Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1137
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Jason Momoa told #ETLive that Henry Cavill loves playing #Superman and is “absolutely” not leaving the character anytime soon"

https://twitter.com/MadisonBrodsky/s...72076583071744

🤔

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Jason Momoa told #ETLive that Henry Cavill loves playing #Superman and is “absolutely” not leaving the character anytime soon"

��
    Well we all know if it were left up to Henry MOS 2 would already be in theaters and MOS 3 would likely be under way, but WB's film devision could care less about Superman right now, so this means nothing. Henry has no intentions of voluntarily leaving the role, but Warner's has no intentions of doing a Superman movie, so basically it's a stalemate. They'll just wait out Cavill,let any remaining option on him lapse and in a decade they'll get around begrudgingly to make another Superman origin story in order to please the Warner's copyright lawyers,and the powers that be will frack it up again. Cynical? Yeah. But frankly when it comes to Superman WB films have earned my cynicism with interest.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well we all know if it were left up to Henry MOS 2 would already be in theaters and MOS 3 would likely be under way, but WB's film devision could care less about Superman right now, so this means nothing. Henry has no intentions of voluntarily leaving the role, but Warner's has no intentions of doing a Superman movie, so basically it's a stalemate. They'll just wait out Cavill,let any remaining option on him lapse and in a decade they'll get around begrudgingly to make another Superman origin story in order to please the Warner's copyright lawyers,and the powers that be will frack it up again. Cynical? Yeah. But frankly when it comes to Superman WB films have earned my cynicism with interest.
    Yeah, it's like for Ray fisher: he's still Cyborg, but we'll not see the character anywhere.

So could a Shazam cameo be back on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So could a Shazam cameo be back on the table?
    I really doubt it. Momoa is just an optimistic DCEU fanboy.

Master Hero Vladimir

I would really like for Henry to reprise the role again, but I also understand that there are several factors at play that are preventing a new Superman movie from getting made. I understand Warner's reluctance to make another Superman films, but these last few years need to act as a lesson to Warner on how to make a Superman film fans can get behind. DCEU Superman is, in my opinion, one of the best versions of the character in recent memory and I still feel that his story needs to continue, lest we want a repeat of what happened to Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man. Even so, Warner needs to come up with a game plan on how to develop DCEU Superman. They can't just keep throwing everything they have to the proverbial wall and see what sticks. Ideas mean nothing if you can't execute them. Just because something sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it is if you can't bring it to life.

Warner needs to take the time and the money they most certainly have and rebuild for the future of Superman. They need to extend an olive branch towards the disenfranchised fans and assure them that Superman and his community will be respected and honored for the foreseeable future. This won't be an easy task, but if done well, it could do a lot to help open minds so that DCEU Superman has a chance of being received more positively by those who are most vocally criticizing him today. Warner needs to read the room, they need to understand their audience because if they can't hear the noise, pretty soon there will be no one left there to make it.

Lastly, I would like to repeat that I'm a huge fan of DCEU Superman but I do my best to listen to both sides of the debate. The disgruntled fans are not wrong for disliking the DCEU Superman movies just like I am not wrong for liking them. DCEU Superman is not tainted nor beyond saving; he just needs a stronger sense of direction and purpose. Hopefully, the right lessons will be learned from this experience and we can have a Superman film in the future.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 12-13-2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Grammar check.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

��
    Woah. Encouraging

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'll say what I said in the TV/Film section:

Don't go playing games with my heart Jason. I WANT TO BELIEVE>

BANNED

He's committed, but so long as WB does nothing, what good is that commitment?

We want results, not reassurances.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He's committed, but so long as WB does nothing, what good is that commitment?

We want results, not reassurances.
    Yeah, you are absolutely right. Unfortunately (about the first part)

Doesn't help that even if we remove Cavill from the situation, I don't think the studio has much interest in the character until they are legally obligated to put a film out, which they will likely half-ass. I'd like to think the fact that Wonder Woman and Aquaman were in JL (and both had more screen time and marketing than Superman) and the film still left people cold despite the success of her film and the good buzz and money for his, would send the clear message to WB that these characters are never the problem.

Can’t see Cavill coming back at this point. If The Witcher does well Cavill would only push harder for a pay increase and more creative control, and I just don’t see WB giving him either. If the show does poorly than that just would seal WB’s decision to recast. Unless there’s a real push by Jason and Gal to keep him, or by one of the directors, I just don’t see it happening.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I really doubt it. Momoa is just an optimistic DCEU fanboy.
    Actually, the current theory is that his arm was twisted by corporate to say that. Amy Adams has point blank said that she's out and that they are revamping the franchise but who knows how much info she actually has. Until an actual Superman movie is in the works, this is all irrelevant.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Actually, the current theory is that his arm was twisted by corporate to say that. Amy Adams has point blank said that she's out and that they are revamping the franchise but who knows how much info she actually has. Until an actual Superman movie is in the works, this is all irrelevant.
    Nah. Maoma also said he wants the “Snyder Cut” and you better believe WB wants people to shut up about that. If they gave him any orders about talking about Cavill and Affleck it was probably “don’t talk about them at all”.

Master Hero Vladimir

The most frustrating part about all of this is that Warner still keeps radio silence on all of this and haven't pushed themselves into giving answer. Things would be easier for them if they released a statement along these lines: "We understand that Superman has one of the most passionate and devoted fanbases a superhero could ask for and we are not taking the task of pushing forward another movie lightly. The idea that Superman is getting pushed to the sidelines in favor of other characters is ridiculous, especially because if it wasn't for Superman, we wouldn't have an entire universe of superheroes to enjoy and appreciate. We ask for patience and understanding as we work hard in developing a plan for the Superman film series."

I don't know about you but I think such a statement would help appease disgruntled fans, especially those who believe the people in charge of the DCEU are just sitting around, dicking their fingers while the directors and actors do all the work for them. Does it fix everything? No, of course not, but at least it would give the impression that Warner at least cares about Superman and his community. Even after everything that's happened, I still have this naïve hope that Warner and DC will move forward with another Superman movie, sooner rather than later.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    The most frustrating part about all of this is that Warner still keeps radio silence on all of this and haven't pushed themselves into giving answer. Things would be easier for them if they released a statement along these lines: "We understand that Superman has one of the most passionate and devoted fanbases a superhero could ask for and we are not taking the task of pushing forward another movie lightly. The idea that Superman is getting pushed to the sidelines in favor of other characters is ridiculous, especially because if it wasn't for Superman, we wouldn't have an entire universe of superheroes to enjoy and appreciate. We ask for patience and understanding as we work hard in developing a plan for the Superman film series."

I don't know about you but I think such a statement would help appease disgruntled fans, especially those who believe the people in charge of the DCEU are just sitting around, dicking their fingers while the directors and actors do all the work for them. Does it fix everything? No, of course not, but at least it would give the impression that Warner at least cares about Superman and his community. Even after everything that's happened, I still have this naïve hope that Warner and DC will move forward with another Superman movie, sooner rather than later.
    Do you think WB thinks that superman ip has that kind of sway on the current market for An announcement . They might be thinking IP is damaged. They can announce a billion harley movies because money talks.

Besides they don't know what to do with character. Their universe is in dissarry.Hopefully shazam and aquaman can fix that.but, They have bigger things to worry about than superman.so announcements from them would make reassure people that don't know how to handle the character.

besides, I don't know if they can pulloff what marvel did with thor and cap. Take the character in a direction that makes the normal audience think that this character has a lot of heart, is funny and can kick ass as well.superman does not need more deconstruction, but reconstruction From the ground up.

First of all, kids need to like him when he returns to the big screen. A superman movie after a long time that doesn't appeal to kids and young adults, will be disappointing. Both mos and bvs failed in that from my perspective. Superman returns was plain boring for them. atleast mos and superman returns had some good scenes like plane scene and first flight, bvs did not have anything. Kids from where I am around would rather go to a iron-man or captain America movie than superman and the parents will take them. They need to make superman for kids(i am not saying make a kiddish superman movie) .Superman needs to be an action packed adventure with some good emotional beats.kids need to think superman is cool.
    And I don't think superman can have that kind effect on teens. Making superman extra angsty or brooding just for the sake of appealing to teens would not work .if we make good action adventures with good emotional intensity like the winter soldier, teens will atleast think it looks cool and badass.
    And I don't want to stereotype kids and teens here just a general observation, I had.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-14-2018 at 05:50 PM.