Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Clark's portrait in MoS is fine. IMO, his motivations needed to be fleshed out more during the 1st act, and the destruction of 3rd act should've been toned down and let Superman speaking his mind more while facing Zod.

BvS is where the real problems lying. Instead of listening to the common criticisms to MoS, Snyder doubled down on things that people hated of the previous movie and reduced Superman to a plot device.

JL as a whole is an amateurish piece of garbage that I don't even consider a movie. However, I liked the 2 deleted scenes with Superman filmed by Snyder.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-16-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Clark's portrait in MoS is fine. IMO, his motivations needed to be fleshed out more during the 1st act, and the destruction of 3rd act should've been toned down and let Superman speaking his mind more while facing Zod.

BvS is where the real problems lying. Instead of listening to the common criticisms to MoS, Snyder doubled down on things that people hated of the previous movie and reduced Superman to a plot device.

JL as a whole is an amateurish piece of garbage that I don't even consider a movie. However, I liked the 2 deleted scenes with Superman filmed by Snyder.
    I can't even get through MOS & BVS anymore I own them and I just tried this past weekend to watch BvS the Ultimate Cut again and just couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I can't even get through MOS & BVS anymore I own them and I just tried this past weekend to watch BvS the Ultimate Cut again and just couldn't.
    I find that MoS gets better with each rewatch, but to each his own.

Master Hero Vladimir

I'm telling you all, Henry is the only one holding the torch for a new Superman film. He gives it his all out of sheer love for the character and deserves another chance to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

A man just trying to do the right thing doesn't NEED motivation, that's the point.

Yes Superman was a Plot device BvS cause the movie wasn't Man of Steel 2 so it wasn't truly about Him but the worlds reaction to him which was neccessary IMO yet he still had things to say as Clark Kent who just happens to be Superman. The problem came when they cut Clark out of the theatrical cut killing Superman's "voice".

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Only if you you apply brooding very liberally.
    No matter how we define it or describe it, or the context involved making it appropriate/realistic or not, the fact of the matter is the take wasn't widely embraced. If it was, a Superman sequel wouldn't be in doubt right now.

In hindsight, it was a mistake to be experimental/subversive so early in the DCEU game. It's not smart to blow so much money on a film that isn't going to appeal to the largest number of people as possible to make the investment worth it. Wonder Woman being widely embraced is proof that none of this was necessary with Superman, or at the very least needed more competent talent behind the camera to deliver it. Snyder wasn't the man for the job, but the fault lies more in giving him the job, making him cram so much stuff into the film, and then forcing him to butcher it in the editing room.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I honestly think that all the Superman scenes in JL sucked and made the whole movies worse. By a lot. I wouldn't bother going in a theater to see a SUperman solo movie if it had even a semblance of the tone his scenes had in JL, and hopefully, I wouldn't be the only one.
    He was considered one of the very few highlights in the film by the people who bothered to go see it, horrible CGI lips and all. A more competently made film with that take would go over well. More semblance of that tone would probably help the DCEU get a more dignified reputation, which it certainly doesn't have now outside of WW and (sort of) MOS.

As it stands, JL was deemed unwatchable by critics but still considered an improvement Snyder's full take in BvS. What does that tell you?

Henry Cavill: I would be very kin to play classic comic Supes before play evil.

I absolutely love his answer. Henry really gets it. And Brainiac is what I want to see too!

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...15782548320256

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I like that Henry wants to keep character serious, less goofyness and more Man of Steel wibe to the sequel with badass action. He wants his power level to be taken seriously as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He was considered one of the very few highlights in the film by the people who bothered to go see it, horrible CGI lips and all. A more competently made film with that take would go over well. More semblance of that tone would probably help the DCEU get a more dignified reputation, which it certainly doesn't have now outside of WW and (sort of) MOS.

As it stands, JL was deemed unwatchable by critics but still considered an improvement Snyder's full take in BvS. What does that tell you?
    That peoples have poor taste and are unable to even see the very basic premise off how to make a good story. Because every scene of Superman in JL undermined the whole movie story. Most peoples may not care about it, but I do. I don't care about how pretty things are, I care about what's been told to the audience. And what was being told to the audience was that the JL is useless. Utterly and completely useless, when Superman is around, and helpless when he isn't here.

That's terrible story-telling, because why would people want to go and see another JL movie, when they know that Superman alone can handle any threat thrown his way ? Sure, you can have background supporting characters like Batman and Wonder Woman clearly the way for big ol' Supe to beat the Big Baddy, but that's all they're good at. That's what the released version of JL tell, underneath the pretty effects and the smiling Superman : the whole shared universe is useless because once he's all sunny and rainbows and quips, Superman can handle just about anything.

Flash can save five peoples ? Please, Superman can save hundreds in the same time !
    Aquaman can have that cool bro vibe killing parademons ? Please, Superman can have the same kind of aura spanking a New God !
    Wonder Woman is a powerhouse and one of the strongest heroes ? Well, Superman is like thrice the powerhouse she is, and get to be the chivalrous gentleman getting ride of the harassing asshole Steppenwolf !

And those problems are why i'm really wary of Captain Marvel for the MCU : if she is so powerful, then why are other heroes needed ? I hope Marvel will handle such power levels better than WB/DC did, however, because otherwise the movies will be pretty but emptier than ever in term of good storytelling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The guy has openly admitted in the past he's not a fan of the "iconic" Superman, that tells you everything.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

So with Cavill playing hardball with his contract negotiation, it looks like this will be YET ANOTHER Comic Con where there is no Superman sequel announced. W.T.F.

Cavill is probably reading our convos: https://youtu.be/ZHuUMJdhPlk?t=2m3s