Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

I read what he said and the backlash just proves him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That will take some of the heat off but some people will still hate forever. Whatever, as long as he’s more careful he’ll be fine. Evans is a golden boy despite laughing at Renner’s joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "I sure hope WB aren't stupid enough to...do something real stupid that looks like they're about to do."

"Could be MOS 2. Looks like WB and Henry and his agent is having some contract discussions might have taken a turn for the worse in terms of money but WB and Henry will sort things out."

"That's the one."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...23018537029632

"Still playing catch-up after being away all week, but I’ve gotten a number of MOS2 Qs. Only update I’ve heard was a couple weeks ago when I was told there’s some hardball being played during contract negotiations."

"But it’s still all being characterized as Good/Positive. Both sides WANT to make a deal, but there’s a discrepancy about some of the contract details. It’s expected to work out.

Dany wants to get him paid like an A-Lister!"

https://twitter.com/I_Am_MFR/status/1017943162210406400
    Fallout is a critical success, if it’s a big hit commercially too I could see WB caving. They probably don’t want to replace Bats and Supes at the same time. Now Cavill just needs to not put his foot in his mouth again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Fallout is a critical success
    You mean that mustache actually proved beneficial to his career after all?

Life indeed finds a way.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I am so heartbroken bu the current state of the DCEU. For me, there are no true successes especially from a world building source material leveraging perspective. WW is touted as the great success by most but if we look at how the movies utterly maul her legend and her mythos I don't get how you call it that beyond "hey it's not the garbage fire that some of the other entries are!"
    Most see it as a great success because it doesn't "utterly maul her legend and her mythos." It doesn't do anything that doesn't have its roots in the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I read what he said and the backlash just proves him right.
    It really does.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    That will take some of the heat off but some people will still hate forever. Whatever, as long as he’s more careful he’ll be fine. Evans is a golden boy despite laughing at Renner’s joke.

Fallout is a critical success, if it’s a big hit commercially too I could see WB caving. They probably don’t want to replace Bats and Supes at the same time. Now Cavill just needs to not put his foot in his mouth again.
    Well Evans did apologise so that might be why he's seen as a golden boy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Most see it as a great success because it doesn't "utterly maul her legend and her mythos." It doesn't do anything that doesn't have its roots in the source material.

It really does.
    Eh, I think saying a woman should be chased deserves some side eye.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe a bit, but it's not like he meant literal chasing, and I hardly see how maybe wording something poorly warrants speculation from some parties that it's only a matter of time before he rapes someone.

He shouldn't have apologized thb. He brought out a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Upon reflection...you're probably right. When I was reading it I was cringing, but I think a lot of that was knowing how some people would react a certain way to it and not so much what he said.

I recall he got some backlash before when saying something along the lines of men being on the receiving end of cat calls and sexual harassment as well, and even went on to clarify that most men (certainly men his size) wouldn't have cause to feel as threatened as a woman might. He still got heat, but it passed by. Hopefully this will too.
    Exactly. The twitter/social media crowd is toxic as hell and should just be ignored.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think its just a common phrase people used to use. Cavill and I are about the same age I think (he's only 30-something right?) and that's what we used to call it too.

No one ever literally chased anyone (not like a horror movie or anything). If you got a "no" you stopped "chasing." But it used to be about the process of courting a girl (to use another term that doesn't get used anymore), catching her eye, her interest, getting to know each other enough to know whether you wanted to bother going on a date, etc. I don't know what that's called anymore, if it's called anything, but it seems to me like he just used a term that the kids today have decided to be offended by. F**k them.

#Henrywasright.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think its just a common phrase people used to use. Cavill and I are about the same age I think (he's only 30-something right?) and that's what we used to call it too.

No one ever literally chased anyone (not like a horror movie or anything). If you got a "no" you stopped "chasing." But it used to be about the process of courting a girl (to use another term that doesn't get used anymore), catching her eye, her interest, getting to know each other enough to know whether you wanted to bother going on a date, etc. I don't know what that's called anymore, if it's called anything, but it seems to me like he just used a term that the kids today have decided to be offended by. F**k them.

#Henrywasright.
    It also pisses me off that woman will also complain if you DONT chase them. Cavill said that he would rather avoid trouble and women got prissy about it. But is just Twitter. I went to his Instagram and YouTube, and aside from 2 or 3 stupid people he is getting support because they know he is right.

Astonishing Member

What Henry said was right. We live in strange times where people now need to be extra careful about interacting with people lest they suddenly be accused of something horrible. I think people are overreacting over his statements, being over sensitive when all he's done is address our new reality. This "fallout" will soon pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    What Henry said was right. We live in strange times where people now need to be extra careful about interacting with people lest they suddenly be accused of something horrible. I think people are overreacting over his statements, being over sensitive when all he's done is address our new reality. This "fallout" will soon pass.
    And they also proved his point

The issue with Cavill's comment is that he appears worried about being seen as doing something inappropriate as opposed to actually doing something inappropriate. They might seem the same thing but they aren't. The latter is being aware of yourself and the latter is placing the onus on the person you're trying to flirt with to not be offended by you. It's an issue the me too movement has been trying to combat by acknowledging that it shouldn't be on the person being harassed to put the harasser at ease. No woman is going to call you a rapist for flirting with her. If you're afraid you'll be accused of rape for flirting with a woman, maybe rethink the way you flirt? Ultimately, it comes down to taking responsibility for your actions.