Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Shazam! director shared some stuff from the Freddy's room. An article by Lois Lane! I'm so freaking happy that this page alone respects Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. It also shows how different DCEU can be, that in the same world where MoS and BvS happened it can also be light hearted like Shazam! and Star Wars'esque like Aquaman.

Last edited by GreatKungLao; 07-22-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Master Hero Vladimir

I'm happy that DC and Warner are fully commited to moving the DCEU, sorry… the Worlds of DC forward, but I'm a bit let down that they haven't announced a new Superman movie. I'd like to remind everyone if that Superman is the guy that started it all and deserves another chance at the big screen, without having to share the spotlight with anyone. If Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman succeed, and I'm pretty sure they will, there is the possibility that DC and Warner will take their chances with Superman again in the future. So, what should we make of this current atmosphere?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Shazam! director shared some stuff from the Freddy's room. An article by Lois Lane! I'm so freaking happy that this page alone respects Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. It also shows how different DCEU can be, that in the same world where MoS and BvS happened it can also be light hearted like Shazam! and Star Wars'esque like Aquaman.
    https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1020847145526726657

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm happy that DC and Warner are fully commited to moving the DCEU, sorry… the Worlds of DC forward, but I'm a bit let down that they haven't announced a new Superman movie. I'd like to remind everyone if that Superman is the guy that started it all and deserves another chance at the big screen, without having to share the spotlight with anyone. If Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman succeed, and I'm pretty sure they will, there is the possibility that DC and Warner will take their chances with Superman again in the future. So, what should we make of this current atmosphere?
    The situation has already been explained by @I_AM_MFR on Twitter. Cavill wants to still be Supes but he also wants more money and more creative control. WB wants him to be Supes too, but they're hesitant because none of his films have been huge successes and they're not sure just how much of an attraction he is. The key is MI6, which is getting great reviews. If it's a huge commercial hit and people like Cavill, he will probably get what he wants. If not we'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    The situation has already been explained by @I_AM_MFR on Twitter. Cavill wants to still be Supes but he also wants more money and more creative control. WB wants him to be Supes too, but they're hesitant because none of his films have been huge successes and they're not sure just how much of an attraction he is. The key is MI6, which is getting great reviews. If it's a huge commercial hit and people like Cavill, he will probably get what he wants. If not we'll just have to see.
    I'm always wary of the idea of giving actors more creative control over movies. Yes, they're creative people, but that doesn't mean they know how to put a good narrative together. Many do of course, but just because you can recite your lines and hit your mark doesn't mean you should be controlling where a whole movie goes.

However, Cavill is about the only thing people actually like about the latest Super-films, and he seems far more passionate about the character than WB. At this point, since WB can't figure their sh*t out and learn the terribly simple formula that makes for great Superman stories, I think they have nothing left to lose, and neither do we. I say give Cav-El what he wants and see what happens. It wont be any worse than what we've already got.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm always wary of the idea of giving actors more creative control over movies. Yes, they're creative people, but that doesn't mean they know how to put a good narrative together. Many do of course, but just because you can recite your lines and hit your mark doesn't mean you should be controlling where a whole movie goes.

However, Cavill is about the only thing people actually like about the latest Super-films, and he seems far more passionate about the character than WB. At this point, since WB can't figure their sh*t out and learn the terribly simple formula that makes for great Superman stories, I think they have nothing left to lose, and neither do we. I say give Cav-El what he wants and see what happens. It wont be any worse than what we've already got.
    Cavill has read Superman comic books. That alone makes me more inclined to give him some degree of control, because a lot of "big-shot" directors have never done that. Also there was an interview with Cavill recently that outlined what he'd want to do next: Brainiac and a Supes with a more "classic" attitude, which is exactly what I want. While I do think the next Superman movie should go more low-budget so it can have a higher profit margin (gotta account for that sadly) and might be better off using Metallo, Manchester Black, Livewire or Parasite, Brainiac is my dream villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    I think it's almost certain that Superman will appear in Shazam! But thin they will keep it under wraps and maybe wait to the last trailer for a little tease of him if he gets shown at all before the actual movie. I can understand they want Shazam to stand on it's own two feet and not feel like it needs to show Superman to be successful.

Announcing Superman in this movie would just about overshadow everything else leading up to release.
    Sandberg didn't film anything with Cavill yet. If Superman will appear in some capacity in Shazam! will be after Cavill's contract will be sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    At this point, since WB can't figure their sh*t out and learn the terribly simple formula that makes for great Superman stories, I think they have nothing left to lose, and neither do we. I say give Cav-El what he wants and see what happens. It wont be any worse than what we've already got.
    After failures after failures since Superman III, if the next Superman movie will not work, it'll be the final nail in the coffin for Superman at the cinema. Scary, eh?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-22-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Cavill has read Superman comic books. That alone makes me more inclined to give him some degree of control, because a lot of "big-shot" directors have never done that. Also there was an interview with Cavill recently that outlined what he'd want to do next: Brainiac and a Supes with a more "classic" attitude, which is exactly what I want. While I do think the next Superman movie should go more low-budget so it can have a higher profit margin (gotta account for that sadly) and might be better off using Metallo, Manchester Black, Livewire or Parasite, Brainiac is my dream villain.
    Henry might be a huge Superman fan and might want to make the next Superman movie work, but it's not like he's gonna go telling the filmmakers how to do their jobs, lest he wants to repeat what happened with Tom Cruise and The Mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    After failures after failures since Superman III, if the next Superman movie will not work, it'll be the final nail in the coffin for Superman at the cinema. Scary, eh?
    Not really. They can just wait a few years before making another Superman film. It worked for Spider-Man, it worked for Batman, it could work for Superman; especially since DC and Warner is committed to a new direction. They just have to do what DC did with Rebirth: work with the fans rather than against them.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Not really. They can just wait a few years before making another Superman film. It worked for Spider-Man, it worked for Batman, it could work for Superman; especially since DC and Warner is committed to a new direction. They just have to do what DC did with Rebirth: work with the fans rather than against them.
    But Spider-Man and Batman's latest critical and financial success wasn't a film of nearly 40 years ago as for Superman.
    Also, Supes seems to be WB's red headed stepchild... I don't know about the current people in charge, but the previous "administration" considered everybody including Cyborg a priority over Superman.
    He can't afford another flop/divisive movie.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-23-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Shazam! deleted scene: https://i.redd.it/5gzjvaw74jb11.jpg

BANNED

Shazam! deleted scene: https://i.redd.it/5gzjvaw74jb11.jpg

Reshoots by Zack Snyder.

Master Hero Vladimir

But Spider-Man and Batman's latest critical and financial success wasn't a film of nearly 40 years ago as for Superman.
    Also, Supes seems to be WB's red headed stepchild... I don't know about the current people in charge, but the previous "administration" considered everybody including Cyborg a priority over Superman.
    He can't afford another flop/divisive movie.
    Like I said, DC and Warner need to work with the fans, not against them. It seems that with all the characters in the DCEU, Superman is the one fans are most protective towards. I know I am protective towards Superman.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 07-23-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Adding info.

Guys.. you have to listen to this interview with the Shazam cast... they mention Henry on set... starts min 1:50 to 2:40

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

https://twitter.com/UberKryptonian/s...03730554732545

During a recent JVS interview with Marc McClure, aka Jimmy Olsen from Superman '78, McClure revealed that the battle between Superman and the Justice League was originally early on in the film.

Superman returning was part of the 1st act with him joining the League in the 3rd.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 07-25-2018 at 11:35 AM.