Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Just saw a BvS analysis that say Batman represented America post 9/11. The fever the rage that turns good men...cruel. Drone strike while effective are cruel and impersonal hense Superman destroying them in MoS and BvS. The DCEU Superman is my second favorite verion of Superman cause his message is so layered, that he can say something without having to say ...anything.
    Well, the beginning of BvS is pretty much the 9/11 but the most interesting fact is that Superman is basically a muslim immigrant if you see it that way. He's the guy who tries to do good only for his actions to be judged or Batman's whole " He might turn bad, I don' care if he does good ", seeing this immigrant as nothing but a number or a statistic can be seen as a racist view

It's a interesting point of view as often, it's the opposite of what is often portrayed where Batman is the rightful underdog with humanity while Superman is this is all-powerful government who rejected humanity ( Red Son, Kingdom Come, Injustice, Justice Lords, The Dark Knight Returns )

BANNED

ScanVFX show off some of their work on the Snyder take on JL:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...eels-superman/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ScanVFX show off some of their work on the Snyder take on JL:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...eels-superman/
    JL looks way better in the ScanVFX video without Whedon's pink filter or whatever crap he did to the color grading.

BTS video posted by Henry Cavill: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYh8KglPRG/

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    BTS video posted by Henry Cavill: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYh8KglPRG/
    From the looks of Henry's movement here, feels like we were meant to get another Flight scene like MoS in Justice League.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 06-23-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    From the looks of Henry's movement here, feels like we were meant to get another Flight scene like MoS in Justice League.
    Henry keeps teasing us. I think we are about to get a firm announcement of his next appearance as Superman.

I certainly hope that when he appears both the Williams and Zimmer themes are incorperated.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

So Henry shared bts footage of a scene that never made it into the movie... I wonder if he knows something. Snyder Cut announcement at SDCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavunion View Post
    Well, the beginning of BvS is pretty much the 9/11 but the most interesting fact is that Superman is basically a muslim immigrant if you see it that way. He's the guy who tries to do good only for his actions to be judged or Batman's whole " He might turn bad, I don' care if he does good ", seeing this immigrant as nothing but a number or a statistic can be seen as a racist view
    Interesting, and it basically also makes Pa Kent's actions and admonishments in MoS sort of make sense. Too bad Zack Snyder isn't a good enough film maker to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavunion View Post
    It's a interesting point of view as often, it's the opposite of what is often portrayed where Batman is the rightful underdog with humanity while Superman is this is all-powerful government who rejected humanity ( Red Son, Kingdom Come, Injustice, Justice Lords, The Dark Knight Returns )
    A lot of these are elseworlds interpretations of the super heroes, but yes, it's interesting how their respective social stances tends to get reversed. Given the way that BvS drew on Miller's Batman run, I think you could write one really interesting essay on political aesthetics, especially in light of your observation above.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Interesting, and it basically also makes Pa Kent's actions and admonishments in MoS sort of make sense. Too bad Zack Snyder isn't a good enough film maker to pull it off.

A lot of these are elseworlds interpretations of the super heroes, but yes, it's interesting how their respective social stances tends to get reversed. Given the way that BvS drew on Miller's Batman run, I think you could write one really interesting essay on political aesthetics, especially in light of your observation above.
    Can I ask how you think he didn't pull it off and what you think should have been done instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can I ask how you think he didn't pull it off and what you think should have been done instead?
    The prime example is that if Heavunion's observation/theory is supported, it should show in Pa Kent's behaviour, as an admonishment based in empathy and experience. Instead, it was described in terms as "cold utilitarian principles".

So it's not only Snyder's strength as a film maker, the script itself doesn't seem to really support Heavunion's reading. How it should have been to support it? There are lots of possible options, but making him more like Diana's mother Hippolyta in Wonder Woman would have been one example: her desire to protect Diana comes from her own experience in Man's World and her parental desire to shield Diana from hurt (which is defined broadly). Note that when Diana first finds out her powers, Hippolyta's first reaction is to blame herself, not blame Diana. And Hippolyta arguably had lots more reasons to chew out Diana than Pa Kent had to chew out Clark after saving the children in the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The prime example is that if Heavunion's observation/theory is supported, it should show in Pa Kent's behaviour, as an admonishment based in empathy and experience. Instead, it was described in terms as "cold utilitarian principles".

So it's not only Snyder's strength as a film maker, the script itself doesn't seem to really support Heavunion's reading. How it should have been to support it? There are lots of possible options, but making him more like Diana's mother Hippolyta in Wonder Woman would have been one example: her desire to protect Diana comes from her own experience in Man's World and her parental desire to shield Diana from hurt (which is defined broadly). Note that when Diana first finds out her powers, Hippolyta's first reaction is to blame herself, not blame Diana. And Hippolyta arguably had lots more reasons to chew out Diana than Pa Kent had to chew out Clark after saving the children in the bus.
    Well thanks for the reply but can't say I agree with that. Clark admits that Jonathan was afraid of how people would react to Clark and this is seen in BvS primarily through Lex and Bruce. The idea Jonathan isn't doing this because he loves his son really has no basis in the movie.

If anything these movies show that treating Superman as anything other than a regular person is a problem. People worshipping him makes him visibly uncomfortable and Luthor and Bruce viewing him as a monster is the source of the cruelty. By contrast he's most happy around Lois and his mother where he can be himself.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-24-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Henry keeps teasing us. I think we are about to get a firm announcement of his next appearance as Superman.
    Maybe in less than 4 weeks. *cough* SDCC *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    So Henry shared bts footage of a scene that never made it into the movie... I wonder if he knows something. Snyder Cut announcement at SDCC?
    I don't think we'll ever see the Snyder Cut in the foreseeable future.

The Snyder Cut contains teases of Darkseid and the Knightmare future, it makes no sense to release a version of JL that sets up a sequel that will not happen.

It's more likely that, down the line, we'll get an extended version of JL that includes more footage filmed by Snyder.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

It looks like it's from the BvS filming.

Rumor: a Superman-related news should come out before SDCC: https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...90948067110912