Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

We are appreciating DCEU Superman. This can't not be posted. Even if its just a poster. I find that its not just a poster.

Copied from Superman in JL movie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Oh my Lord! That's the Zimmer theme! Its fantastic! The last time i got goosebumps by a promotional material was perhaps the Man of Steel. Oh no that's literal! Watched the trailers a few days back. They still go to the heart.

The most powerful sensation out of sight, sound, touch and smell, which touches the heart most directly is the sound. The hopeful tones of Lois Lane alongwith the sensational score is combined with the theme of Superman perfectly captured in these moving images.

Really loved it!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

To me DCEU Superman is a story how pure heroism can exist under the pressure of harsh reality and where love conquers all.

Superman can doubt himself, feel sad and angry, go through all emotions as we do, but in the end chose to be a force for greater good. He finds his own path after an experience of various situations that formed his heroic self.

Where Lois Lane represents how humans and their heroism still matter even in the world that has Superman. She represents our potential, how we can all contribute if we do our best in our own areas.

DCEU gives hope where it is dark, it shines the light where things are serious. It doesn’t hide real world problems, but explores them through scale of super hero comic books adaptation and giving us a very clear answer, that if we want to save this world and make it better, we need to come together, be compassionate to one another, showing acceptance and love. Every person can be a force for good.

It all started with Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder, starring Henry Cavill and Amy Adams as two first main characters in history of super hero comic books Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El and Lois Lane that deputed on pages of Action Comics #1 back in 1938, created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Thank you, Zack Snyder.

I'm just feeling so emotional lately with Justice League coming closer and closer and I needed to write this. I'm just afraid that if people and critics are going to like Justice League, they won't be giving credits to the person responsible for all of this in the first place, even if JL credits are saying "a Zack Snyder film", "directed by Zack Snyder", "story by Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder", I have a feeling they are going to say that this movie is good all thanks to Joss Whedon or something like that. Because these people didn't liked MoS and BvS, so that is a reason enough for them to think that JL came out good not thanks to Zack Snyder. I'm still feeling sorry for what happened with Zack and really sad that he couldn't finish Justice League movie on his own, but I'm sure will be seeing JL as his film alone. He gathered this amazing cast and all of these talents, created DCEU with Man of Steel thus creating all of these opportunities for others to tell stories with DC caracters in DCEU world. He is like a father of DCEU same way as Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster are fathers of Superman. Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League are Zack Snyder's Superman trilogy and hopefully history will remember it that way.

What is also would be disappointing is that if people are going to like JL, they will be giving credits to Joss Whedon, but if they don't JL, they will blame Zack Snyder all over again. Ugh. Sorry for going off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    We are appreciating DCEU Superman. This can't not be posted. Even if its just a poster. I find that its not just a poster.

Copied from Superman in JL movie thread.
    YES! I was so happy to hear something that would remind me of Hans Zimmer's score, because I'm still not sold on Danny Eflman. Promoting Superman through Lois Lane is the best marketing decision they could ever come up with. I'm so ready to see how this trilogy is going to be concluded. I think MoS, BvS and JL is a way of Zack Snyder giving status quo to this Superman and DCEU in general, so I will be excited beforehand where all of this will go after Justice League.

I hope Lois is very central to Justice League. DCEU Lois might genuinely be my favorite take on the character ever, and her primacy is key-- er, even though I dislike the idea of her being "the" key to Superman turning evil or whatever the hell it is.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I hope Lois is very central to Justice League. DCEU Lois might genuinely be my favorite take on the character ever, and her primacy is key-- er, even though I dislike the idea of her being "the" key to Superman turning evil or whatever the hell it is.
    I love Amy Adams and enjoy her as Lois but I think she misses that kind of...spitfire reporter personality and sass that I'm used to from other depictions of Lois, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Amy Adams and enjoy her as Lois but I think she misses that kind of...spitfire reporter personality and sass that I'm used to from other depictions of Lois, if that makes any sense.
    I kind of get what you are saying. I love Amy Adams Lois Lane. Can't get enough of her. But Margot Kidder is my favorite. And i watched Superman The Movie after Man of Steel.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-08-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see what you mean, but I think sometimes the sass can get to the point where it'd almost interfere with her work. Teri Hatcher did a great job for example, but imagine her saying Adams' "If we're done measuring dicks" line from Man of Steel. Hatcher would have said it with a twinkle in her eye so big you'd think it was a lens flare, and rolled her eyes so hard they'd have come out of her head and hit the screen. It worked really well in her own show, which was fairly campy, but I'm glad Adams didn't have anything like it. Delaney's Lane is more subdued but has a similar sass, so she might be a good compromise between Hatcher and Adams.

I also love Phyllis Coates, who's tough-as-nails, and better (in my humble opinion) than Noel Neill, who partially owing to worse writing tended to play Lois more as a cartoon character.

Still, I think a lot of what makes a Lois great has to come down to writing, and I don't know if anyone has gotten better writing for Lois than Adams has.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I'm not much of a Superman reader but I loved MOS. Never enjoyed the old movies or any of the animated stuff. MOS made Superman feel like real person. Best costume anywhere & that includes the comics. My exposure to the character is limited but this is the only Superman for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I see what you mean, but I think sometimes the sass can get to the point where it'd almost interfere with her work. Teri Hatcher did a great job for example, but imagine her saying Adams' "If we're done measuring dicks" line from Man of Steel. Hatcher would have said it with a twinkle in her eye so big you'd think it was a lens flare, and rolled her eyes so hard they'd have come out of her head and hit the screen. It worked really well in her own show, which was fairly campy, but I'm glad Adams didn't have anything like it. Delaney's Lane is more subdued but has a similar sass, so she might be a good compromise between Hatcher and Adams.
    I think Durance could probably have pulled it off as well.

I think Delaney and Durance both captured Lois and her personality as well as I've seen in anything.

There are many great Lois Lanes. I haven't seen a lot of them myself. Amy Adams is one of my favorites. Amy Adams as Lois is special. She is one of the major reasons i wish a MoS sequel. I think Adekis has explained her pretty much perfectly in choicest of words. (I agree with him even if i haven't seen Lois and Clark. I can get a general idea of what Teri Hatcher's performance was like). Thanks Adekis.

My words were somewhat vague. Something like if i imagine Lois Lane in the real world right now i think of her. Margot Kidder was in a different setting. Though i feel out of place in glorifying her. I sense a dislike. No matter. I love Amy Adams as Lois Lane. And won't be satisfied unless there are a couple of films with her in a central role before she hangs up her...voice recorder?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-14-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

I'm just feeling so emotional lately with Justice League coming closer and closer and I needed to write this. I'm just afraid that if people and critics are going to like Justice League, they won't be giving credits to the person responsible for all of this in the first place, even if JL credits are saying "a Zack Snyder film", "directed by Zack Snyder", "story by Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder", I have a feeling they are going to say that this movie is good all thanks to Joss Whedon or something like that. Because these people didn't liked MoS and BvS, so that is a reason enough for them to think that JL came out good not thanks to Zack Snyder. I'm still feeling sorry for what happened with Zack and really sad that he couldn't finish Justice League movie on his own, but I'm sure will be seeing JL as his film alone. He gathered this amazing cast and all of these talents, created DCEU with Man of Steel thus creating all of these opportunities for others to tell stories with DC caracters in DCEU world. He is like a father of DCEU same way as Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster are fathers of Superman. Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League are Zack Snyder's Superman trilogy and hopefully history will remember it that way.

What is also would be disappointing is that if people are going to like JL, they will be giving credits to Joss Whedon, but if they don't JL, they will blame Zack Snyder all over again. Ugh. Sorry for going off topic.
    Having seen Justice League Monday night at one of the screener events and given some time to decompress and unpack lots of what wen on in the 2 hours. I really have to agree so much. Snyder has given us something that maybe a casual film goer would not even have picked up on. The subtleties in these movies, the thought and structuring of so many things for a pay off in Justice League, it's unreal. I sure hope people look back on this trilogy with more understanding than viewing it as stand alone parts. I cant wait to see more of this Superman and more of ALL of these characters.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Well... We had a good run. Going to watch MoS and BvS Ultimate Edition on repeat. Apperantely the only way that Superman can be a "right version" (according to critics and some folks) in a movie is when he smiles and throws one-liners while inflicting violence and when the world is about to end literally, not taking the world, situations and himself seriously. It's like people want a cartoon, but with actors, not a thought provoking movie with three dimensional characters arcs. Sorry for being a debby downer, but... Justice League turned out to be not the way I imagined.

Last edited by GreatKungLao; 11-20-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm not down, but I had some problems as JL, like anything, isn't perfect. A few characters were just boring to me. Superman... I'm not sure why his role gets hype in that movie. I feel like they gave him safe dialogue and a very safe role overall. Safe isn't bad at all, but the idea they "got him right" because they put less heart into it doesn't entirely work for me.

Of course, Cavill is still utterly cool with everything they give him to work with. Which is pretty neat in a movie with a threat so big it requires half a dozen heroes.

Oh, and I feel the same regarding Snyder and his group. If they delivered a Superman people like, it shouldn't be written off as a fluke or some kind of mistake. Criticisms don't account for things to come so it's not stumbling into a good Superman so much as getting to a projected point that critics just couldn't see before its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm not down, but I had some problems as JL, like anything, isn't perfect. A few characters were just boring to me. Superman... I'm not sure why his role gets hype in that movie. I feel like they gave him safe dialogue and a very safe role overall. Safe isn't bad at all, but the idea they "got him right" because they put less heart into it doesn't entirely work for me.

Of course, Cavill is still utterly cool with everything they give him to work with. Which is pretty neat in a movie with a threat so big it requires half a dozen heroes.

Oh, and I feel the same regarding Snyder and his group. If they delivered a Superman people like, it shouldn't be written off as a fluke or some kind of mistake. Criticisms don't account for things to come so it's not stumbling into a good Superman so much as getting to a projected point that critics just couldn't see before its time.
    Socially Acceptable Non-Threatening Superman.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think in many ways these last three movies ( MOS, BvS and JL) will be assessed differently as time goes on. The general audience just didn't embrace it, but that doesn't mean they were bad movies or bad interpretations of these characters. It just wasn't what people expected. In some ways I think they were ahead of their time.

Within the next 10 years people in general will reassess these movies much more positively than they do now. I suspect that'll be in correlation to Marvel's​ formula and current direction starting to wear thin with the public and critics.

By reassessment, I don't think people will suddenly think they are masterpieces, but I do think those that avoided these movies because they heard they were bad, or weren't interested in them because they weren't "cool" like those Marvel movies or otherwise overlooked them will discover these and wonder why they were hated so much.

They'll look pretty good in comparison to "Avengers VII : Thanos and Thor's ( now played by Jack Black) farting contest in Devil's Anus" ( yes it's hyperbole but if Marvel doubles down on the direction we've started on with Ragnarok like I fear they will...It won't be too far off.

Still, it's a shame Unless a miracle happens ,we will be unlikely to see Henry get one more Supes movie. He is the greatest Superman since Chris Reeve.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-22-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

We'd better get one more Superman movie with Cavil. He's earned it (and was def one of the highlights of this movie).

I completely agree that with time these films will be better regarded. I just rewatched BvS in prep for Justice League, and found it a really much more thought provoking film than I realized. That Superman would be a polarizing, and politicized, figure in today's world is undoubtedly true. The scenes with the congressional hearings -- and bought testimony (such as Luthor did with the "survivor" of the desert raid) -- are spot-on for how these things tend. Snyder was onto something there, and it was really interesting.

That noted, I want a Man of Steel sequel that brings the joy to the character that feel Morrison has. Just my opinion.