Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A cameo in Shazam isn't going to be considered as fulfillment of his contract. Cameos are considered extras.

@ Clark_Kent, I agree. I won't let this scoopers control my emotions. I refuse to be their puppet.

All I do is to continue to push for more Superman movies with (or without even) Henry. I want him to end on a high. I'm convinced the best Superman movie has yet to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A cameo in Shazam isn't going to be considered as fulfillment of his contract. Cameos are considered extras.
    It depends on how big the cameo is. If he is credited in the film, that is fulfillment. Remember, contracts don't say "you will make ___ amount of movies", they say "you will appear ___ amount of times as this character". 99% of the time, this does end up meaning full films, but it's not always the case.

Affleck signed a 3-picture deal, but he still has one left because he agreed to an uncredited cameo in Suicide Squad (in Hollywood, these are often called "favor castings", where an actor will appear uncredited as a favor to someone; sometimes the director, sometimes a producer, could be anybody or anything). If Cavill has an extended cameo in Shazam or any other movie and is credited, then his contract is fulfilled. If he shows up on a PE instructional video ala Captain America in Spider-Man, then yeah that probably won't count.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    @ Clark_Kent, I agree. I won't let this scoopers control my emotions. I refuse to be their puppet.

All I do is to continue to push for more Superman movies with (or without even) Henry. I want him to end on a high. I'm convinced the best Superman movie has yet to be made.
    I want more movies too...with Cavill, if possible. I think he's the perfect Superman, he has the look and he oozes charm and he has the chops for it. I'm a DCEU fan, as well as MoS and BvS, but now that we have a fully formed Superman after JL I'm just dying to see what he could do with that.

I think you'll be a lot happier by ignoring the scoopers and waiting for good info from reliable sources, for sure. And that goes for any DCEU news, whether it be Superman or Green Lantern or whomever (and all movies in general, but we're talking Supes here). I've been fortunate to meet some people this year and interact with others who have a foot in the door at certain places, and it's somewhat easier to navigate through the minefield of rumors and hearsay. Not everybody does though, so I just recommend always researching the source and ignoring the BS.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

@Stargazer, Btw, on the last page I referred to you as "man". My deepest and sincerest apologies...I actually had you confused with another poster. I'm sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I want more movies too...with Cavill, if possible. I think he's the perfect Superman, he has the look and he oozes charm and he has the chops for it. I'm a DCEU fan, as well as MoS and BvS, but now that we have a fully formed Superman after JL I'm just dying to see what he could do with that.

I think you'll be a lot happier by ignoring the scoopers and waiting for good info from reliable sources, for sure. And that goes for any DCEU news, whether it be Superman or Green Lantern or whomever (and all movies in general, but we're talking Supes here). I've been fortunate to meet some people this year and interact with others who have a foot in the door at certain places, and it's somewhat easier to navigate through the minefield of rumors and hearsay. Not everybody does though, so I just recommend always researching the source and ignoring the BS.
    Yeah, after JL Superman is fully formed and established. I need to see that explored more, the character needs it. It's what many want to see, the more confident Superman.. sigh. It feels like a new chapter in his life and story.

BTW, if Henry is old at 35, than Gal Gadot is also old at 33.

@Stargazer, Btw, on the last page I referred to you as "man". My deepest and sincerest apologies...I actually had you confused with another poster. I'm sorry about that.
    no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yeah, after JL Superman is fully formed and established. I need to see that explored more, the character needs it. It's what many want to see, the more confident Superman.. sigh. It feels like a new chapter in his life and story.

BTW, if Henry is old at 35, than Gal Gadot is also old at 33.

no worries!
    I think he can play the character as long as he wants, until he physically can't keep the look. I mean, the majority of the action in the suit is CG anyway, so I think he's good to go for quite some time.

I also think the same about Affleck. A lot of people say he's too old for this and that, and I'm just over here like "as long as he looks good in the suit, he can go as long as he likes". All of Batman's action is done by stunt double anyway, so just keep that chin strong lol

Master Hero Vladimir

I'm a huge fan of DCEU Superman and three movies aren't enough, okay!? They aren't enough! We deserve more!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Justice League was meant to complete so many circles back to Man of Steel and give some closure to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

And of course the walk throught the ship was meant to bring us back to the first meeting with Jor-El in a sense that Superman rediscovers himself after resurrection where he actually discovered himself in the first place.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I guess with Superman's return, that's one weight Bruce can get off his conscience. Or not. Maybe. Bruce doesn't really strike as the kind of person who takes pride in his accomplishments.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 08-24-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Grammar check.

BANNED

I don't believe any of this negotiation stuff. WB has made it pretty clear they have no current plan for Superman, and no idea what they want to do with the character yet. So what is there to negotiate? For example, you can't sign him to another standard 3-picture deal if you end up wanting Superman in 5 movies, because then you're just going at all this again. Neither side will sit down and negotiate an extension until there is something to negotiate.

Regardless of whether the rumors are true or not, though, don't lose hope on Cavill. He has one movie left on his deal, and I would bet money that they don't want to make plans for Superman in the future without first using that final appearance to guage audience interest. If they call, he has to do the movie regardless of where negotiations may or may not be. I just wouldn't believe any of these "scoopers" until we hear something from Cavill's side or from WB (spoiler alert: we won't hear about contract talks from either). For what it's worth, Cavill's future extension should definitely include more money though. He was pretty much an unknown when they signed him, and now he's a face most people recognize. That's worth an increase.
    That's clear, imo. And, with so many movies happening - Shazam, Aquaman, WW 84, Flash -, not to mention other projects which already have directors and/or at least a script being written, WB doesn't exactly need another Superman movie in the near future. The Batman will happen, no matter what, and even projects like GLC and Supergirl (WB/DC would have their S fix) are ahead of a supposed new superman movie.