Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As we saw from JL's first trailers/teasers, Snyder added humor to the movie. And I found it better than Whedon's "thirsty Lois", "anal-probe" and Flash falling on Diana's boobs. I'm no Snyder fanboy, I hated BvS, but Whedon's JL is another kind of bad movie.
    I'm not Snyder fanboy either, but I like some of his movies, including BvS and I love MOS. Both movies have flaws, IMO, but I still like them for their stories and for taking Superman seriously. I think all the Superman movies, including Donner have flaws and things I dislike, but I still like them as a whole. I even find things to like in Superman 4.. Those jokes in JL were in poor taste, but it doesn't ruin the movie for me just like Otis doesn't ruin Superman The Movie for me either and some other stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think Snyder's JL would probably get a similar RT score as BvS. I really think his JL wouldn't be too different to BvS. Snyder just can't do fun or humor well enough. He doesn't seem interested in that. He is ultra serious. Also BvS's cinemascore is a B, while JL's was B+, so general audiences considered JL more enjoyable to watch. Critics too despite JL messy visuals. Most people outside of the Snyder fanboys agree that the characters were more likable and their chemistry stronger in the Whedon cut than in BvS.

It was very telling to me when JL opened much lower than BvS. It meant that general audiences were turned off by BvS and never went back to see the sequel.

And about Henry's thoughts on BvS, I didn't pay attention to the filming of that movie. But despite my gripes with Superman's portrayal, he was still the character everybody was obsessed with. Both Lex and Batman were. And it was Superman's sacrifice and goodness what turned Bruce back into a hero. He admitted he was wrong about Superman and that he failed him. I loved that part very much. I just wished we had seen more of that goodness in Supes that we were told about. That's where Snyder failed IMO. He failed to show Supes' lighter side and how the people who liked him felt about him. It's why I adore the Superman/kids scene in JL; I forgive his cgi mouth because he was very friendly and approachable with those kids. That's what I needed to see most.
    WHAT DID YOU WANT TO SEE? Good Grief They had an Entire Montage of Superman saving people. He leaves an active investigation to save a Girl trapped in an Inferno yet You talk about him like he's a freaking Monster.

About Superman being Approachable they weren't going for that Angle in this Movie cause They wanted to show Superman the Godlike Being from the perspective of the people as compared to Superman the MAN from HIS perspective in Man of Steel. There's a difference in how the world see's us vs. how we see ourselves. I think I see now why many people are so comfortable with the Clark is who I am and Superman what I Do interpretation is cause they see Clark as more approachable then Superman and want that to be the case for the whole. The fact that he can crush titanium like a soda can never comes up cause it's Clark he wouldn't do that to a person... right? I always preferred the Clark is the Disguise cause He can't turn Superman Off so has to pretend and fake things he's never experienced like fear of injury or fatigue, kinda like like how a stable Sociopath has to fake empathy when he's incapable of giving a ****. Clark may truly be who he is but that person is still an Alien and ya gotta respect what that means. People wanted Superman year Ten in these movies at year Two and Curse Snyder for not giving them that but he was playing the long game. You can't build a House without giving it a solid foundation, That why the Donner-verse collapsed IMO the more "stories" the stacked on top cause there was nowhere really for the Main character to evolve cause he was born perfect. Snyder's Superman was Evolving cause he thought about the things he did and were said to him and changed he actions accordingly. Just look at how he fought Doomsday verses how he fought Zod. He learned from his mistakes during the BZE an tried to take him Out into space Immediately. That's the kind of Superman I want. One who learns and evolves because of it. Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 07-21-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    WHAT DID YOU WANT TO SEE? Good Grief They had an Entire Montage of Superman saving people. He leaves an active investigation to save a Girl trapped in an Inferno yet You talk about him like he's a freaking Monster.
    - He doesn't save cats from trees.
    - But Bruce Wayne literally said that he does...
    - BUT HE DOESN'T ON SCREEN!!11
    - He saved a girl from a near death experience when nobody could, he did the impossible possible...
    - BUT DID HE SMILED?!11

This fight is endless.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really dig that there are more practical effects on display, and that this is comparatively smaller scale than literally every other one of these movies. Seems like the whole thing is going to live or die off of how well realized and enjoyable these character are. Basically the Spider-Man: Homecoming situation.

Similar to Homecoming we have a teenage character basically running to grow up, and quite literally casting himself in the mold of his idol. However, in this case it's Freddy who idolizes the hero. That's honestly a nice touch because I expect Freddy to be the immediately likable one, and it's understandable that the child with the physical disability finds some strength in the apex of human physicality and ingenuity and walking man-god. The main crux for Billy will likely be living up to the hero in his foster brother thinks he can be.

Seems like flight is the thematic reward, and that's a pretty nice touch.

I wonder if the rumors about Billy meeting Superman at the end will be true? My only actual issues with the trailer was how it was cut near the start and the song choice. Between the charming subdued and practical effects and the subject matter, I think they should've gone with a softer sound with less harsh cuts. Lean a little more into the obvious Big (movie) aspect of it. Then the second trailer you go for the modern sound to complement your villain's spotlight.

But still pretty down for this one.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-21-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I hope we get to see Shazam and Cavill's superman interact on screen, that's just a bundle of fun waiting to happen. I don't even need em to fight first.

While I look forward to the Captain Marvel movie (both of 'em :P ) I wished there where some tangible MoS2 news.

The mistake people do is taking BvS as the template for Snyder's Superman. From the footage we got of Snyder's Justice League, it seems clear that the ideal Superman for Zack Snyder was closer to Man of Steel which wasn't a bad version of the character at all.

I really liked how the movie had a lot of moments of everyone willing to give their life, either to save people by Hardy and Hamilton or to give hope to Jenny by Perry White and I think it's a big thing about Superman, it's not about Superman saving us, it's about Superman inspiring us save eachother

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I want to see a Superman cameo at the end of Shazam so bad...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Shazzam through deadpool?

BANNED

I have to admit that the new Bendis superman books are off to a good start. It is a little jumpy, and the Martian Manhunter is a creepy, but overall, it is a quality read.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If Superman will not appear in Shazam! even for just 30 seconds, I'm going to have a meltdown like Mark Waid at the theater.

I think it's almost certain that Superman will appear in Shazam! But thin they will keep it under wraps and maybe wait to the last trailer for a little tease of him if he gets shown at all before the actual movie. I can understand they want Shazam to stand on it's own two feet and not feel like it needs to show Superman to be successful.

Announcing Superman in this movie would just about overshadow everything else leading up to release.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    While I look forward to the Captain Marvel movie (both of 'em :P ) I wished there where some tangible MoS2 news.
    Cavill and WB gotta come to an agreement first. We’ll have a better idea of the future once we get MI’s box office.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Shazzam through deadpool?
    It feels very inspired by the New 52 Geoff Johns/ Gary Frank version of Shazam.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.