Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm not too surprised.
    It's obvious that Cavill likes For Tomorrow because he would have preferred to be more like Azzarello's Superman when he had to face Batfleck in BvS.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Legendary Pictures remembers!

Bertron's Doomsday is still "out there". At least it was when DCEU was following Zack Snyder... So there was a chance for real Doomsday to appear as a villain, maybe for another solo movie, but this time Superman defeats the creature thanks to his past experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Legendary Pictures remembers!

Bertron's Doomsday is still "out there". At least it was when DCEU was following Zack Snyder... So there was a chance for real Doomsday to appear as a villain, maybe for another solo movie, but this time Superman defeats the creature thanks to his past experience.

I think it was mentioned in one article that Steppenwolf had already fought Doomsday.

Jay Oliva, the guy who did the storyboard for Snyder's JL, reveals that Superman uses the freeze-breath in Snyder's version too: https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status...97549741178880

More about Superman's freeze-breath in JL from Mr. Oliva...

"It was supposed to hint at the idea that Superman comes back stronger and with his comic powers. The freeze breath isn’t just a Donner thing. It’s part of Supes’ skill set. I’ve used it in my animated films and series and it’s a thing that I don’t feel is out of character."

"Remember his arc was supposed to eventually turn into the Supes we all know from the comics and animated series. (No turning back rotation of earth or throwing “s” though) 😅"

"We purposely de-powered Supes in MoS so that he can “grow” into the other powers in later films. Remember MoS is basically Superman year 1."

"If you noticed Superman couldn’t use heat vision in the air in MoS. We wanted to make him blind when he used it and that is where he’s vulnerable. Later films he has become better at it and uses it while flying. #characterPowerArc"

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

"It's not an 'S'. On my world, it means hope."

Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-16-2018 at 07:05 AM.

I like Cavill as Superman and I like the enthusiasm he has for the character. I don't feel like Superman has been portrayed in the best light post MOS, so I hope whatever comes next really does the character right.

For some upcoming villains, I would like to see Brainiac make his big-screen debut. Metallo and/or the Parasite can make for some interesting foes as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Henry is being a tease...he's totally getting ready to return SOMEWHERE as Superman. Whether that's in SHAZAM or a cameo in WW 84 ( perhaps as an after credits tease) or hopefully MOS 2. Either way...this is great news.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Henry is being a tease...he's totally getting ready to return SOMEWHERE as Superman. Whether that's in SHAZAM or a cameo in WW 84 ( perhaps as an after credits tease) or hopefully MOS 2. Either way...this is great news.
    Let's hope for some concrete news at SDCC next month.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jay Oliva, the guy who did the storyboard for Snyder's JL, reveals that Superman uses the freeze-breath in Snyder's version too: https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status...97549741178880

More about Superman's freeze-breath in JL from Mr. Oliva...

"It was supposed to hint at the idea that Superman comes back stronger and with his comic powers. The freeze breath isn’t just a Donner thing. It’s part of Supes’ skill set. I’ve used it in my animated films and series and it’s a thing that I don’t feel is out of character."

"Remember his arc was supposed to eventually turn into the Supes we all know from the comics and animated series. (No turning back rotation of earth or throwing “s” though) ��"

"We purposely de-powered Supes in MoS so that he can “grow” into the other powers in later films. Remember MoS is basically Superman year 1."

"If you noticed Superman couldn’t use heat vision in the air in MoS. We wanted to make him blind when he used it and that is where he’s vulnerable. Later films he has become better at it and uses it while flying. #characterPowerArc"

I'm not sure how CavillMan was stronger in JL compared to MoS and BVS. Steppenwolf was just hilariously a weak villain.
    Also about the freeze breath I remember after MoS release that Snyder being interviewed and he said something that might imply that MoS Superman possibly always had the freeze breath ability but he simply didn't use it for whatever reason. Go to the 1:43 mark.

Jonathan Kent from Man of Steel is on this list

It definitely shows

IMG_20180618_101601.jpg

Just saw a BvS analysis that say Batman represented America post 9/11. The fever the rage that turns good men...cruel. Drone strike while effective are cruel and impersonal hense Superman destroying them in MoS and BvS. The DCEU Superman is my second favorite verion of Superman cause his message is so layered, that he can say something without having to say ...anything.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 06-19-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Larry Fong shared how this shot was made: