Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    My heart literally skipped a beat before i read the article. I was like " oh no...not you too, Henry."
    Hopefully, this too shall pass.

It was a dumb comment, but I don't think people should be crucified on social media for putting their foots in their mouths and saying stupid ****. I've said insensitive stuff without being able to articulate what I really mean effectively, or when I shouldn't have spoken at all, so I don't like judging people too harshly for doing the same thing.

Man, I'm not even sure if his comments were "putting his foot in his mouth." From what I read (which wasn't the whole article) it just looks like his intent got purposefully twisted up.

I've told friends of mine to keep some mace and/or a knife on them when picking up Uber customers. I've held doors for people coming into a building just behind me. And I do these things regardless of gender, because I try to be a somewhat decent human being. But I've been called sexist for doing both of those things. Apparently the proper response now to such situations is to say "Well, stay unarmed and get murdered by the stranger you let get in your car, my friend!" or "Hey, I'm just gonna let this door slam in your face because you were three steps behind me, have a good day!"

I haven't been on the dating scene in a decade (happily married to a total badass of a woman) but when simple kindness is suddenly turned into some sort of anti-woman statement? Yeah, I'd be calling up the ex too, instead of trying to have a conversation with a stranger who might decide that, because I asked if I could buy her a drink, I'm some sort of maniac.

Some people are so woke they're sound asleep. >shrug< And sadly, Henry (who from all accounts I've heard is a great guy on every level) caught some of that bad mojo. It's a damn shame.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-12-2018 at 06:10 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man, I'm not even sure if his comments were "putting his foot in his mouth." From what I read (which wasn't the whole article) it just looks like his intent got purposefully twisted up.

I've told friends of mine to keep some mace and/or a knife on them when picking up Uber customers. I've held doors for people coming into a building just behind me. And I do these things regardless of gender, because I try to be a somewhat decent human being. But I've been called sexist for doing both of those things. Apparently the proper response now to such situations is to say "Well, stay unarmed and get murdered by the stranger you let get in your car, my friend!" or "Hey, I'm just gonna let this door slam in your face because you were three steps behind me, have a good day!"

I haven't been on the dating scene in a decade (happily married to a total badass of a woman) but when simple kindness is suddenly turned into some sort of anti-woman statement? Yeah, I'd be calling up the ex too, instead of trying to have a conversation with a stranger who might decide that, because I asked if I could buy her a drink, I'm some sort of maniac.

Some people are so woke they're sound asleep. >shrug< And sadly, Henry (who from all accounts I've heard is a great guy on every level) caught some of that bad mojo. It's a damn shame.
    Upon reflection...you're probably right. When I was reading it I was cringing, but I think a lot of that was knowing how some people would react a certain way to it and not so much what he said.

I recall he got some backlash before when saying something along the lines of men being on the receiving end of cat calls and sexual harassment as well, and even went on to clarify that most men (certainly men his size) wouldn't have cause to feel as threatened as a woman might. He still got heat, but it passed by. Hopefully this will too.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It will. He'll be a twitter trend for a hot second (if that) and everybody will move on as if nothing happened.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Other possible DC projects mentioned eagerly by fans include a Superman sequel (not happening, as I've heard there's currently no significant movement yet on a new solo Superman project)."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...perhero-movie/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Other possible DC projects mentioned eagerly by fans include a Superman sequel (not happening, as I've heard there's currently no significant movement yet on a new solo Superman project)."

*sigh*

That's all I can muster at the moment...
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

There's still a DCEU-Superman related news to drop around SDCC week.

There's still a DCEU-Superman related news to drop around SDCC week.
    Right now the most optimistic I’m feeling is that he’ll cameo in Shazam. If he’s received well there I could see WB being more inclined to get a sequel made. But MoS2 isn’t happening any time soon I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Right now the most optimistic I’m feeling is that he’ll cameo in Shazam. If he’s received well there I could see WB being more inclined to get a sequel made. But MoS2 isn’t happening any time soon I think.
    And it sucks that WB fucked things up to the point where this is the best we can hope for for now. Cavill and the character pay for their mistakes.

They should use him in New Gods have Orion, Lightray, Mr. Miracle, or Barda recruit him the feats of the Justice League has traveled the cosmos and Superman being the strongest leaguer is the one chosen for recruitment. Then use Clark as the entry character into this strange new world it would also be different to see him the man who most are usually in awe off being in awe himself of this amazing world of New Genesis.

Master Hero Vladimir

I'm just gonna say it: DC Films is giving Superman the Star Fox treatment, relegating him to cameos and appearances in ensemble films because they are too afraid of screwing up again. While it's admirable that Warner and DC are giving the spotlight to lesser known properties, it's unfair that Superman gets such a raw deal. This feels like the rebuilding era of a sports franchise, a time where they still go out and compete but they do so simply to bide their time, to continue to satiate fans, to bring in some money, waiting for draft picks and players to mature so that at some point, they can be competitive again. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed Superman's roles in Dawn of Justice and Justice League, but those movies, especially Justice League, only deliver a taste of what kind of movie protagonist Superman can be in the modern era. Instead of capitalizing on Henry Cavill's charisma and the long-lasting impact Superman has had in popular culture, especially with the big landmark Action Comics hit with its 1000 issues, DC Films just engaged in a tactical withdrawal and chose to focus on giving movies to other superheroes. It's not a bad move in and of itself, it's just that I expected DC and Warner to show more respect to the character that originated the superhero genre in the first place. The Superman film series isn't dead, but it's not alive either. I genuinely hope that DC Films can give Superman another chance to shine in the big screen because the world deserves another Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Ok, guys, with SDCC coming soon, we might get some news from DC Films about a new Superman movie. Still, I have to ask, what is DC waiting for? They are moving forward with movies for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, the Flash and even the Joker, but what about Superman? I'm a huge Superman fan and I don't want DC and Warner to give him the Star Fox treatment, relegating him to cameos and appearances in ensemble movies while moving the DCEU forward. Superman deserves better.
    I am so heartbroken bu the current state of the DCEU. For me, there are no true successes especially from a world building source material leveraging perspective. WW is touted as the great success by most but if we look at how the movies utterly maul her legend and her mythos I don't get how you call it that beyond "hey it's not the garbage fire that some of the other entries are!"

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm just gonna say it: DC Films is giving Superman the Star Fox treatment, relegating him to cameos and appearances in ensemble films because they are too afraid of screwing up again. While it's admirable that Warner and DC are giving the spotlight to lesser known properties, it's unfair that Superman gets such a raw deal. This feels like the rebuilding era of a sports franchise, a time where they still go out and compete but they do so simply to bide their time, to continue to satiate fans, to bring in some money, waiting for draft picks and players to mature so that at some point, they can be competitive again. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed Superman's roles in Dawn of Justice and Justice League, but those movies, especially Justice League, only deliver a taste of what kind of movie protagonist Superman can be in the modern era. Instead of capitalizing on Henry Cavill's charisma and the long-lasting impact Superman has had in popular culture, especially with the big landmark Action Comics hit with its 1000 issues, DC Films just engaged in a tactical withdrawal and chose to focus on giving movies to other superheroes. It's not a bad move in and of itself, it's just that I expected DC and Warner to show more respect to the character that originated the superhero genre in the first place. The Superman film series isn't dead, but it's not alive either. I genuinely hope that DC Films can give Superman another chance to shine in the big screen because the world deserves another Superman movie.
    This is how I feel.

Damn it I need to win one of those 300 million Powerball jackpots. Then i can get with Henry and Warners and I'll finance the damn thing myself.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

"I sure hope WB aren't stupid enough to...do something real stupid that looks like they're about to do."

"Could be MOS 2. Looks like WB and Henry and his agent is having some contract discussions might have taken a turn for the worse in terms of money but WB and Henry will sort things out."

"That's the one."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...23018537029632

"Still playing catch-up after being away all week, but I’ve gotten a number of MOS2 Qs. Only update I’ve heard was a couple weeks ago when I was told there’s some hardball being played during contract negotiations."

"But it’s still all being characterized as Good/Positive. Both sides WANT to make a deal, but there’s a discrepancy about some of the contract details. It’s expected to work out.

Dany wants to get him paid like an A-Lister!"

https://twitter.com/I_Am_MFR/status/1017943162210406400