dates when in happened on his computer in BvS https://twitter.com/Ser_Jon_Arryn/st...430670336?s=19
    That's what an obsessive stalker would do.

I'm amazed people still find stuff after almost 3 years it came out.

I haven't watched yet Aquaman but I read that there are footages from Man of Steel in it.

Edit: Found an article where it's mentioned:

"When Orm is talking to Arthur about the sheer amount of destruction the surface world has inflicted on the oceans, we see a number of disasters taking place, including the oil rig from Man of Steel being destroyed and plummeting into the sea after Clark Kent rescued those aboard.

There's been speculation from day one that the explosion would tie into Aquaman somehow and while Superman clearly didn't meet Arthur, this is a neat way to link both of the movies."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...oilers-a165372
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-26-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I find it odd that for a film universe that supposedly is eager to distance itself from MOS and it's follow ups are still referencing those movies, even obliquely. Yeah, Aquaman was all but finished when JL was in theaters, but it would have been a simple matter to not include ANY footage from MOS. Plus, Shazam, which wrapped AFTER JL underperformed is still apparently referencing MOS and BvS. If the powers that be regard the Snyder films as complete failures and a mill stone around the DC films neck, why still attempt to tie the upcoming movies in any way to those?

I'm not at all saying that plans in terms of tonal direction and the like haven't changed, nor am I saying there is no truth at all to the Cavill and Affleck rumors regarding their immenent departure, but I find it curious that if one didn't pay attention to all of the idle chatter and speculation and hand wringing over the DCEU future,if one watches the film's still being put out, it definitely seems more or less business as usual.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I find it odd that for a film universe that supposedly is eager to distance itself from MOS and it's follow ups are still referencing those movies, even obliquely. Yeah, Aquaman was all but finished when JL was in theaters, but it would have been a simple matter to not include ANY footage from MOS. Plus, Shazam, which wrapped AFTER JL underperformed is still apparently referencing MOS and BvS. If the powers that be regard the Snyder films as complete failures and a mill stone around the DC films neck, why still attempt to tie the upcoming movies in any way to those?

I'm not at all saying that plans in terms of tonal direction and the like haven't changed, nor am I saying there is no truth at all to the Cavill and Affleck rumors regarding their immenent departure, but I find it curious that if one didn't pay attention to all of the idle chatter and speculation and hand wringing over the DCEU future,if one watches the film's still being put out, it definitely seems more or less business as usual.
    The Aquaman/MoS one seems just an Easter Egg that only hardcore DCEU fans will notice. As for Shazam!, if the director wanted to play with the idea of a world where superheroes exist, he has to reference the established continuity of the previous movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Aquaman/MoS one seems just an Easter Egg that only hardcore DCEU fans will notice. As for Shazam!, if the director wanted to play with the idea of a world where superheroes exist, he has to reference the established continuity of the previous movies.
    I haven't seen Aquaman yet ( I know, I know..." I have failed the DCEU" lol) so I'll give you that, but with Shazam, they necessarily didn't have to reference a specific version of Superman and Batman, yet based on behind the scenes stuff, they are indeed referencing the versions from the Snyder films specifically.

Now, granted that was probably largely because at one time Cavill was supposed to cameo in Shazam as Supes , and now that plans have changed it's possible that any MOS/BvS/JL references may be editied out of the finished film. Anything can happen,but again, it's curious that if indeed Warner's has completely divorced itself from the DCEU because it's now seen as fact that everyone hates the Snyder movies and any connection to them is box office poison and they are completely persona non grata within WB (I.E. the narrative that's being pushed by a movie and yes, some in the comics press that have had an axe to grind against Snyder's film's from the moment credits rolled on MOS) that WB would even flirt with mentioning those movies again within the film's even obliquely.

I don't think we will see any sort of grand reboot or reset of the DCEU like the blogosphere and MOS haters hope and dream for. I just think that they are going to keep making movies set within the universe with other characters and not do anything with Superman or Batman for a couple years.

I think what's closer to the truth is that it's only more Superman movies that are off the table,partly because of Cavills money demands, and largely because WB just doesn't want to do anymore solo Superman films in general, and with Batman and Ben Affleck that has mostly do with Ben's personal problems and less to do with any outright dislike of his version.

I'm convinced that the only way we would have a straight up MOS 2 if MOS had somehow broke a billion, and I'm not sure even then we would have gotten one. WB had to be threatened by the heirs with losing the film rights before they did MOS. I believe firmly the plan was always to do a Superman origin movie to satisfy the lawyers and then build to a Justice league movie where Superman was just a member, and maybe utilize Supes as a special guest star cameo in some other movies. Whether Cavill ( or even Zack Snyder);was aware of that when he signed on or not is another story.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-26-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

I haven't seen Aquaman yet ( I know, I know..." I have failed the DCEU" lol) so I'll give you that, but with Shazam, they necessarily didn't have to reference a specific version of Superman and Batman, yet based on behind the scenes stuff, they are indeed referencing the versions from the Snyder films specifically.

Now, granted that was probably largely because at one time Cavill was supposed to cameo in Shazam as Supes , and now that plans have changed it's possible that any MOS/BvS/JL references may be editied out of the finished film. Anything can happen,but again, it's curious that if indeed Warner's has completely divorced itself from the DCEU because it's now seen as fact that everyone hates the Snyder movies and any connection to them is box office poison and they are completely persona non grata within WB (I.E. the narrative that's being pushed by a movie and yes, some in the comics press that have had an axe to grind against Snyder's film's from the moment credits rolled on MOS) that WB would even flirt with mentioning those movies again within the film's even obliquely.

I don't think we will see any sort of grand reboot or reset of the DCEU like the blogosphere and MOS haters hope and dream for. I just think that they are going to keep making movies set within the universe with other characters and not do anything with Superman or Batman for a couple years.

I think what's closer to the truth is that it's only more Superman movies that are off the table,partly because of Cavills money demands, and largely because WB just doesn't want to do anymore solo Superman films in general, and with Batman and Ben Affleck that has mostly do with Ben's personal problems and less to do with any outright dislike of his version.
    Batman is safe, they are going to film a movie without Affleck this summer. Superman is not a priority right now but if the next DCEU movies will be successful, I think WB will prob feel more confident to give another chance to the big blue.

I'm convinced that the only way we would have a straight up MOS 2 if MOS had somehow broke a billion, and I'm not sure even then we would have gotten one. WB had to be threatened by the heirs with losing the film rights before they did MOS. I believe firmly the plan was always to do a Superman origin movie to satisfy the lawyers and then build to a Justice league movie where Superman was just a member, and maybe utilize Supes as a special guest star cameo in some other movies. Whether Cavill ( or even Zack Snyder);was aware of that when he signed on or not is another story.
    I think originally when the project was just Goyer/Nolan' baby the plan was to do a straight Superman trilogy, but the plan changed pretty fast. I recall the first rumors about a BM and SM face-off and a JL movie were around 2012.

Will not WB risk yet to lose the rights if they don't make another Superman solo film asap?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Batman is safe, they are going to film a movie without Affleck this summer. Superman is not a priority right now but if the next DCEU movies will be successful, I think WB will prob feel more confident to give another chance to the big blue.
    One can hope, and hopefully it will be with Cavill, or at the very least, recast the role but keep the preexisting continuity if only in the vague sense. We don't need another Superman origin tale. Just use Supes general arc of MOS through JL as his origin and go from there.

I think originally when the project was just Goyer/Nolan' baby the plan was to do a straight Superman trilogy, but the plan changed pretty fast. I recall the first rumors about a BM and SM face-off and a JL movie were around 2012.
    Maybe, but once it was clear Goyer and Nolan weren't going to directly do a trilogy and Snyder was given the nod, that was probably where plans changed. If Nolan had decided to direct MOS and helm the sequels, they probably would have demured to him even if MOS did less than a billion because he delivered three blockbuster Batman films in a row and he had and still has a lot of clout at the studio. Snyder at the time had a lot of clout but nothing compared to Nolan. MOS would have at least done 800 million plus to have gotten a stand alone solo sequel, but the studio had wanted to do a Justice League movie as far back as the mid 00's.If Green Lantern had been a hit, that would have been the beginning of laying the road to JL. Once MOS was a moderate hit, WB was like " good enough. Let's start here, and when can we bring in a new Batman?" Thus,BvS.
    Will not WB risk yet to lose the rights if they don't make another Superman solo film asap?
    Good question. I think though that was due to the previous deal with the heirs. I have a feeling with the current deal WB's lawyers have closed that loophole.

One can hope, and hopefully it will be with Cavill, or at the very least, recast the role but keep the preexisting continuity if only in the vague sense. We don't need another Superman origin tale. Just use Supes general arc of MOS through JL as his origin and go from there.
    Yeah, a retelling of Supes origin is totally unnecessary. But I think a new director will want to present his own take on Krypton, the fortress, etc...

Maybe, but once it was clear Goyer and Nolan weren't going to directly do a trilogy and Snyder was given the nod, that was probably where plans changed. If Nolan had decided to direct MOS and helm the sequels, they probably would have demured to him even if MOS did less than a billion because he delivered three blockbuster Batman films in a row and he had and still has a lot of clout at the studio. Snyder at the time had a lot of clout but nothing compared to Nolan. MOS would have at least done 800 million plus to have gotten a stand alone solo sequel, but the studio had wanted to do a Justice League movie as far back as the mid 00's.If Green Lantern had been a hit, that would have been the beginning of laying the road to JL. Once MOS was a moderate hit, WB was like " good enough. Let's start here, and when can we bring in a new Batman?" Thus,BvS.
    They give up on Superman pretty early without giving him a chance as a solo character. smh.

Good question. I think though that was due to the previous deal with the heirs. I have a feeling with the current deal WB's lawyers have closed that loophole.
    There should be something official on the subject somewhere.