Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1137
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Unless there's a movie in the works or in the planning stages, all of this is a moot point. I don't want to have to wait ANOTHER five years for another Superman movie but it's looking like that's exactly what's going to happen. The only question is, will it be part of the DCEU or will they have moved on by that point?
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Unless there's a movie in the works or in the planning stages, all of this is a moot point. I don't want to have to wait ANOTHER five years for another Superman movie but it's looking like that's exactly what's going to happen. The only question is, will it be part of the DCEU or will they have moved on by that point?
    Depends on how the next few DCEU film's do. If Aquaman,Shazam and WW84 do well, then there's a shot any future Superman movies may be part of the shared universe. I have a feeling though unless there is Devine Providence it'll be longer that 5 years until the next Supernan film. I'm thinking closer to a decade.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-15-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Amy clarifies what she meant in the Nicole Kidman interview, she has not heard anything official about her status in the DCEU

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...ne-dceu-status

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Amy clarifies what she meant in the Nicole Kidman interview, she has not heard anything official about her status in the DCEU

We live in an age where public statements can be taken out of context and blown way out of proportion. Until we get some official confirmation, I will remain patient.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Hope is alive.

The ironic thing about all of this is that even among those that decried the DCEU Superman film's, there's been a general consensus that Henry and Amy are well liked in those roles. Love or hate Justice League, Superman is considered the highlight. That gives the impression that among the movie going audience,A Henry Cavill Superman movie, if given the proper treatment , and a reasonable budget,would be like printing money for Warner's. I mean,the man still has one more movie on his contract. I keep saying it, just give the man one more shot. Let him finish his run on a high note. If it doesn't do bofo box-office,then all is settled anyway. They don't have to renew Henry's contract, the fanbase will at least have a Superman movie, and Warner's can go ahead and shelve Superman for a decade or so and make 14 more Batman or Harley Quinn movies if they wish.

It irks me to no end that it feels like Superman is being punished for Warner's sins. They are the ones who let the budget on Superman Returns and Justice League over run to the point that it was nearly impossible to turn a decent profit. Batman Begins made about 40 million less than Returns, yet because of the bad accounting and budget overruns , Batman got a full trilogy and Superman ended up getting all but shelved until the legal battle over the copyright with the heirs pretty much forced Warner's kicking and screaming to make another Superman movie lest they lose the film rights.

Justice League did a decent amount of money, but because WB was lacking foresight and logic, they allowed the budget to balloon with reshoots that frankly weren't probably needed if they had done the sane thing and changed directors and the script BEFORE you start filming instead of keeping Snyder, have him virtually finish the damn movie and THEN hire someone else to essentially reshoot a bunch of it and try to Frankenstein it all together. It's not Henry and Amy's fault ( nor was it Brandon Routh's fault for SR)for Warner's incompetent guidance of Superman. Yet it feels like they and we the fans are getting penalized. It's crap.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-16-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"now their is no Superman project in development and plans for one could be 3-5 years"

"Sounds like she (Amy Adams) knows she is out, she isn’t sure of the details of the revamp, which we have heard is true and they have a writer in mind for a new Supes movie.”

"That’s exactly what it is and how these roles work, it’s WBs decison, not Cavill’s, not Momoa’s and as far as WB is concerned they are done with Cavill and have already approved writers about a new Superman story"

"Just talks no one is hired yet"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-16-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Are we sure Henry Cavill isn't a Vampire? Look at the Fangs on that guy. Ryoga Hibiki eat your heart out. Maybe Superman doesn't smile cause it's a dead give away.

The journey continues. Thank you to Mr Dave Rienzi for being such a wonderful guide.
    My physical journey over the years has been an interesting one, with plenty of pit falls and plenty of moments of reward. I've been reflecting on them a lot recently and I've been very fortunate to work with some fantastic minds. I'm thankful to them all. Recently I've been exploring some of the big players in bodybuilding, both from the past and the present. It's absolutely fascinating to see what they put themselves through, the drive and mental strength required to get to such a place physically. Phil Heath in particular has caught my eye not only for his achievements but also for his genuinely humble and informative approach to his messaging. All this while being a 7x Mr Olympia. If you haven't checked out his page it's worth a peek.
    It's nice to see he is determined to keep what he gained during MoS and BvS productions.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

It's nice to see he is determined to keep what he gained during MoS and BvS productions.
    And Justice League.

It seems Henry wants to continue with the more actiony roles. Good, but I also want him to combine drama and even some comedy to show his range. Henry is quite funny in real life, imo. My ideal would be if he became another Tom Cruise. He has the looks at least. Not so sure about the talent, but I don't think Cruise is that amazing an actor either, he just knows what roles to take.

It's almost a crime that he's not getting at least one more Superman movie.

Henry needs an romcom starring him and his dog Kal.

Or let his dog be Krypto on Man of Steel 2.