No cons here, just the pros:

1. Best Cinematic Lois Lane

2. Best Cinematic Lois & Clark relationship

3. Most physically fit / ripped Live-Action Clark Kent

4. Best Live-Action Super-suit

5. Best Live-Action Krypton

6. Best Live-Action Jor-El

7. Best Kryptonian fight

8. Best Cinematic Female Kryptonian (Faora)

9. Best Live-Action Special Effects

10. Best Live-Action Fashion Sense for Clark Kent

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    No cons here, just the pros:

1. Best Cinematic Lois Lane

2. Best Cinematic Lois & Clark relationship
    The best part about all of that is how people involved get it so much

Well i won't say Amy Adams is the best Lois Lane. But she is definitely perfect. If i envision a Lois Lane in the real world right now she is pretty much what i would imagine. When you get one of the best actresses of this generation you have a fantastic Lois Lane in Amy Adams.

I want at least a trilogy with her as Lois Lane. MoS was the first one. I am waiting for the next two.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-29-2017 at 02:59 AM.

One of the most notable scenes in BvS for me would be the moment when he saved Lex Luthor from Doomsday. Not only it is the most Superman thing to do, but it also shuts up what Lex was saying previously "If God is all powerful he cannot be all good. If he is all good, he cannot be all powerful". But Superman is not a God, that's the point, he is a guy who decided to do good with powers he was given and if he could have been there for Lex to comfort after his father beaten him, then he would, because that's what Superman does, he is there for everyone in trouble, friend or foe.

There are plenty of very Superman moments for this version. There's a lot to like. I really enjoyed the oil rig rescue. Some of the moments that I really love are just kind of off handedly sprinkled in through out the movies. I love how he catches the soldier falling out of the helicopter in MOS, then asks if he's alright. I love how in every fight, he tries to move the action away from the civilians. He's not always successful, but he does always try. I like that Clark gets in trouble for writing social justice pieces for the Planet instead of just covering sports or something. Putting in that he uses his journalism to help people to was a great touch.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    One of the most notable scenes in BvS for me would be the moment when he saved Lex Luthor from Doomsday. Not only it is the most Superman thing to do, but it also shuts up what Lex was saying previously "If God is all powerful he cannot be all good. If he is all good, he cannot be all powerful". But Superman is not a God, that's the point, he is a guy who decided to do good with powers he was given and if he could have been there for Lex to comfort after his father beaten him, then he would, because that's what Superman does, he is there for everyone in trouble, friend or foe.

fists and abominations.jpg

Absolutely one of the best subtle details in the movie. Completely love the irony of a man from the sky saving Lex from an abomination of his own creation.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

One of the things I liked (and it was so understated, really, that most people either missed it or ignored it (but it has been pointed out in this thread)) is that Clark was helping people out long before he put on the cape. It wasn't just the school bus rescue - he was helping for years, across the board.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    fists and abominations.jpg

Absolutely one of the best subtle details in the movie. Completely love the irony of a man from the sky saving Lex from an abomination of his own creation.
    Loved that touch too. He literally proves Lex wrong with his actions.

The people who grouce about MOS and BvS being nothing more than empty action movies with nothing of substance or lacking any heart or subtlety either didn't pay close attention or it went over their heads or choose not to see those things because they dislike the films for other reasons. You may not like the movies, and you may dislike the approach, but careful viewings of these movies really reveal they are more than mindless action.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    One of the things I liked (and it was so understated, really, that most people either missed it or ignored it (but it has been pointed out in this thread)) is that Clark was helping people out long before he put on the cape. It wasn't just the school bus rescue - he was helping for years, across the board.
    Great point that many miss. Not to speak ill of other versions, but I don't see this Superman giving up his powers and turning away from helping people just to get laid.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

And if you think about it, Lex doesn't hate Superman because of his racism towards aliens or something close to that, but because Superman wasn't there when Lex needed one. That's just a whole new personal level of conflict between these two and closest to that was in Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Loved that touch too. He literally proves Lex wrong with his actions.

The people who grouce about MOS and BvS being nothing more than empty action movies with nothing of substance or lacking any heart or subtlety either didn't pay close attention or it went over their heads or choose not to see those things because they dislike the films for other reasons. You may not like the movies, and you may dislike the approach, but careful viewings of these movies really reveal they are more than mindless action.

Great point that many miss. Not to speak ill of other versions, but I don't see this Superman giving up his powers and turning away from helping people just to get laid.
    No man from the sky swooped down to save me from daddy’s fists & abominations!”...and then, when an abomination throws a fist, a man swoops from the sky to stop it. There is so, so much to love about this Superman, and it pains me to know there are so many who won’t see it (for many of the reasons you mention). It makes me want to shake people until they wake up & see what we do lol

In MoS, Jor El tells him that “...one day, they will join you in the sun.” I’m presently hoping against hope that the shot of the Justice League from the trailers, where they are standing in a line with the orange sunrise behind them, is from a part of the film when they are all looking at Clark. Snyder has said that JL is the finale to a trilogy of films, and this would be an amazing way to cap it off.

Bonus points if my theory is correct and the Codex is used to bring him back :P If they find a way to activate the Codex, essentially reanimating his cells, it would also complete the plot thread started in MoS (and also making it a one-time resurrection, like the comics). Anyway, this isn’t a speculation thread, so I’ll stop. I just get excited anytime I can talk about my favorite Live Action Superman
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm glad to see this because honestly, I loved both movies so far. I've seen each one several times and think they did some very slick interpretations of huge Superman themes and moments.

In BvS Superman actually sacrifices himself twice for humanity, because I'm more than sure he didn't knew that he can survive nuclear bomb, but he still took it along with Doomsday hoping that it will kill the monster. He was willing to die already in that moment and even when he came back thanks to the sun, it didn't stop him to sacrifice himself again right away, but this time he took the moment to at least say goodbye to Lois.

And about MoS and BvS story telling and both movies resonating with each other

If this is not art, then I don't know what else is. With his super hearing and constant perception of troubles in the world, even Superman needs an anchor to hold on to, because that's just too much of a burden for single person to bear that all alone, because "World is too big".

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Every time Clark is being snarky as Superman, god I love it.

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Every time Clark is being snarky as Superman, god I love it.

I loved that addition in Ultimate Edition. Again, it dives deeper into Lex's motivation and gives us classic Superman vs Lex dialogue brawl.

Also, I love the details of Lois and Clark apartements, like this photo. I remember Amy Adams talking about how they were actually doing those in behind the scenes, it gives this warming feel of them having personal time with each other during that 2 years time skip

MOS is my favorite CBM to date. I've watched it countless times and still find little things I didn't notice. It hasn't been posted on here yet, so here you go. The world engine scene is amazingly powerful.